+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ali v Suarez (in their prime)

Ali v Suarez (in their prime)

Phil Suarez

Re: Ali v Suarez (in their prime)

Ali was mildly humourous and played some decent music at Ninian Park. Not so much these days.

Definitely Phil Suarez, always wished the away supporters a safe journey home to whatever county they came from.
    Can anyone remember the song they played over the tannoy after Aldershot's final game 1991-2
    I know I sound like a right saddo but its funny what sticks in your mind sometimes

I find Ali really nauseating !! .. Plays crappy music and likes the sound of his own voice ... Loved Phil Suarez .. Class above Ali

Quote Originally Posted by JP1970 wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 19:37
    Definitely Phil Suarez, always wished the away supporters a safe journey home to whatever county they came from.
    'The Last Time' Rolling Stones. Remember it as clear as day. Apart from the Reading match the other week, the Aldershot game was the only time when I felt underwhelmed by a City win, because we knew it was the Last Time for Aldershot.

Got to be honest, I hate 'Simply the Best' by Tina Turner with a passion because of Phil Suarez, that ain't a bad thing mind. Phil was quality!

Different weights - Suarez definitely the heavyweight against the bantam

Phil Suarez - legend

First Team

Jumbo was the best of the lot.

The Steptoe & Son tune to West Ham fans was quality but his welsh announcement of added time gets on my wick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 00:19
    Quote Originally Posted by JP1970 wrote on Thu, 01 January 2015 19:37
    Can anyone remember the song they played over the tannoy after Aldershot's final game 1991-2
    Spot on!!!! funny what sticks isn't it, even though I cant remember much from the last couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 19:00
    The Steptoe & Son tune to West Ham fans was quality but his welsh announcement of added time gets on my wick.
    Completely wrong, made a fool of himself that night. The Steptoes were from Oildrum Lane, Shepherds Bush, the heart of QPR country. Til Death Us Do Part was more in line with West Ham. West Ham fans were amused by his lack of London knowledge that night along the lines of 'ignorant Welsh knob', was akin to a Goldie Looking Chain song being played to wind us up.

Didn't Ali once applied for the City's manager spot back in the mid 90's? wasn't he a taxi driver

Apologies if I am talking B****cks

Is it me being a grumpy old fart but find the make some noise support the boys really nauseating akin to the tannoy man at the mill stadium shouting Cymru cymru at rugby games