+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve Borley...

Re: Steve Borley...

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 13:57
    I think Steve Borley is an honourable man. He has supported our club through thick and thin, and has frequently put his health and his money on the line. He may have made some bad decisions, but I think every one of them was what he believed was in the best interests of the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by VimanaMan wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 13:51
    I also don't like the attacks on Scott young, who has been a great servant of the club over a number of years. Maybe he isn't a great coach, but once again I think he is doing his very best. (Which sadly may not be good enough.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 13:38
    I don't think either men like whats happening at the club, however they have to be more diplomatic (in public at least) than we need to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by VimanaMan wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 13:09
    How about we stop attacking each other, and focus on the real enemy TAN. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 13:03
    I agree with a lot of what you say but there's being diplomatic and then there is going completely OTT to defend the rebrand and belittling long term supporters who had a different viewpoint. He was best to say nothing at all or at least stick to "the rebrand was necessary to save the club" line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 12:35
    Spot on, Steve lost a lot of respect from a lot of supporters for the way he behaved at the time. It won't be forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 11:57
    Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 11:54
    First world problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 11:18
    Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by saganspirit wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 11:09
    I think its fair to imagine that very very few of us ever get to know exactly what is going on behind the scenes, but collectively we dissect it based upon guesswork and interpretation of how thing appear to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:59
    In the latter respect, SB's recent actions do seem uncomfortably at odds with his admirable earlier actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:34
    and that is a shame for all concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 09:58
    Why? It's only football after all. Maybe watching football is what most of us want to do and really we shouldn't concern ourselves too much with matters beyond our control.
    Quote Originally Posted by VimanaMan wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 08:47
    So says the man who has posted tens of thousands of messages about UK politics on a football messageboard since the last General Election .
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 08:40
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 22:33
    Just to clarify, you still have me on ignore, but you quote me directly as in the post above. Either you're lying or you have lied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 22:29
    No biggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rich wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 22:22
    What possible reason could he have to have you on ignore...
    Tetchy? not at all ! - it is but lighthearted banter about your amusing fail, of course.

I think Steve Borley is an honourable man. He has supported our club through thick and thin, and has frequently put his health and his money on the line. He may have made some bad decisions, but I think every one of them was what he believed was in the best interests of the club.
    I also don't like the attacks on Scott young, who has been a great servant of the club over a number of years. Maybe he isn't a great coach, but once again I think he is doing his very best. (Which sadly may not be good enough.)
    I don't think either men like whats happening at the club, however they have to be more diplomatic (in public at least) than we need to be.
    How about we stop attacking each other, and focus on the real enemy TAN. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
    I agree with a lot of what you say but there's being diplomatic and then there is going completely OTT to defend the rebrand and belittling long term supporters who had a different viewpoint. He was best to say nothing at all or at least stick to "the rebrand was necessary to save the club" line.
    Spot on, Steve lost a lot of respect from a lot of supporters for the way he behaved at the time. It won't be forgotten.
    Mind you, some of it is now comedy gold. It was recalled on Twitter only yesterday when the red seats were first rumoured in the new stand that Borley tweeted he didn't care what colour they would be as someone would always be sat on them in games so nobody would see them.
    First world problems
    Nigel is correct in as much as that it wont be forgotten, but that SB's previous altruism and 'City through and through' actions will have become overshadowed (for many) by more recent stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 10:34
    I think its fair to imagine that very very few of us ever get to know exactly what is going on behind the scenes, but collectively we dissect it based upon guesswork and interpretation of how thing appear to be.
    In the latter respect, SB's recent actions do seem uncomfortably at odds with his admirable earlier actions.
    Why? It's only football after all. Maybe watching football is what most of us want to do and really we shouldn't concern ourselves too much with matters beyond our control.
    So says the man who has posted tens of thousands of messages about UK politics on a football messageboard since the last General Election .
    Bob
    Just to clarify, you still have me on ignore, but you quote me directly as in the post above. Either you're lying or you have lied.
    Apology accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 14:15
    First world problems
    Bob
    No biggy
    It wasn't aimed at you but if you are feeling that needy - you are more than welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 13:20
    Let's not forget the integral part be played in forcing through the whole rebrand, arguably for his own financial benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by andi_cardiff wrote on Mon, 29 December 2014 13:32
    With all the anger being sent in the way of Vincent Tan, and to a lower extent Russell Slade, he seems to have got himself off the hook.
    Isn't that why God gave us Noel Edmonds?

Quote Originally Posted by VimanaMan wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 16:53

Quote Originally Posted by steve borley wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 16:50
    **** off Steve this has nothing to do with you.

Such is his contempt for the club, he's mocking this thread, the worm has truly turned, not a nice man and certainly not the man from Llanrumney made good anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty-Nine wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 17:12
    Such is his contempt for the club, he's mocking this thread, the worm has truly turned, not a nice man and certainly not the man from Llanrumney made good anymore.
    How on earth do you make that out??

Some really crass and appalling comments on this thread.

Steve had an awful lot to lose if Tan didn't invest.

He had invested in our club for many years when there was little coming from elsewhere.

He is Cardiff City through and through and a damn sight more than some of you ungrateful people.

Same applies to Scott Young.

Do you think Steve Borley, Scott Young or even Vincent Tan wanted to see us do poorly, yet some clowns on here want us to fail !!!

When Tan came here, he did bail us out.

I know who I believe and that's Steve Borley as he would have had far greater knowledge to make an informed choice, than the pure speculation, supposition and wild exaggerations of those who are on this modern day witch hunt.

I dislike the colour change and I would suspect so does Steve Borley and Scott Young. They can't confirm that as they are intrinsically linked to the club and Tan.

The colour change or the actual death of our club was an easy choice for me to make.

So called fans proclaim that their club is already dead to them are clearly exaggerating their feelings of being disenfranchised, as the club is still called Cardiff City FC, playing out of the Cardiff City Stadium which is located in the City of Cardiff.

Our history of winning the FA Cup in 1927, along with 2 other FA Cup finals, the relatively successful years in the 1920's, some time in the old Div 1 for 7 seasons in the 50's and early 60's, the selling of Toshack, the awful years between 1985 and 2000, our reputation for wanting to fight opposition fans and even some of our own. That's all history that cannot be changed.

Tan had a vision of our future and it would have been the most successful period in our history.

However, Malky and Moody mismanaged the mass of funds given to them by Tan and others and we underperformed based on our spending under Malky and especially and surprisingly under OGS.

Tan even gave OGS massive funds for him to sign players he thought would prove successful.

Let's be honest, most on here and independent journalists and bookmakers thought we would be favourites to return to PL.

So Tan in fairness has had EVERY intention to make us as successful as he possibly could.

Quote Originally Posted by purple haze2 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 17:29
    So in fairness, you are talking bollox

We are ****ed until he goes.

What has irritated people is the consistent support/defending of the rebrand by him, to an extent where he was mocking long term supporters for not going along with it on social media. He could have just said nothing or left it at 'it was the only option available to see the club survive, but he didnt and it went OTT for me and now people see him in a slightly different light to a time before the rebrand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 17:04
    Quote Originally Posted by steve borley wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 16:50

Say what you want about Steve, his daughter is absolutely fit as ****. Top work Steve. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 23:18
    Say what you want about Steve, his daughter is absolutely fit as ****. Top work Steve. I appreciate it.
    Some right cretins on here been watching for 5 minutes,absolute bollocks ,Without Mr Borley there wouldnt be a shirt of any colour to fight over, Scott Young is a legend, a Cardiff City legend trying do his best for his club under very difficult circumstances sometimes I wonder if we got some thickest,dumbest, numpties,watching cos they aint fans thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 18:07
    What would you expect him to say ?

Quote Originally Posted by purple haze2 wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 00:52
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 18:07
    He had invested in our club for many years when there was little coming from elsewhere.
    Change the colours back to blue and start the healing process.