+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A mixture of disgruntlement, cold weather and the fact the game was televised

A mixture of disgruntlement, cold weather and the fact the game was televised

Nowt to do with any protest according to Terry Phillips. We're just a fickle lot ay..??

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ca rdiff-city-boss-russell-slade-8376906

Re: A mixture of disgruntlement, cold weather and the fact the game was televised

The silly fecker should have had a look in town tonight. Loads of us having a drink and giving the match a swerve.

Re: A mixture of disgruntlement, cold weather and the fact the game was televised

what would bbc egg know about it ?

Me not going was purely down to disgruntlement and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by beef wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 01:06
    Nowt to do with any protest according to Terry Phillips. We're just a fickle lot ay..??
    He's spot on. There was no mass boycott against the regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaio wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 09:18
    Terry is right. What really made me cringe last night was the clowns in the Ninian stand singing anti Swansea songs.At this moment in time why would we mention Swansea it is just making us look right knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 01:10
    The silly fecker should have had a look in town tonight. Loads of us having a drink and giving the match a swerve.
    Would the low attendance occur if we had drawn a premiership top 4 club at home , not trying to judge anyone ,just attempting to apply some sense to this swerve ?

Quite clearly it was the LOWEST crowd for many years for a reason. Yes, it was on tv, it was cold etc, but that frequenly applies. The reason the crowd was 4,000 and not 7-8,000 is the rebrand and all associated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 14:58
    Would the low attendance occur if we had drawn a premiership top 4 club at home , not trying to judge anyone ,just attempting to apply some sense to this swerve ?
    If it had been against someone like Liverpool, Man Utd or Man City, it would have been close to if not a sell out. The difference being I think it would have been taken up by the floating supporter rather than all current season ticket holders, those who are disgruntled and thinking of giving up their season tickets. There in lies Tan's problem, the floating supporter only wants to watch those games, we won't be playing teams like that next season and he is alienating his existing customer base.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 09:12
    Me too but will be back next Saturday!!!!

Jacks at home in the 4th Round please fora complete sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 15:40
    Now that would liven up the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 15:40
    Don't be so harsh on yourself Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 15:37
    I wont I will be in Cheltenham watching Nils Logfren

Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 16:10
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 15:37
    I wont I will be in Cheltenham watching Nils Logfren
    Guitar craftsman

Of course it was the rebrand FFS!!! If we were in blue etc etc we would have had about 8000.
    Even silly loyal feckwits like me have had enough. I'm doing my bit....I'll let me season ticket run out without going, then join #nobluenorenew.
    When will people realise the love for the club and how hard it is to break the habit??

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 14:58
    Of course it'll be full to the brim of fans of Cardiff as their 'second' team - but I assume it will be full if we pick out Man Utd, Liverpool or Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemellons wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 20:36
    Of course it was the rebrand FFS!!! If we were in blue etc etc we would have had about 8000.
    What if we get promoted?

I don't care who they draw in the next round, I won't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by saganspirit wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 20:48
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemellons wrote on Sat, 03 January 2015 20:36
    Even silly loyal feckwits like me have had enough. I'm doing my bit....I'll let me season ticket run out without going, then join #nobluenorenew.
    That red kit and badge turn my stomach. No more.

I don't care who we get in the next round.I'm not giving that ignorant,slimey, nasty little bond villain one more penny of my hard earned cash.