+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whittingham, sorry Baker but the game is up.

Re: Whittingham, sorry Baker but the game is up.

Whittingham was sheer class against Colchester, as he always is.

He and Kenwyne our carrying us.

It was actually refreshing to see Whitts so far forward.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 22:45
    Incredibly it seems Silly Slade started with Harris up front but when he realised there was a man down in midfield swapped him with Harris, throwing him up as almost an out an out striker in a 4 4 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 22:30
    Are we so very poor that Whittingham must be on the pitch no matter what? Just in case we get a corner? Is that it? Is that Silly Slades bag of tricks?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 20:45
    We have strikers on the bench who must be scratching their heads with Whittingham up front contributing marginally more than the apathetic Macheda.
    I made a single comment to counter a message which, as far as Whittingham is concerned at least, the writer could have made half an hour before the game started because he's like a stuck record on him and you always know exactly what he is going to post. He doesn't allow little things like how his target plays in a particular game to influence his opinion on them - last night he chose the wrong target, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 22:47
    Our midfield collapsed after Whittingham went off and then they scored and nearly scored another. The original post has to be a wind up.
    This club is going yo gave a shitload of players moving on but Whittingham will stay and my question is simple. Where should he be playing if he stays? Too many people think he should be playing because he is Peter Whittingham.

So let me get this straight - Kenwyne Jones over hits a simple pass in behind and its deemed as "blinding". Whilst Whittingham picks out a run from his colleague to the near post which results in a goal, but it was under hit and clearly a fluke.

What's the point in debating Peter Whittimgham with you?

You clearly don't remeber Whittingham's ball into the 6 yard box from open play - that Adeyemi simply had to prod home. Unfortunately Adeyemi fluffed his lines and the ball went out for a goal kick. Suppose that one was over hit - of course Whittingham didnt mean to find his colleague for another sure goal there?

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 08:39
    Too many people think he should be playing because he is Peter Whittingham.
    That is the general idea of team selection, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 22:47
    Our midfield collapsed after Whittingham went off and then they scored and nearly scored another. The original post has to be a wind up.
    My gawd. The bloke was actually serious.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 04:42
    Incredibly it seems Silly Slade started with Harris up front but when he realised there was a man down in midfield swapped him with Harris, throwing him up as almost an out an out striker in a 4 4 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 22:45
    Are we so very poor that Whittingham must be on the pitch no matter what? Just in case we get a corner? Is that it? Is that Silly Slades bag of tricks?
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 22:30
    We have strikers on the bench who must be scratching their heads with Whittingham up front contributing marginally more than the apathetic Macheda.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 20:45
    Adeyemi and Ralls ARE providing much needed energy and I think a few games together might see them settle but we all know Slade will put Whitts or Gunnarson back in. Noone is rubbish, and under Slade our full backs do not overlap.
    Did I say differently?I was looking at the bigger picture as to why Whittingham appeared to give an improved performance.I would say that is due in part to the performances of Ralls and Adeyemi in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 21:02
    Another assist for Whitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 21:01
    HE'S USELESS, HOLDING US BACK FFS
    Another Jones player ruined by Young.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 21:05
    Another assist for Whitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 21:02
    HE'S USELESS, HOLDING US BACK FFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Fri, 02 January 2015 21:01
    In fact, all 3 goals have come from Whittingham corners. NEM with another mare
    There are plenty of players who can take free kicks and corners, AND contribute to game besides. Whitts does feck all besides, no tackles, no pace, no pass over 5yds.....get rid of him ASAP!

we consistently have 4 or 5 players who put in less effort and deliver far less quality than Whitts and so this post is puzzling.
    Last night Whitts played well and provided some quality. When compared to Macheda, Le Warren Feeney Fumble he is levels better

Load of shit

You want to drop Whittingham for Ralls?

Ralls is shit. I do agree with you on Noone being really poor this season though.