+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Consultation meeting to take place

Re: Consultation meeting to take place

Possible suggestion- Renewal is coming up soon- why dont the club include an option to vote on the kit next season in it?

How long would that take to organise?

Also make the point someone in the not too distant future will get a lot of praise from Cardiff fans and the world of sport in general for returning us to blue- I have no doubt at all this will happen at some stage- so why doesn't Tan want to be the one to get this praise- plus money from the massively increased blue merchandise sales?

For those asking about who is going and usual suspects step forward and offer your input. I have been invited and I can invite others who I feel will make a valid contribution.

I hope TLG comes, I hope Alfie can come (I'm going to get in contact with him). I don't want yes men going, i want people who oppose the rebrand and can argue that point.

We need people who can make a point, not resort to petty squabbling and will not just accept a whitewash from the club but will qualify a better solution

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:32
    so let's have the meeting/consultation videoed and made available (after the event) on the various message boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcP wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:31
    Then there'll be no argument about who said what, or who agreed/disagreed/threatened/coerced with one another.
    Great idea, which suggests it has absolutely zero chance of happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:21
    Its quite simple really.
    Until I read this post I was going to put almost the very same point. No need to over-complicate it or dilute the message by adding AOB. Blue and Badge. Nothing else will ever get me back after going for over 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Ratzi wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:40
    Opening question from the floor should be
    If this ain't forthcoming, then all should walk out.

^^^ this

As a moderate, non-confrontational supporter I'd simply state the following:

Being a supporter who physically attends competitive games of any sort has always been about the common cause, camaraderie and friendships made following a single team. The sharing of heartache and joy has also always been a part of the deal provided there was always something to get hopeful about if you were doing badly.

However, the rebrand has removed too many of the common cause elements and fans are too busy infighting rather than working together to support their team. This feeling is conveyed from the stands to the team, resulting in the players being afraid to express themselves in case they fail and get a load of grief from the stands. The vicious circle then starts.

In my opinion, there is nothing the club can do, other than reinstate the bluebird as the dominant symbol and blue as the home colour shirt, which will start to repair the damage done to date. Even this act will take years to heal the rifts, but without it the club will be lucky to get gates into the 10,000's next season.

The club is caught in a perfect storm of older supporters having finally reached the Prem and fulfilled most of their lifelong ambitions, along with a recession, rising ticket prices and a product that virtually no-one identifies with on the pitch.

The major element of the solution to this problem is cheap, simple and easy to achieve - return our home colours to blue and reinstate the bluebird to prominence. It will ironically also probably achieve higher crowds due to the relief factor than any that we would have achieved otherwise.

I agree with many other posters above that any other approach is a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:45
    For those asking about who is going and usual suspects step forward and offer your input. I have been invited and I can invite others who I feel will make a valid contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:49
    One for your band of trusty men, Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:49
    I think you'd be a decent person to attend. Very eloquently put.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pop wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:38
    The item at the top of the agenda has to be a return to blue.
    Tan can stick his sh1tty kit and badge up his a$$. Does anyone actually believe VT is going to listen to the fan base he has already stated he doesn't give a flying one about the fans and of course proved it by effectively killing the club for his own ego.

However, I doubt you can find a single person actively in favour of the rebrand- thats the wider point really. While the club probably accepted there would be a few who would walk- I doubt they realised it would be as unsuccessful as it has been. Like I said- even the 3.5k who did bother to turn up v Colchester were wearing blue! The only divide amongst the support is the extent to which it bothers people and the preferred methods to oppose it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcP wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:47
    'Will we be seeing a return to our traditional blue colour and the return of the bluebird as our club badge?'
    Else he'll say one thing now and do another when the money's in the bank come August

You're right, it's a very emotive issue but also very easy to put across a clear and coherent argument for a return to blue and the bluebird badge. We don't want to make this a personal vendetta against Tan if he really is willing to compromise - quite happy for him to take the "praise" for a return to blue. Problem is I suspect the rebrand is not even on the clubs agenda for the meeting ( you can also ask them why they didn't even acknowledge my letter while you're there!)

Quote Originally Posted by bon jovi wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:49
    I hope TLG comes, I hope Alfie can come (I'm going to get in contact with him). I don't want yes men going, i want people who oppose the rebrand and can argue that point.
    If it's to show an example of how people have been turned away from Cardiff City since the rebrand then fair enough, but I certainly don't think he should be discussing the future of the club as he has stated himself he has no future with the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange_27 wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:53
    The item at the top of the agenda has to be a return to blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pop wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:38
    If the Club/Tan are willing to commit to reverting to blue for the new season then game on. Otherwise, meeting over as far as I am concerned.
    To be clear this IS worthwhile if they are going to listen but as stated above item 1 is change us back to the bluebirds and if that's not a yes they can fcuk right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:02
    Out of curiosity, anyone know when the kits/colours for next season have to be submitted to the FA?
    Strictly speaking , not until just before the start of next season. In practice , its about late May time to allow publication of the kits in the League handbook distributed to all the clubs.Even then , there is nothing to stop the club sending round details of change of kit to all the clubs individually after the print deadline provided it is still within the "close season" as defined in the Rules - i.e between the end of this season and the beginning of next.

Return to blue and a proper badge is the only agenda item worth having. They need to acknowledge that we will not be marketable in Asia, and the club should start to do what it's only customers want. It's only customers live in South Wales. The club should start to take pride in representing Cardiff.

If there is no firm commitment to become a club for Cardiff again, the meeting should be over but the point should be made that Tan has not stuck to his end of the deal. The deal was, you get a red kit and I put in £100m, convert all debt to equity, and build you a nice new shiny training facility. We are in more debt than ever. When is it going to convert? We all know the answer, and it won't matter whether we are in red or blue because by now Tan will realise that he's throwing good money after bad, but I'd like to see them acknowledge that they have emphatically failed to keep to their side of the bargain on this.

All the other stuff - a revolving boardroom door; crap managers; lack of any strategic direction on the pitch; non-football people playing real-life Championship Manager; increasingly crap everything - is no different to what fans of most other clubs will complain about. I'm not even that bothered by the ludicrous campaign that Tan has waged against Malky. There is no point in littering the agenda with non-critical issues.

I'd like to see; Alfie, Jirga, TLG and TBG get invited off here. A right bunch of dick heads ( ) but they want the right thing and can put as good an argument across as anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 15:01
    Out of curiosity, anyone know when the kits/colours for next season have to be submitted to the FA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 14:02
    Strictly speaking , not until just before the start of next season. In practice , its about late May time to allow publication of the kits in the League handbook distributed to all the clubs.Even then , there is nothing to stop the club sending round details of change of kit to all the clubs individually after the print deadline provided it is still within the "close season" as defined in the Rules - i.e between the end of this season and the beginning of next.
    What is the worst that can happen if we do play in blue at home this season? Some sort of fine? Don't Celtic pay a fine every season for wearing numbers on their shorts or something? If the club finally see the light and agree to play in blue, then I see no reason why we should waste the rest of this season in red if it's just a matter of paying a few grand to the FA in fines for playing in our proper colour. It might even be revenue-positive for the club as they might get higher attendances for the rest of this season.

Feedback and Dr Tim Muff must not be allowed to add the long standing fungible debate to the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Flashman wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 15:10
    Feedback and Dr Tim Muff must not be allowed to add the long standing fungible debate to the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 15:13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 15:13
    The Doc cant go as they will be discussing footballing matters.

If I don't receive a personal invite from the club to this I'm just going to have to assume everyone sat around eating ice cream and comparing genitals.