PDA

View Full Version : The Chase today

William Treseder
23-04-24, 16:51
Question for one of the contestants was “ In 2015, which football club was forced by fans to change its shirt colour from red back to the traditional blue”
The contestant, chaser and Bradley all got it right.
Unless my memory is shot, was it really the fans who forced the u-turn? I thought the majority bought into it when we went up to the promised land?

Henry Hill
23-04-24, 16:57
You need to try harder.

William Treseder
23-04-24, 17:00
You need to try harder.
Did you see the question on the show?

Henry Hill
23-04-24, 17:10
Yes. Lucky guess by the contestant. He thought Erik Ten Hag was Japanese!

insider
23-04-24, 18:45
Question for one of the contestants was “ In 2015, which football club was forced by fans to change its shirt colour from red back to the traditional blue”
The contestant, chaser and Bradley all got it right.
Unless my memory is shot, was it really the fans who forced the u-turn? I thought the majority bought into it when we went up to the promised land?
It wasn't the Fans it was Vinny's mums idea

JamesWales
23-04-24, 18:49
Not sure of the definition of 'forced' but it sounds about right to me. The protests only grew and grew until the rebrand was reversed. I despised the rebrand and the protests were one of my favourite times as a City fan, weirdly.

Cleve van Leef
23-04-24, 19:24
Not sure of the definition of 'forced' but it sounds about right to me. The protests only grew and grew until the rebrand was reversed. I despised the rebrand and the protests were one of my favourite times as a City fan, weirdly.

Do you support the Club or colour of the shirt? There are many Clubs that have changed colours, City did in circa 1909 from chocolate and amber to blue and white. Leeds are another so-called big club from blue/gold quarters to all white at the insistence of Don Revie who wanted them to be the Real Madrid of England. It’s not a big deal.

Cleve van Leef
23-04-24, 19:24

Do you support the Club or colour of the shirt? There are many Clubs that have changed colours, City did in circa 1909 from chocolate and amber to blue and white. Leeds are another so-called big club from blue/gold quarters to all white at the insistence of Don Revie who wanted them to be the Real Madrid of England. It’s not a big deal.

bobh
23-04-24, 19:53

I think you're in the minority with that statement.

Along with many others, I continued to wear blue throughout our "red" period, and I believe our continued protests did force Vinnie into the change back to blue.
He put out the story of his mum telling him to do so just to try to save face ("it was mu mum, not you fans")

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-04-24, 19:55

Cobblers

Cleve van Leef
23-04-24, 20:06
Cobblers

So glad you agree.

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-04-24, 20:18
So glad you agree.

If you think cardiff city changing their colours was not a big deal then you are either delusional or being daft for the sake of it

Dembe
23-04-24, 20:20
Cobblers

Don't think they've ever changed kit colour.

SLUDGE FACTORY
23-04-24, 20:24
Don't think they've ever changed kit colour.

Even bloody Northampton Town kept their colours !

Dembe
23-04-24, 20:30
Even bloody Northampton Town kept their colours !

Cobblers

William Treseder
23-04-24, 20:52
Imo, if we’d have beaten Blackpool in the play off final, the colour change would never have happened.
If we’d have stayed up under Malky, and kicked on a bit, we’d still be in red now.

2b2bdoo
23-04-24, 20:54
The biggest protests seem to start when we were struggling in the prem.

NYCBlue
23-04-24, 21:18
If you think cardiff city changing their colours was not a big deal then you are either delusional or being daft for the sake of it

THIS.

Jimmy the Jock
24-04-24, 09:13
The biggest protests seem to start when we were struggling in the prem.

It was after we got relegated and the numbers dropped like a stone.
The vast majority of the away support remained blue all through, so not everyone bought into it.

WJ99mobile
24-04-24, 09:55
WUM

Ignore.

William Treseder
24-04-24, 18:15
WUM

Ignore.
Fool. Also ignore.

superfeathers
25-04-24, 07:54
I seem to remember we went back to blue almost immediately after an exceptionally low attendance on tv. So arguably the chase question is correct but I’d say the change was forced through apathy rather than action

blackrock bluebird
25-04-24, 08:45
It wasn't just the fans, but they definitely had a say in it

2b2bdoo
25-04-24, 09:39
It was after we got relegated and the numbers dropped like a stone.
The vast majority of the away support remained blue all through, so not everyone bought into it.

I don’t think many bought into it, but it’s funny what success can do.