+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: craig noone

craig noone

so so so so so so so so poor its unreal. how he is getting 90 mins week in week out is beyond.
    harris has to start with kennedy

Re: craig noone

Noone has plenty of ability but does not possess a 'football brain'. His decision making is woeful. He is trying though, which can't be faulted, but he is almost trying too hard.

can't tackle no pace can't beat a man and can't cross.
    he simply offers nothing. there is no place for sentiment and a professional footballer on upwards of 20k per week should not be so on the basis of being a 'tryer'

Utter utter shite tonight it was unreal. How Slade didn't notice this and take him off around 60/70 mins. Has to be dropped, didn't offer anything at all in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by skewblue wrote on Tue, 17 February 2015 22:58
    so so so so so so so so poor its unreal. how he is getting 90 mins week in week out is beyond.
    Shock horror! I've been saying this since he signed, cant believe he's still here to be honest. Don't even get me started on Harris, no better than Noone I'm afraid both league 1 at best.

Has gone backwards at a fast rate since last season.

A one trick pony and the whole league is wise to it.
    No end product either this season
    For someone who is an experienced pro the amount of times he pansies out of 50/50s or is unable to get the badics of his game right makes me wonder what he does all week in training

I saw his performance tonight slightly differently. In the past few months he's been playing as if he felt he had to do it all on his own. Tonight he finally started passing the ball to other players and actually linked quite well with Malone on occasions. He also ALMOST got through on goal at least twice and was unlucky not to have done so I thought. Unfortunately what we all remember are those moments where he cocked up good attacking situations.

I think he'll come good if we continue to play as we did tonight as he'll then start to have the passing options to other players that he needs to make an impact on a game.

Hasn't been the same player since his injury last season
    and I think he's frustrated now.

Needs a rest.

Where is Pilkington btw ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Tue, 17 February 2015 23:46
    Hasn't been the same player since his injury last season
    2 weeks from fitness.

Noone is finding new depths unfortunately.

He is like a fan just been thrown on the pitch- head down and try to score from wherever you are by taking on the whole team single handedly first. It's what we would all do to be fair!

I thought he tried hard but lacked quality. Many attempted crosses but mostly pretty poor ones.
    Should have cleared the ball from Malone's goal-line block but missed it and Gestede scored, just about summed up Noone's night !

Craig POOne.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 17 February 2015 23:41
    I saw his performance tonight slightly differently. In the past few months he's been playing as if he felt he had to do it all on his own. Tonight he finally started passing the ball to other players and actually linked quite well with Malone on occasions. He also ALMOST got through on goal at least twice and was unlucky not to have done so I thought. Unfortunately what we all remember are those moments where he cocked up good attacking situations.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 00:40
    I think he'll come good if we continue to play as we did tonight as he'll then start to have the passing options to other players that he needs to make an impact on a game.
    Pulled out of a couple of 50/50 s tonight, didn't want to slide in, that's disappointing.

His attempted clearance for their goal was superb - I've watched it a few times and I'm still at a loss to understand what he was trying to do!

Quote Originally Posted by skewblue wrote on Tue, 17 February 2015 22:58
    Couldn't agree more - pretty much everything he 'did' was awful. I think it was he who completely missed his kick that gave Gestede the chance to score. He was - and has been all season - dreadful..

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 07:00
    Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Wed, 18 February 2015 00:40
    I agree with this.
    When you try to hard you are not relaxed on the ball and you can see this with the amount of balls that he doesn't control. Gave 100% but struggling. Needs a spell out and a run as an impact sub in my opinion where he could still be effective against tiring defenders.