+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: return to blue

Re: return to blue

PLEASE let this be true.
    But if there's no commitment to go blue, and just one of those IFs that Tan is so fond of, then at least another boycott is a must.

Amen to that.

He talks alot of shit, but I hope what he writes does come true.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf2013 wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:15
    Well. if that's true (I'll need a lot more convincing before I believe it), then I think it again shows how the people running our club do not know much about it and the people who support it - given the form we've been in and the awful football we've been playing, I reckon we would only have got 6,000 or so if we had been playing in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:22
    http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15 2640.
    Well. if that's true (I'll need a lot more convincing before I believe it), then I think it again shows how the people running our club do not know much about it and the people who support it - given the form we've been in and the awful football we've been playing, I reckon we would only have got 6,000 or so if we had been playing in blue.
    And add to the general atmosphere, and how that is not helping the players. Its a perfect storm at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:22
    What's happening On the pitch is of far greater importance to the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:25
    Its not just that game, they know how many are not bothering to turn up to the games each week. 8k on boxing day around 3-5k in the matches before that.
    I think you make some fair points there, but, if what ***** says is right, it would appear that it was the Colchester match that provoked the change of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:35
    Its not just that game, they know how many are not bothering to turn up to the games each week. 8k on boxing day around 3-5k in the matches before that.
    And add to the general atmosphere, and how that is not helping the players. Its a perfect storm at the moment.
    "IF" Bob, "IF". Going past records around 90% of the ITK he posts is extrapolated to the point of being utter bollocks.

Ssshhhh! Don't tell them that!

The worse thing about reading that is that he makes it seem like everyone goes in united and we will be told of a change back to blue within 48 hours like it's a matter of fact. I very much doubt that this is the case, and much prefer the way that the likes of MM go about it where they are willing to go to the meeting, see what happens and hope that the outcome is positive. Instead of getting peoples hopes up about what he's "heard" and that it looks like it's going to happen if they are all united.

For me it's all hot air until I read on this messageboard the outcome of the meeting.

I would imagine Fridays game was a real shot in the arm.

I mean its easy for individual (and i include myself in this) to miss games to boycott merchandise, but as individuals it is covered by others not following these actions.

Friday gave a taste of what could be coming, and its not pretty.

What makes it unbelievable is the talk of the fans actions being important and the way they behave at this meeting being vital. Its nonsense, the crowd and atmosphere shows there is discord and then to expect a meeting to go across without hassle is foolish.

Fans have the right to attend this meeting show their disapproval, set-out what they will do if this trend continues, and not be blamed if the management do not like what is being said.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:35
    I hope he does see sense and announces a return to blue. I will remain cautiously optimistic whilst not holding my breath! Thing is, no-one really knows what he is going to do next.

The meeting is to propose we will return to blue if we match this seasons season ticket sales- by end of March.

Aim is for 18,000 to renew at premiership prices to watch Slade's league 1 misfits while all the best players are sold and the parachute payments disappear. Well played Vincent. Well played.

(I just made the above up but it would make as much sense as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:42
    The prize in this game is the return to Blue and the badge reinstated, not the opportunity to have a rant. The rest of us won't forgive those going too easily if they mess it up as this stage through acting like little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:54
    qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:42] I would imagine Fridays game was a real shot in the arm.
    Fans turn on each other= victory for Tan. As I said in the other thread- divide and rule.....

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:54
    I mean its easy for individual (and i include myself in this) to miss games to boycott merchandise, but as individuals it is covered by others not following these actions.
    Now this meeting calls for calm, it doesn't call for rows or fighting. What it calls for is fans stating that they are unhappy going down this road and the empty stadiums that we saw Friday will become common if things do not change. That message should not be diluted.

I'm sure something like this came from *****'s site a few months back.

Let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:57
    I'd be more than happy to be part of a collective effort to make us successful in Blue with a billionaire who finally got it, wouldn't you?

I wish!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:05
    What makes it unbelievable is the talk of the fans actions being important and the way they behave at this meeting being vital. Its nonsense, the crowd and atmosphere shows there is discord and then to expect a meeting to go across without hassle is foolish.
    It will be great if all things fall into place, but having seen all this talk before, i'm skeptical. Same stories, same tactics, sames people.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=Father Dougal wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:57
    Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 16:54] I would imagine Fridays game was a real shot in the arm.
    I'd be really surprised if the club wanted this. What would they gain? It's clear that people are voting with their feet. The club need to know how to stop the stream of leavers becoming a flood

It's going to take a united front to reverse the rebrand mistake. Until it's reversed I think that's all we can say.

How dull do you have to be to call us out on Christmas day like he did though?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:09
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:05
    Fans have the right to attend this meeting show their disapproval, set-out what they will do if this trend continues, and not be blamed if the management do not like what is being said.
    The other thing that has now happened is that expectations have been hugely raised and if the Club don't come through with what the majority of the supporters want, a return to harmony in the club through reinstatement of Blue and Badge, then that is likely to be the last straw for many fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 17:15
    How dull do you have to be to call us out on Christmas day like he did though?
    I have to say that really pissed me off - and to do it on Xmas day was not clever.