+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There should be no "means of communication" which "we cannot read" - David Camer

Re: There should be no "means of communication" which "we cannot read" - David C

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 13:00
    If the security guys want it because they think it's vital to stopping someone from shooting me, I'm OK with it. If it is prompted by the Govt, I'm less keen. Although 90% of my internet communications are either posting smileys on this board, or emails to my wife about stuff like shopping. If they want to read that stuff, they are mad.
    Unfortunately they will use it to see if you have put your bin out, or if your daughter has done her homework. And pity you if you ever decide on a career in politics for the opposition, they will comb through every word you have ever spoken on-line in the hope of finding something to destroy you. Ditto any career or business you are in if you cross the wrong people. Don't believe me? Well, it's happening already, Snowden released a whole bunch of information on it.

Re: There should be no "means of communication" which "we cannot read" - David C

Quote Originally Posted by 1touchfootball wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 21:59
    Cameron promises "comprehensive piece of legislation" to allow access to online data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 12:56
    Sounds very scary to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 12:19
    Wotcha reckon?
    Out of interest what are the freedoms you've had taken away from you over the last 30 years that have caused you the most distress?

Personally, I'm more worried about bees .. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/06/28/terrorism-bees_n_ 1633308.html

And quite frankly who wants to give their children the gift of living in a police state? It's literally 5 minutes away, so be careful what you wish for. I think I'd prefer to give the Stasi lifestyle a miss thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 01:02
    I live a fairly simple life so a lot of this stuff doesn't directly effect me, but I often hear about people losing their freedoms, just curious as too which ones have bothered them most over a period close to my lifetime.

They probably read all our communication anyway, this just confirms it.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 01:19
    Personally, I'm more worried about bees .. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/06/28/terrorism-bees_n_ 1633308.html
    And quite frankly who wants to give their children the gift of living in a police state? It's literally 5 minutes away, so be careful what you wish for. I think I'd prefer to give the Stasi lifestyle a miss thank you
    Glenn Greenwald: Why privacy matters

This lot want more powers against their own citizens .. when does it ever stop? The answer is never once you have signed your rights away over imagined and manipulated fear.

http://mic.com/articles/108166/one-student-s-epic-tweets-cal l-out-the-biggest-hypocrites-marching-for-free-speech-in-par is

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 01:38
    That's all great, but doesn't really answer my question.
    Fair enough you don't want to answer, but the question wasn't aimed solely at you originally so open to others .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 05:54
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus Maximus wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 01:38
    I live a fairly simple life so a lot of this stuff doesn't directly effect me, but I often hear about people losing their freedoms, just curious as too which ones have bothered them most over a period close to my lifetime.
    They wont answer because they cant think of any freedom they've lost,they bleat on and on about loss of civil liberties but if you press them on it all you get is 'errr all them cameras an stuff'

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Flashman wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 23:23
    The government is also about to restrict powers of entry that existing bodies have to ensure they get a court warrant in order to exercise them. If govt bodies were so concerned with abusing their powers to pray on society why would they do this?i see the usual suspects have ignored this entirely. Doesn't fit their agenda that's why.
    The government is also about to restrict powers of entry that existing bodies have to ensure they get a court warrant in order to exercise them. If govt bodies were so concerned with abusing their powers to pray on society why would they do this?i see the usual suspects have ignored this entirely. Doesn't fit their agenda that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 16:46
    It's almost as if some people have got something to hide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Tue, 13 January 2015 16:30
    If it gets to the bottom of all your Internet usernames it can only be viewed as a good thing.

Yeah you think these geniuses that run the Intelligence agencies would have figured this out by now!

Load of paranoid nonsense on here!!!!

People who are not bothered by these things are just helping with their own enslavement, unless of course that is what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 12:25
    Instead of sending me links, just tell me your personal things you feel like you can no longer do/achieve. I could easily find a load of links myself, but I'm more curious as to what your average person feels like they have had taken away from them.

Look what happened to Malky.

seriously though, we live in a pretty free country with freedom of speech and freedom of movement, there's nothing to fear unless of course you're plotting mass murder or suchlike, there's a lot of 'victims' in this thread but not one who can put their finger on what persecution they have fallen foul of.

Lighten up mun like.

'enslavement'.I think you should look into history and see what that actually means .Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 12:34
    Essentially what you have is the introduction of a law that targets anyone whose views are considered unsavoury and unacceptable, people really need to think about the implications of that.

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 14:14
    Typical attitude, it doesn't directly effect me so why should I care? You are losing rights that you don't even know about and wont know about until they directly effect you, should we roll over and die just because it does not directly effect us at the time?
    So how has this affected your life now that you've been labelled a terrorist?

Quote Originally Posted by Gød Willing wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 14:18
    Typical attitude, it doesn't directly effect me so why should I care? You are losing rights that you don't even know about and wont know about until they directly effect you, should we roll over and die just because it does not directly effect us at the time?
    People who question the government are also being described as terrorists now, should they be in the same category as IS? clearly not but they will all be lumped together when it comes to new legislations, we are always told the good side to new legislations but they are always silent when it comes to explaining the down sides and how they can effect us really.
    Because I am being effectively being turned in to a zombie who is not allowed to say what I think or feel and if I do I have to live in fear of the repercussions, I am not extreme in any way and would never hurt anyone but that does not matter to them, do you think that mrs steve is a terrorist?

So if the government want to be able to read eveyone's communications....who reads theirs ??

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 14:35
    People who question the government are also being described as terrorists now, should they be in the same category as IS? clearly not but they will all be lumped together when it comes to new legislations, we are always told the good side to new legislations but they are always silent when it comes to explaining the down sides and how they can effect us really.
    But are you 'enslaved'!?

Just to add my halfpenny's worth here in the light of current affairs. How worried would you be if these laws were being enacted in a state run under Sharia Law? There is every possibility under a democracy that eventually the majority of people in this country could vote for a Muslim-led Govt.

Do you think your private thoughts being intercepted would be a problem then? The issue is that we look at the current situation and think 'Those people are reasonable' and therefore it is OK.

However, nothing stands still and once the mechanisms are in place to retain power through manipulating events or silencing the more vocal critics, then the temptation is there and will be used (is ALREADY being used in some places).

Personally, I'm more scared of the State abusing its powers in the future than I am of being killed by Muslims.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 14:35
    I'm worse than that. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Wed, 14 January 2015 16:01
    Just to add my halfpenny's worth here in the light of current affairs. How worried would you be if these laws were being enacted in a state run under Sharia Law? There is every possibility under a democracy that eventually the majority of people in this country could vote for a Muslim-led Govt.
    That's a different argument. I doubt I would have used a computer if they had been available in Nazi Germany either!!