Aye top man

Re: Anthony Pilkington - Top man

Wel done Pilks

New city legend in the making.

Fair play

It's nice when footballers show they can sometimes think about the world outside of their little bubble and, when coupled with a match-performance, Pilks has come out very well from this.

However, I can recognise the peculiarity of a seven year old saving four lives and the "well done" being directed at the footballer who paid tribute to him.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Mon, 29 February 2016 19:32
    It's nice when footballers show they can sometimes think about the world outside of their little bubble and, when coupled with a match-performance, Pilks has come out very well from this.
    Pilks has come out well from this? That's more like a than a little cynical isn't it. Of course you have to admire his mother for allowing the organ donations, but this was just saying well done to Pilks for drawing the publics attention to something they would otherwise probably have been unaware of.

Pilk's wasn't the one who brought this to the media attention. Afaik he did the gesture as a tribute to the young boy, and it was the boys mum bringing it up on Twitter that brought it to the attention of the press. Before that it was a private tribute to a boy who happened to go to the same school as his own kids.
    I think it was a genuine act and it's more than a bit mean to dismiss it as a but of good publicity for himself.

Has Pilks come out well from this? Yes, he did a nice thing and people are recognising it.
    Have 5/7 comments directly referred to Pilks? Yes.
    Have 0/7 comments referred to the young boy? Yes
    Did I imply that Pilks was doing something unselfish? Yes.

Jeez, this is like when people thought I'd never heard of water-skiing all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Mon, 29 February 2016 20:31
    Has Pilks come out well from this? Yes, he did a nice thing and people are recognising it.
    OK your story checks out.