+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it really a 'consultation' ??

Is it really a 'consultation' ??

The absurdity of the situation is apparent to everyone but Tan - a pointless ditching of nearly a century's tradition for no other reason than to demonstrate his control/authority over the club.

History is littered with meetings where harmony has prevailed where there seemed no possible compromise solution available, however I don't think this is one of those occasions.

My own thoughts are that management will report back to Tan who will use some form of words to suggest 'a distinct possibility' of a return to blue if the protests are cancelled, with a veiled threat of some sort if they don't'. He certainly will be looking to find a way of preventing the planned demonstrations. I think we all recognise that when face-to-face with 'adversaries', the mood is less confrontational and vocal than on places like this. I'm guessing Tan is hoping for 'good feeling' all round.

Of course there's always the possibility that Tan may use this meeting as a 'get out' and a way of saving face by climbing down on the whole blue issue. Maybe that's just wishful thinking..

Re: Is it really a 'consultation' ??

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:00
    The absurdity of the situation is apparent to everyone but Tan - a pointless ditching of nearly a century's tradition for no other reason than to demonstrate his control/authority over the club.
    You never know, your last paragraph may turn out to be correct, but, like you, I think there will more likely be the promise of possible progress if we all behave ourselves.

To me the whole thing is a bit strange. If the club want to listen to the fans they dont need a meeting. Just return us back to blue. The very best that we can hope for this meeting is that we get a promise to play in blue whenever possible away (wow) and a new prize freeze.

I fully understand where you are coming from, as much as I'd like to think that Tan is holding out an olive branch, a bigger part of me deeply mistrusts his motives.

Perhaps the impending planned protests have pricked his conscience. Though I believe it's more to do with season ticket renewals. I'm looking forward to see a transcript of Thursday's meeting and hoping that it doesn't descend into a jostling for position from those who feel thier opinions are more worthy than others.

Having said that, this "consultation" could be what really is needed to heal the rift between club and supporters

"Of course there's always the possibility that Tan may use this meeting as a 'get out' and a way of saving face by climbing down on the whole blue issue. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.."

Already mentioned yesterday - there is no other real reason to do this other than plan a change. I think everyone needs to give the other side a chance to enact change and for a positive spin to be put on it from all sides.

Whilst at the same time showing Hammam and his little gang of bullies they arent famous any more (hopefully) - ps where is Gwyn nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:06
    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:00
    History is littered with meetings where harmony has prevailed where there seemed no possible compromise solution available, however I don't think this is one of those occasions.
    However, the fact a meeting is taking place is something to be taken as a positive. How can we not be cynically given their form? I just hope that protests are not postponed on the back of a promise of "things will get better, we will start to listen". No more words from the club, only action. The club can only prove it is listening if it acts on the concerns raised by its customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:06
    To me the whole thing is a bit strange. If the club want to listen to the fans they dont need a meeting. Just return us back to blue. The very best that we can hope for this meeting is that we get a promise to play in blue whenever possible away (wow) and a new prize freeze.
    But, with respect, do you not think that there are people out there that are happy with the rebrand? The club is right to gauge the opinion from fans across all viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:15
    "Of course there's always the possibility that Tan may use this meeting as a 'get out' and a way of saving face by climbing down on the whole blue issue. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.."
    There is another possible reason - the club want fans to renew. Offering some incentives will sway many fans - winning games will sway others and so on. The team is incapable on the pitch, so this may be the only course of action open to the club to get bums on seats and prevent a major loss in revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:17
    But, with respect, do you not think that there are people out there that are happy with the rebrand? The club is right to gauge the opinion from fans across all viewpoints.
    I would be really surprised if there is anyone who actually supports the rebrand, especially now we are still in so much debt. However taking your point on board if the fans weren't concerned about losing 100 years of history in blue I would assume they will be just as happy to lose 3 years history in red.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:31
    I would be really surprised if there is anyone who actually supports the rebrand, especially now we are still in so much debt. However taking your point on board if the fans weren't concerned about losing 100 years of history in blue I would assume they will be just as happy to lose 3 years history in red.
    ragbone

The statement added: "The purpose of the consultation meeting is to give supporters an opportunity to openly share their views on a number of topics in relation the Club.

"We care about our fans and their views are important to us."

OK, some of that wording grates a bit to say the least, but the above has now been stated - publicly.

Therefore, to a very clear degree, this is how they have to play it from here on.

They cannot hold a meeting described that way just to tell the fans to put up and shut up!

They cannot hold a meeting supposedly to 'listen to the fans' and then ignore / pooh-pooh all of it.

VT is actively looking to invest in other Football clubs.

He does not want disharmony, empty stadiums nor the appearance of going back on his word, nor having contempt for fans right now.

IMO - That is why he is responding to fan disquiet right now.

This may well be an ace in our hand at last.

He knows what we want. There is no compromise.

I hope the consultation opportunity doesn't get fecked up by 40+ ego's arguing with each other, or just going in there to get verbally abusive towards VT...

Of course, the shirt colour IS the issue, but that cannot be established unless people from across the spectrum are canvassed.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:36
    Crazyhorse
    P.S. I have my meeting invite and Mehmets asked me to bring my new Top Gear felt pen set I had for Christmas, so badge lovers, be afraid, be very afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.15 wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 13:52
    Quote Originally Posted by ken smith wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 12:36
    Crazyhorse
    Freitag
    He reigns, all right...

It could be more of a genocide

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 13:07
    I would be too, but then, maybe those people aren't the type that will post here every day (like me) moaning about it all.
    A simple question of are you in support of the club retaining its current red kit or do you wish it to return to its traditional blue kit will do. There could also be the third option of "don`t care either way".

How can it be a fans consultation when there will be people there who are not fans. We might as well invite Bryndon.

It's gone too far for Tan's vague promises of "I'll consider blue IF you stop demonstrating NOW. (And apologise to me)"

We should copy his tactics.
    We will promise to stop demonstrating IF, and only IF, Tan commits to returning to blue. With our proper badge.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:31
    It's gone too far for Tan's vague promises of "I'll consider blue IF you stop demonstrating NOW. (And apologise to me)"
    Yup.