+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Adam Curtis: Bitter Lake

Adam Curtis: Bitter Lake

Just watched this - fascinating documentary with lots of interesting ideas - although it could easily lose an hour, lots of random footage thrown in that does not really add anything to the narrative.

Bizarrely, it is only available on the BBC i player, the beeb do not seem to want to screen on telly, but are happy to host it on line and on demand. Strange. Thoroughly recommend although I would not suggest taking all of it as gospel.

It looks at how international (mainly USA) policies towards Afghanistan have had unintended consequences.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/.../epi.../p02gyz6b/adam-curtis-bitter- lake

Re: Adam Curtis: Bitter Lake

Sorry - just spotted another thread on this - although it did not get many posts.

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 02 February 2015 23:48
    Sorry - just spotted another thread on this - although it did not get many posts.
    Was a very intereting watch overall though.

Can he boss the midfield?

That looks interesting . I will give it a go. thanks

It's very good but agree that a lot of the extra footage was not needed and even a little distracting. There's a bit where a soldier plays with a bird that's at least a minute long. Nice home vid but...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 13:06
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 02 February 2015 23:48
    Yeah it was my thread. And yes it still hurts
    Its not that there were any parts i disagreed with, just that he does not make much effort to back things up with evidence. I suspect most of it is pretty accurate but i dont take anything at face value, no matter which angle they are coming from.

Very keen to watch this. I like his stuff generally, even the long, seemingly pointless shots

Started watching this last night ,very interesting program. Some of the shots are a bit vague to the say the least but found it very enjoyable. Thanks for the heads up.