+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Bale - Superb Gesture

Gareth Bale - Superb Gesture

Home in Cardiff Christmas Eve, went to Toys r Us bought a load of toys and took them to children's ward at Heath Hospital, before going home to his parents for Xmas.

Re: Gareth Bale - Superb Gesture

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 17:53
    Home in Cardiff Christmas Eve, went to Toys r Us bought a load of toys and took them to children's ward at Heath Hospital, before going home to his parents for Xmas.
    Nice touch, great family values

He's a genuinely nice kid who spent time chatting to my terminally ill dad when he had no other reason to do so except the most important reason of all - kindness.

On £300k a week he could've bought the whole store mind

Quote Originally Posted by skewblue wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:11
    He didn't need to do anything, but he did, a top gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 17:53

Pure legend.

Top man.

Big respect Gareth

A bloke I work with has his daughter in the Heath with CF , Gareth Bale spent 15 minutes with him and his daughter on Christmas Eve.
    Top Man Top gesture.

Never saw anything in the media either.. Which means he never done it for good PR

He turned up at a Charity Gig I was doing for Velindre. Nobody asked him, he just turned up and offered his services, signing autographs and posing for photos. Ok, his Dad lives just over the road but he still gave up his time. Top bloke.

Knowing various members of his family I would have expected nothing less. His Mum does a lot of work for charity, so the ethos is there in the family values.

In a sport where cheating and a lack of integrity almost seems the norm Bale appears to be a charming and modest young man. I'm not sure I would have been able to so easily engage with terminal patients when I was his age.

Great story. What a fantastic gesture and has been said,no hint of media coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty-Nine wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:20
    Quote Originally Posted by skewblue wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:11
    He didn't need to do anything, but he did, a top gesture.
    The lad is decent

It'll probably front page in the echo tomorrow now!

Fair play he's class. I googled gareth bale toys r us and there's a guy on twitter saying he saw him there, and an article saying he forgot the laws and parked in a disabled place outside there no one seems to know what he was actually up to.

It's refreshing because you see some of the work celebrities do and you wonder if it's partly for their image. Just throwing money at things. But then I suppose any charity is good so maybe I'm being a bit harsh!

When my daughter had a bad case of mumps 30 years ago, Gareth Bale lacked the decency to call round and find out how she was doing. We are still waiting for him to show any degree of concern. If we are ever introduced to him I shall give him a piece of my mind.

Respect. Top man.

Cristiano Ronaldo does similar things, which you wouldn't expect. But he does a hell of a lot of charity work and visiting hospitals etc

He went last year too I believe. For a young man with the world at his feet who could literally do whatever he wants I think it's outstanding he gives up his time to do such a wonderful thing. Top bloke

Well done Gareth bale

All of the above, Top Top Man.......True Welsh Legend!!!!

When I was a kid, on foreign holidays, the locals would hear our accents and say "ah, Bobby Charlton", for years since when asked where I'm from I get "Wales? Is that in England?". Last year I was in Cuba, a local (trying to sell taxi rides) asked me where I was from, I tell him expecting the usual puzzled look and I got "Ah, Gareth Bale".
    I'm so proud that the most famous Welshman in the world is such a decent young man, what a fantastic ambassador for his country.

All ours seem incredibly well brought up, maybe a bit simple and a bit injury prone. I'm so glad none of them are arrogant tossers.