+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happens if Ched Evans is cleared on appeal?

Re: What happens if Ched Evans is cleared on appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy One wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:17
    Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 15:42
    A jury disagreed. The facts remain that on 30 May 2011, Evans got a text from his friend, Clayton McDonald, to say that he had "got a bird", neglecting to mention he had "got" her at 3am in the queue for pizza when she was so drunk that she fell over and twisted her ankle. In fact, she had drunk so much that she doesn't remember how she got to the hotel room where she eventually woke up, her clothes scattered around the floor. But this isn't about her actions: it's about Evans. And he does remember. He remembers and freely admits - that he got a taxi to the Premier Inn where McDonald had taken the 19 year-old, let himself into the room and watched his friend have sex with her. He then "got involved", while his brother and another friend watched through a window and tried to film it on their phones. Evans left later that morning via a fire escape.
    Wasn't she on Twitter blabbing about what mini she wants to buy and going on a spending spree resulting from an imminent cash windfall?

He refuses to play for Sheff Utd!

Quote:
    Bold bit is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:49
    Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Holy One wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:17
    A jury disagreed. The facts remain that on 30 May 2011, Evans got a text from his friend, Clayton McDonald, to say that he had "got a bird", neglecting to mention he had "got" her at 3am in the queue for pizza when she was so drunk that she fell over and twisted her ankle. In fact, she had drunk so much that she doesn't remember how she got to the hotel room where she eventually woke up, her clothes scattered around the floor. But this isn't about her actions: it's about Evans. And he does remember. He remembers and freely admits - that he got a taxi to the Premier Inn where McDonald had taken the 19 year-old, let himself into the room and watched his friend have sex with her. He then "got involved", while his brother and another friend watched through a window and tried to film it on their phones. Evans left later that morning via a fire escape.
    Evans doesn't think this sequence of events makes him a rapist. But unfortunately for him the jury did, and it is from that foundation that all our conversations about Evans and his professional career should start. The Football Association are not able to overturn or ignore the decisions of our legal system. Should the decision be overturned in court, then it's a discussion that can be reopened.
    matching cars for her and her best mate, she then had a " tidy up " and deleted all the posts, but they were found by some hacker ( on a french server i believe )#

Why did he sneak in and out of the hotel on a fraudulently obtained room card? So many apologists refusing to look at the whole story

Quote Originally Posted by kevinNugentsHead wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:14
    Why did he sneak in and out of the hotel on a fraudulently obtained room card? So many apologists refusing to look at the whole story
    I still can't believe so many people are backing him; found guilty, appeal lost and now he's going to try and get another evidence appeal. I've never seen so many people willing to stick up for a convicted rapist before!

s.76 Sexual Offences Act 2003

Conclusive presumptions about consent.

(1)If in proceedings for an offence to which this section applies it is proved that the defendant did the relevant act and that any of the circumstances specified in subsection (2) existed, it is to be conclusively presumed-- .
    (a)that the complainant did not consent to the relevant act, and .
    (b)that the defendant did not believe that the complainant consented to the relevant act. .
    (2)The circumstances are that-- .
    (a)the defendant intentionally deceived the complainant as to the nature or purpose of the relevant act; .
    (b)the defendant intentionally induced the complainant to consent to the relevant act by impersonating a person known personally to the complainant. ..

Stone cold sober having sex with a passed out girl after sneaking into your mates hotel room while your brother and mate watched through the window. How can anyone defend this is beyond me!

From footage I've seen, she was sober enough to go back outside to pick up the pizza, and the person I understand to be Evans, appeared to be " with" the woman ?
    But hey, what do I know !

Sober enough to pick up a pizza

Hardly the krypton factor is it?

And that wasn't Evans with her it was McDonald

Quote:
    She was on the cctv of the travelodge walking in unaided and seemingly not as drunk as this article makes out.

Quote Originally Posted by CantonStandBaby wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 22:39
    Quote:
    I guess she was 1/2 sober when she was screaming out " f*** me harder " and " lick me out " ( confirmed i believe by the " hall porter of the hotel "

Quote Originally Posted by NECS wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 13:31
    I presume his lawyers will spend hours trawling through message boards and social media working out how much they can sue for.
    How can they sue if people are stating the findings of the court?

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:44
    Sober enough to pick up a pizza
    Even the porter said he heard her having "enthusiastic sex".

Quote Originally Posted by jones the job wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:30
    From footage I've seen, she was sober enough to go back outside to pick up the pizza, and the person I understand to be Evans, appeared to be " with" the woman ?
    That wasn't Evans with her though, that was blackmore. Evans turned up later, fraudulently obtained another key card to the room and let himself in.

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:21
    Stone cold sober having sex with a passed out girl after sneaking into your mates hotel room while your brother and mate watched through the window. How can anyone defend this is beyond me!
    I can only conclude that there were people of the same view on the jury. What Evans did was deeply, deeply unpleasent. A lot of people have trouble differentiating this from undertaking a criminal act. You seem to be one of them, by all means feel free to draw a conclusion on the case using the evidence at hand, but just because you dont like what Evans did on the night does not make it rape.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by kevinNugentsHead wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 22:57
    Quote Originally Posted by jones the job wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:30
    But hey, what do I know !
    wrong Clayton.

Quote:
    I think a lot of people aware believing everything they read on ched's site

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 23:09
    Quote:
    Evans doesn't think this sequence of events makes him a rapist. But unfortunately for him the jury did, and it is from that foundation that all our conversations about Evans and his professional career should start. The Football Association are not able to overturn or ignore the decisions of our legal system. Should the decision be overturned in court, then it's a discussion that can be reopened.
    Your "passed out" comment shows you don't know the case either.

Quote Originally Posted by CityViking wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 23:04
    I can only conclude that there were people of the same view on the jury. What Evans did was deeply, deeply unpleasent. A lot of people have trouble differentiating this from undertaking a criminal act. You seem to be one of them, by all means feel free to draw a conclusion on the case using the evidence at hand, but just because you dont like what Evans did on the night does not make it rape.
    I'm not calling him a violent rapist (different types of rape are a whole other can of worms) but he is guilty imo

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 23:12
    Quote:
    This is from the independent, if that isn't rape I don't know what is.
    Have a read of the actual trial please

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 23:12
    Quote Originally Posted by CityViking wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 23:04
    I've looked at the case in a lot of detail and I believe it to be rape as did the jury and the court of appeal.
    why did you say "passed out" then?

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 23:13
    Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 23:12
    This is from the independent, if that isn't rape I don't know what is.
    She was on the cctv of the travelodge walking in unaided and seemingly not as drunk as this article makes out.
    What evidence is there she was "passed out" then?

Why are people so desperate for a convicted rapist to be found not guilty after being found guilty twice?

I still think he should be a footballer too, but his whole website and creeps backing him up on the 'evidence' he prevents is a bit weird.

All over the transcript