+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve Borley...

Re: Steve Borley...

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 22:33
    I think Steve Borley is an honourable man. He has supported our club through thick and thin, and has frequently put his health and his money on the line. He may have made some bad decisions, but I think every one of them was what he believed was in the best interests of the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 22:29
    I also don't like the attacks on Scott young, who has been a great servant of the club over a number of years. Maybe he isn't a great coach, but once again I think he is doing his very best. (Which sadly may not be good enough.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rich wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 22:22
    I don't think either men like whats happening at the club, however they have to be more diplomatic (in public at least) than we need to be.
    Does he still attend on match day? looked like there was no bugger in the Directors box against Watford

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty-Nine wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 18:05
    Judas.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 17:57
    I thought there was only 1 Judas, however I have seen tens of thousands turn up for Red Dragon games, why single out Borley? What he has done is no better or worse than those that endorse the franchise by financially and/ or emotionally supporting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKAS wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 14:11
    Whoever you are you should shut up. You're a WUM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty-Nine wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 13:43
    Listen sonny.If i had not bought my ST for last season on the price freeze then Tan would have sold my seat for a lot more than i paid for it.Therefore i deprived Tan of revenue.Season ticket for next season.?

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKAS wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 14:11
    Judas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty-Nine wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 13:43
    I thought there was only 1 Judas, however I have seen tens of thousands turn up for Red Dragon games, why single out Borley? What he has done is no better or worse than those that endorse the franchise by financially and/ or emotionally supporting it.
    Steve, is that you ? ? ?

leave the man alone hes cardiff through and through
    Hes put loads of his own money into cardiff
    if you want to have a go at someone pick on
    TAN

Can you really blame someone for protecting an investment, whilst he's well off its not like he's able to just write his money off. Unfortunately some things do have to come before football.

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 22:23
    Can you really blame someone for protecting an investment, whilst he's well off its not like he's able to just write his money off. Unfortunately some things do have to come before football.
    I have always said that he was good enough to see us through the times when no fooker wanted to know us, so for him to not rock the boat, its hardly surprising and most would do the same

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 22:47
    Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 22:23
    I have always said that he was good enough to see us through the times when no fooker wanted to know us, so for him to not rock the boat, its hardly surprising and most would do the same
    I always feel bad that Barry Macauliff gets grief on here, do people expect someone to rock the boat so they lose their job? Especially something like working in football which is a very difficult industry to get certain positions in.

Quote Originally Posted by andi_cardiff wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 13:32
    Let's not forget the integral part be played in forcing through the whole rebrand, arguably for his own financial benefit.
    At least he seems to have learnt not to get involved in twitter and message board bickering.

I think Steve Borley is an honourable man. He has supported our club through thick and thin, and has frequently put his health and his money on the line. He may have made some bad decisions, but I think every one of them was what he believed was in the best interests of the club.
    I also don't like the attacks on Scott young, who has been a great servant of the club over a number of years. Maybe he isn't a great coach, but once again I think he is doing his very best. (Which sadly may not be good enough.)
    I don't think either men like whats happening at the club, however they have to be more diplomatic (in public at least) than we need to be.
    First world problems

Quote Originally Posted by pompeyblue wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 07:39
    Let's not forget the integral part be played in forcing through the whole rebrand, arguably for his own financial benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by andi_cardiff wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 13:32
    With all the anger being sent in the way of Vincent Tan, and to a lower extent Russell Slade, he seems to have got himself off the hook.
    Maybe as a director he knew the true position of the club...

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 08:40
    How about we stop attacking each other, and focus on the real enemy TAN. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
    And that is a shame for all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 08:46
    Maybe. Although if he did, then it's curious that the Chairman and CEO didn't...

Quote Originally Posted by VimanaMan wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 08:47
    How about we stop attacking each other, and focus on the real enemy TAN. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
    I agree with a lot of what you say but there's being diplomatic and then there is going completely OTT to defend the rebrand and belittling long term supporters who had a different viewpoint. He was best to say nothing at all or at least stick to "the rebrand was necessary to save the club" line.
    Why? It's only football after all. Maybe watching football is what most of us want to do and really we shouldn't concern ourselves too much with matters beyond our control.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 09:11
    Maybe. Although if he did, then it's curious that the Chairman and CEO didn't...
    Really? There are plenty of examples of one director knowing about the workings of a company that the chairman or CEO weren't privy to. Being a civil servant I wouldn't expect you to be too familiar with corporate governance other than what you have read in a book. Perhaps you are outside of your comfort zone here but don't really appreciate it. It certainly appears that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:00
    Really? There are plenty of examples of one director knowing about the workings of a company that the chairman or CEO weren't privy to. Being a civil servant I wouldn't expect you to be too familiar with corporate governance other than what you have read in a book. Perhaps you are outside of your comfort zone here but don't really appreciate it. It certainly appears that way.
    Corporate governance? What has that got to do with Cardiff City Football Club?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:10
    Yup, that must be it. TG and Whiteley were out of the loop. Borley knew best. And got weighed in, remarkably enough.
    It's like shelling peas

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 09:58
    I agree with a lot of what you say but there's being diplomatic and then there is going completely OTT to defend the rebrand and belittling long term supporters who had a different viewpoint. He was best to say nothing at all or at least stick to "the rebrand was necessary to save the club" line.
    Spot on, Steve lost a lot of respect from a lot of supporters for the way he behaved at the time. It won't be forgotten.
    Cheer up grumpy.

Same with you then, you don't produce a thing, just make your living from other peoples hard work and endeavour. What skills do you have that make a difference to society and the economy?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:14
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:10
    Yup, that must be it. TG and Whiteley were out of the loop. Borley knew best. And got weighed in, remarkably enough.
    Corporate governance? What has that got to do with Cardiff City Football Club?
    Atleast that would be productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:14
    It's like shelling peas
    Indeed. But not like corporate governance.

Quote Originally Posted by VimanaMan wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:16
    Spot on, Steve lost a lot of respect from a lot of supporters for the way he behaved at the time. It won't be forgotten.
    Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.
    That would imply he has another one.

Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Feedback? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:32
    Is there really any need to adopt such an attitude, Feedback? You are an intelligent person and you do not need to resort to schoolboy insults. Why not just argue your point reasonably if you think you have a good case. People don't seem to realise that insulting other posters does not necessarily strengthen their own case.
    Yeah, but, he's right about civil servants though.

So says the man who has posted tens of thousands of messages about UK politics on a football messageboard since the last General Election .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:16
    Same with you then, you don't produce a thing, just make your living from other peoples hard work and endeavour. What skills do you have that make a difference to society and the economy?
    You have a point. However without accountants and tax advisors hmrc wouldn't have any idea about what taxes are due and we would see the collapse of public services.