+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: imagine if tan was actually backing the club

imagine if tan was actually backing the club

Signing 10 million pound players for fun over a year ago...now can'stump up for an international player awarded best player at an international tournament

Re: imagine if tan was actually backing the club

Yeah but most of those big money signings were rubbish. Time to look at the other end of the market now and get some players who want to play football and not just here to pick up loads of cash.

why dont we just go down the local steelworks and tell the lads to grab their boots then

Can we blame him?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathaze Blue wrote on Mon, 02 February 2015 22:20
    Signing 10 million pound players for fun over a year ago...now can'stump up for an international player awarded best player at an international tournament
    How much more money should he loan the club?

if we spent a fortune in this window we'd probably still not go up. Get the basics right and then get the cheque book out if youre looking like going up.

It was a load of bollox and fruitless whilst we were being held to ransom in a foreign outfit

Right now the structure off the field is in tatters and any big money spent is likely to be big money wasted.

Is this finacial restructuring a result of the change back to blue? Is this the blackmail in action? Or has Tan suddenly become responsible with his money. It was only a few months ago that he was forking out the money for Guerra and the likes. The fella is an oddball isn't he.

How exciting would it be to plunge the club further and further in to debt?

The evidence is -

Employing a budget manager
    Selling players
    Terminating contracts
    Buying cheaper players
    Stopping agreed loan repayments to Langston
    Returning us to blue
    Attractive deals on season tickets
    And he hasnt been to one of our games since last May.

Surely this leaves no doubt he's on his way and has been for some time.

I have no problem at all with this, an end to living beyond our means and a chance to start building a team for the future sounds good to me. Now It's just a case of if and when he can offload the club.

I don't trust Tan but I think it's about time we started behaving like normal-ish Championship clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 07:49
    The evidence is -
    I agree with all you say about Tan looking to get rid but then spending £750,000 on a player yesterday contradicts this, doesn't it? Surely it would be freebies only need apply?

Whatever Tan did some would look to find the negatives.This is very easy to do with anything in life but to look for positives not so easy.In truth can anyone blame him for all the abuse he has taken.Most of us would be well gone. As will so most of the moaners if we go down.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 09:10
    In truth can anyone blame him for all the abuse he has taken.
    I blame him for all of the abuse he's taken (which in truth has been very little). He's deserved every bit of it.

Whatever Tan did some would look to find the negatives.This is very easy to do with anything in life but to look for positives not so easy.In truth can anyone blame him for all the abuse he has taken.Most of us would be well gone. As will so most of the moaners if we go down.
    Apart from having deep pockets what has he done to deserve any praise? It's likely that we'll be spending the next 2-5 years sorting out the problems he created.

He is backing our club.

Into a bottomless pit!!

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 10:04
    Apart from having deep pockets what has he done to deserve any praise? It's likely that we'll be spending the next 2-5 years sorting out the problems he created.
    He saved the club from going into administration for a start. Gave a million pound to local charity. Made it possible for us to go into the premier league.In return he has had to put up with really vile abuse.Deep pockets as you put it make success just take a look at Chelsea and Man City.Yes he has made mistakes but to pounce on everything he does or twist facts to suite your own point of view is no more than bullying.If he does leave anybody of substance would look at the ungrateful way Tan has been treated by the whingers and say thats not for me and look elsewhere to invest. In effect you can say you contributed to the demise of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 12:25
    He saved the club from going into administration for a start. Gave a million pound to local charity. Made it possible for us to go into the premier league.In return he has had to put up with really vile abuse.Deep pockets as you put it make success just take a look at Chelsea and Man City.Yes he has made mistakes but to pounce on everything he does or twist facts to suite your own point of view is no more than bullying.If he does leave anybody of substance would look at the ungrateful way Tan has been treated by the whingers and say thats not for me and look elsewhere to invest. In effect you can say you contributed to the demise of the club.
    Wasnt that the clubs money, loaned from Tan at 7% interest?

I would turn it on its head and I'd suggest that it's supporters who hold views like those you've outlined above that have led to the sorry soulless club that will take years to get back off its knees.

I don't want to get into another thread about what he has and hasn't done so will leave it there.

People like you are still contributing to the demise of our club, constantly fawning and arse licking someone who has put our club into unprecedented debt. I can imagine you borrowing from Wonga.com then thanking them three years down the line for dropping you deeper in the shit. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 18:24
    People like you are still contributing to the demise of our club, constantly fawning and arse licking someone who has put our club into unprecedented debt. I can imagine you borrowing from Wonga.com then thanking them three years down the line for dropping you deeper in the shit. Unbelievable.
    Tan has never asked for a penny unlike some before him. Would you prefer that money grabbing sort who sucked the life out of the club on false promises landing us up in the High Court. I am not afraid to say thats not for me give me Tan everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 19:31
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 18:24
    Tan has never asked for a penny unlike some before him. Would you prefer that money grabbing sort who sucked the life out of the club on false promises landing us up in the High Court. I am not afraid to say thats not for me give me Tan everytime.
    Do you genuinely believe that Tan has treated Cardiff City like some kind of philanthropic project? Or are you just on a wind up?