+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happens if Ched Evans is cleared on appeal?

What happens if Ched Evans is cleared on appeal?

Anyone got any thoughts?

Re: What happens if Ched Evans is cleared on appeal?

Then he will be out of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cheapo wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 12:13
    Anyone got any thoughts?
    Who's liable for that tho'?

Ones thing for sure if he does or doesn't win his appeal this board will go into overdrive with plenty of " I told you so " comments

There will be a lot of humble pie to be eaten by all sorts of people. He should concentrate on either clearing his name rather than getting into football or try and make a living outside the game.

I don't think he will. I hope he does and it turns out the evidence we've heard is false but I can't imagine that happening.

He's still guilty at the moment though so I think those who've spoken out against him have every right to do so .

I can't understand how the conviction is safe when two people committed the same act and one got off and Evans didn't. If Evans wins his appeal he will be able to claim compensation with an amount deducted for his board and lodge at Her Majesty's pleasure (I kid you not). If the conviction is lifted there will be nothing preventing him from continuing his career as a footballer.

As matters stand he is a convicted rapist and you can hardly blame any football club for not wanting to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 12:36
    I can't understand how the conviction is safe when two people committed the same act and one got off and Evans didn't. If Evans wins his appeal he will be able to claim compensation with an amount deducted for his board and lodge at Her Majesty's pleasure (I kid you not). If the conviction is lifted there will be nothing preventing him from continuing his career as a footballer.
    So if new evidence comes to light that means he wins his appeal on the grounds that the courts / cps / police didn't follow procedures correctly then he may not be acquitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 12:36
    I do though, firmly believe that he should be allowed to get on with his career now.

Quote Originally Posted by NP25 Bluebird wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 12:44
    As matters stand he is a convicted rapist and you can hardly blame any football club for not wanting to sign him.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeals...he_Crown_Court

Long way to go before that point. Probably looking at this summer for the CCRC to report back and then it might be summer 2016 before the appeal actually takes place if the CCRC refer him to the Court of Appeal. The second part of that is a big assumption seeing as the CCRC only refer around seven per cent of cases they investigate to the Court of Appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:13
    What about the camera footage

I presume his lawyers will spend hours trawling through message boards and social media working out how much they can sue for.

Few rapes are carried out in front of an audience so it's a wonder that any convictions are made if we're going by that.

The rationale behind this seems to be that convicting Evans was 'safer' than convicting both, so they went for it. There is no proof as such, its all circumstantial. The prosecution lined up the ducks the way they wanted and Evans not meeting the girl prior to the hotel room is not exactly what i would call damning evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:20
    The rationale is that Mcdonald met the woman before, whereas Ched didn't.
    and that just about sums it up

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:30
    I still don't understand how that proves that Ched Evans raped her.
    I agree except for the fact the safest conviction of all would have been to acquit both or convict both. It was a hostage to fortune for one to get off and one to be convicted. Although Evans did not meet the woman beforehand it was the other bloke who arguably lured the woman to the hotel room after meeting her for the first time earlier that night.

The best thing Evans could do if he won the appeal was to give his compensation to a rape charity.

Then stick 2 fingers up to all that doubted him.

Again! What about the film that was taken by his so called friends?

Plus the text messages!

He sent a text message to his pal during the journey telling him he had "got a bird".

McDonald had sex with the victim, before Evans arrived a short time later and joined in, as two more friends tried to film the sordid affair through a window.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:39
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:30
    I still don't understand how that proves that Ched Evans raped her.
    Well, lets be honest, it doesn't prove it does it. No one knows what happened in the room, it's a case of one word against another.
    The very first note written by an officer of the law in this case had on the top of the page 'Titus Bramble?' scribbled in hand. From the very outset it seems the police chased the rape agenda, it was them who put the idea in the girls head in the first place after all.

This is from the independent, if that isn't rape I don't know what is.

The media will then call him unconvicted rapist Ched Evans

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 15:42
    Quote:
    Scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 15:42
    Quote:
    It is setting a dangerous precedent to give people a free pass from decisions they've made because they don't remember making them due to alcohol.

Means he maybe given a new chance in life , if it fails he is buggered until he apologises personally to the victim and to the public in general ?