+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BEFORE THE THURSDAY MEETING THOSE INVITED AND WHO THEY ARE REPRESENTING SHOULD BE PUBLISHED.

Re: BEFORE THE THURSDAY MEETING THOSE INVITED AND WHO THEY ARE REPRESENTING SHOULD BE PUBLISHED.

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:48
    TOBW is an obvious choice. He's level headed, articulate and perhaps representative of the majority of fans in his stance to the rebrand i.e. going from passive to resistant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:41
    That's his writing but Is he someone who stands up and gets heard in these style of meetings? Many meessageboard types aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:34
    Ultimately the club have to put this together at 72 hours notice so can only contact those they know in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:32
    I don't know him personally, Nigel. (He has reminded me on here that we were at school together but I don't remember many people from school at all, TOBW included.)
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:21
    With your poor spelling and awful grammar it's evident that you were a serial bunker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:17
    I was actually. For reasons that I won't go into, my last report stated that it was difficult to assign any marks to me as the teachers hadn't seen me all term.
    And, in your case, modest too

Re: BEFORE THE THURSDAY MEETING THOSE INVITED AND WHO THEY ARE REPRESENTING SHOULD BE PUBLISHED.

just in case not already posted........

gwyn's representing himself.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:54
    TOBW is an obvious choice. He's level headed, articulate and perhaps representative of the majority of fans in his stance to the rebrand i.e. going from passive to resistant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:48
    That's his writing but Is he someone who stands up and gets heard in these style of meetings? Many meessageboard types aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:41
    Ultimately the club have to put this together at 72 hours notice so can only contact those they know in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:34
    I don't know him personally, Nigel. (He has reminded me on here that we were at school together but I don't remember many people from school at all, TOBW included.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:32
    With your poor spelling and awful grammar it's evident that you were a serial bunker.
    I was actually. For reasons that I won't go into, my last report stated that it was difficult to assign any marks to me as the teachers hadn't seen me all term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:17
    Me too, which makes it even more odd that we are two of the most articulate posters on here.
    Hahahahahaha see your spelling is dreadful, you spelt 'well endowed' wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:59
    IMO there should be a balanced crowd not the usual suspects. Kieth Morgan and Paul Evans certainly get my vote along with the likes of BTB, Mike Gale, From this board i would like to see any from the following: Under the splott light, Lawnmower, Dr Lecter, Ian Gibson Sludge Factory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:54
    Spedger
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:57
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:54
    Me too, which makes it even more odd that we are two of the most articulate posters on here.
    Well I have heard that your John Thomas almost reaches the ground - but having met you once it's obviously not that far

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:59
    Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:57
    And, in your case, modest too
    ... I was wearing platforms that day too.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:15
    This, at the very least, is a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea (c) TM wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:18
    Errrrm. I wonder who that will be?

The worry for me is that people get emotional - no matter how emotive the subject is. It's a meeting called for what could be a number of reasons but It HAS been called and no matter how negative people feel they have to be sensible about it. It might be that Tan is counting on this, that the meeting degenerates into a shouting match.

Respect is the key. It doesn't have to be genuine but there has to be an outward display of respect for Tan. He has played games with Cardiff City and the only way to even hope for a resolution is to play the game too.

" We respect Mr Tan and that he came to help this club. We respect that he has invested his money into the club and thank him. We want nothing more than to bring our relationship back to where it was before the club was rebranded. Please Mr Tan we realise it was only ever your intention to do your best for our club but with the rebrand unfortunately it was just too much. We respect your culture and customs in Malaysia but the colour blue and our badge is as important to us as your country and religion is to you. Even if it cannot be done overnight can you consider a staged change back to where we were? We will give our support to you and this club in the process"

That, is playing the game.......getting drawn into any slanging matches is not, it is playing into Tans hand.

This might just be a chink of light (sorry boss, no pun intended) so please let's not have the usual suspects piss on it.

I think as long as Carl chairs the meeting, with his business acumen and history of football issues at his own club Leeds, it should go well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:28
    ...there has to be an outward display of respect for Tan. He has played games with Cardiff City...
    Was he more effective than Macheda..?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea (c) TM wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:44
    The trust represent me, as they should the vast majority of fans. If the fans had backed the trust from the beginning in large numbers we would have had a greater say into Tans antics. As it was the trust was slated from day 1 by others who couldn't be bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavross CCFC wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:32
    Quote Originally Posted by Pug wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:28
    Renewed my membership again although I wont be renewing my season ticket. £12 is easily affordable for most fans, the more that join, the more of a collective voice us as fans have.
    I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:22
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea (c) TM wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:18
    I had an invite but, whilst nothing would give me more pleasure than offering my feedback and suggestions on the club ills, I will be working away in North Wales so cannot attend sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:38
    ...there has to be an outward display of respect for Tan. He has played games with Cardiff City...
    Was he more effective than Macheda..?
    He would be faster than Macheda that's for sure

My dogs shit is more effective than macheda

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:58
    IMO there should be a balanced crowd not the usual suspects. Kieth Morgan and Paul Evans certainly get my vote along with the likes of BTB, Mike Gale, From this board i would like to see any from the following: Under the splott light, Lawnmower, Dr Lecter, Ian Gibson Sludge Factory.
    Spedger
    I would like to see from this board lawnmower other Bob Wilson Mike Morris tlg grumpy den arfur Europe Alfie sherwood and Dr pop as I think they all have something different to contribute both as fans who don't go and those that do. Just my opinion
    What you doing using real names and confusing me

Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghBlue wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:02
    I had an invite but, whilst nothing would give me more pleasure than offering my feedback and suggestions on the club ills, I will be working away in North Wales so cannot attend sadly.
    I honestly don't know but I would dearly hope it might be TVB who is surely entitled to an invite? The bloke is CCFC through and through and might bring some reality to what I suspect will be an attempt at appeasing others who are far more ready to compromise on the colours, badge and motto....

42 is way too big for a productive meeting , about 10 is the upper limit.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:58
    The problem is, however unpopular Tan is, Sam still has many allies in the background especially some of those who claim to represent fans groups (allegedly), by having bigger numbers at least a broad range of people will be able to have their say, as long as they aren't intimidated into not speaking....

Well, are we going to get a list from the Club of who has been invited and who they are representing?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:58
    Can't help thinking you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 20:52
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 19:58
    Spedger
    I would like to see from this board lawnmower other Bob Wilson Mike Morris tlg grumpy den arfur Europe Alfie sherwood and Dr pop as I think they all have something different to contribute both as fans who don't go and those that do. Just my opinion
    Other Bob Wislon is Paul Evans and i do agree on the guys you have mentioned, all level-headed guys.
    The Trust have sent out an e-mail this morning saying that they believe their two priorities for the meeting should be "the rebrand/return to blue and conversion of debt to equity" - as long as that is the line they follow, there should be at least two parties present representing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 18:28
    The trust represent me, as they should the vast majority of fans. If the fans had backed the trust from the beginning in large numbers we would have had a greater say into Tans antics. As it was the trust was slated from day 1 by others who couldn't be bothered.
    Agree 100% with this.

This is a messageboard, how could we know who is the type to stand up and be heard in a meeting (if you can call this a meeting)? People might blow their own trumpet and say they can, but I'd choose someone who I know is thoughtful, erudite and fair over someone who is forceful.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 08:08
    I understand what you're saying but Nigel does have a fair point - some people can put things down in writing very well, however, get them to stand up in front of a crowd and they crumble and can't express themselves (not saying TOBW is such a person).

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 08:58
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 08:08
    If I could only nominate one person from here, it would be TOBW.
    That's true, but my point is that this is impossible to identify from a messageboard.

The worry for me is that people get emotional - no matter how emotive the subject is. It's a meeting called for what could be a number of reasons but It HAS been called and no matter how negative people feel they have to be sensible about it. It might be that Tan is counting on this, that the meeting degenerates into a shouting match.
    No, it has to be a full-on change back to what we were.. badge and all.