+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Development Team

Development Team

Lost 2 nil to Colchester tonight.Tommy Sullivan played well again must be near the 1st team squad.

Re: Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 22:14
    Lost 2 nil to Colchester tonight.Tommy Sullivan played well again must be near the 1st team squad.
    Given how sh!t the entire first team squad is, i'm not sure thats much of a compliment

Velikonja?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 22:21
    Any senior pro's play?
    Only Burgstaller.Not very impressive.The rest were average. The keeper Wilson made one or two good saves.Danny Johnson up front is a handful and could teach Macheda how to battle.

No TOBW report or was he boycotting?Good one to miss if so.Burgstaller wasn't great as Valley Boy said.A bit frustrating as he's one of the few players at the club who looks like he can play out wide,in the 'hole' or push on to support the striker if we play 5 in midfield.He looks fit too but,like Berget before him,his overall form isn't exactly demanding his inclusion in the match day squad.I'd still rather have him on the bench than 3 defenders but I won't hold my breath.

Disappointing performance all round.To be fair to Slade,he doesn't seem to have a problem giving youngsters a go so it was a chance missed for some of the DVP boys to push their claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 13:30
    No TOBW report or was he boycotting?Good one to miss if so.Burgstaller wasn't great as Valley Boy said.A bit frustrating as he's one of the few players at the club who looks like he can play out wide,in the 'hole' or push on to support the striker if we play 5 in midfield.He looks fit too but,like Berget before him,his overall form isn't exactly demanding his inclusion in the match day squad.I'd still rather have him on the bench than 3 defenders but I won't hold my breath.
    Not much to get excited about in last night's match - thought Theo Wharton played pretty well, the two central defenders weren't too bad and the keeper made a couple of good saves.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 13:38
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 13:30
    Disappointing performance all round.To be fair to Slade,he doesn't seem to have a problem giving youngsters a go so it was a chance missed for some of the DVP boys to push their claims.
    Off topic but I see Fred Onyedinma got his first senior goal at the weekend,for Wycombe on loan from Millwall.I remember you and Father Dougal being very impressed by him as a 16-year-old in a DVP game for Millwall a year or so ago.