+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Cardiff City distracted by 'behind the scenes' action"...................

"Cardiff City distracted by 'behind the scenes' action"...................

so says Mark Hudson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31542246

I think he's got a point, but is it less of a factor these days with Tan not coming to games?

Re: "Cardiff City distracted by 'behind the scenes' action"...................

Depends what he is referring to I guess.
    Careful wording there, and fair enough.

But an absolute confirmation that Tan and his cronies/appointments antics have been affecting our on-the-pitch performance.

When Hudson talks about us it still feels like he's our leader. It's bonkers to sell your captain without having lined up a replacement for him, it's like deliberately scoring an own goal...

Problem is that we (at least most of us) get only snippets of information about what's going on behind the scenes. So it is hard to get an accurate picture of it and therefore be able to gauge the impact of such 'happenings'.

But I have been part of some pretty rotten orgainsations (in social housing) that were really dysfunctional - and one or two of these did fail.

If the staff working for anyone have little belief in their superiors, to the extent that do not feel that they know what they are doing, the demotivation can be infectious.

I left an organisation once because their philosophy and attitudes (at all levels) was terrible and I just could not work with them - so I just left. Not very long after I left, I found that the organisation had ceased to exist - they had had their funding stopped following an inspection I think.

A football club also needs to have a philosophy and set of attitudes that staff (and players) feel they can share and that they feel can bring success.

This may not have existed for some time behind the scenes at CCFC.

A response from Russell Slade.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31552165

"There has been good, open dialogue (with the owner) from day one."

Malky said that. And Ole.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 10:40
    so says Mark Hudson
    On the subject of Mark Hudson, I rate this player as one of Cardiff City's 'greats'. The decision to sell him was borderline criminal..

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 12:37
    Wasn't Ole also quoted as saying we have different football philosphy after he left.

Funy old game. If we'd hired a manager no one wants earlier we'd have kept a player loads of fans liked.

Hudson was a good servant for us but he would do better to keep his opinions to himself.It now smacks of sour grapes to me. Its easy to say how great he was now he has gone. I recall a time when he was dreadful and to call him a city great is really pushing it.He was not good enough for the premier and capable at championship level.A good leader I admit but to keep your place you need more than that.His time had come and gone move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Bluebird wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 12:49
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 12:37
    Malky said that. And Ole.
    Ole's comment was interesting but is not really clear since none of us has any idea what Ole's philosophy was - I wish he'd said more.

Ole said too much.His name from playing got him the job. He gave us nothing apart from a big squad that were useless and poorly coached by him. Truth be known he saw himself he was not up to it and jumped before he was pushed. Say what you like he got Tans backing and was able to sign players he wanted. I wonder how many other managers in our league would have liked to have been able to do the same.Philosophy my backside, he had his chance and blew it leaving us high and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 13:55
    Ole said too much.His name from playing got him the job. He gave us nothing apart from a big squad that were useless and poorly coached by him. Truth be known he saw himself he was not up to it and jumped before he was pushed. Say what you like he got Tans backing and was able to sign players he wanted. I wonder how many other managers in our league would have liked to have been able to do the same.Philosophy my backside, he had his chance and blew it leaving us high and dry.
    At one point he was in a position to turn down premier league jobs so don't think it was just his name that was attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 14:22
    At one point he was in a position to turn down premier league jobs so don't think it was just his name that was attractive.
    Maybe it was his connection to Ferguson and Man Utd and the hope that he could use his contacts there to get players.To be fair I can understand that. Just goes to show the best players rarely become good managers, Take a look at the top teams in the Premier not that many good ex players there.

His name from playing got him the job.
    In fact, Mehmet Dalman got him the job.

A minor war of words between a former player and our current manager.

If we're taking sides, we should pick our current manager. Myself, I'm backing our former player.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 12:47
    so says Mark Hudson
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 10:40
    Funny how I remember this legend being vilified for years by Cardiff City supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 15:39
    A minor war of words between a former player and our current manager.
    Mark Hudson or "Coco the clown Slade

get the feeling our captain may have spoken out and got sold !

as TH63 said, it comes to something when we favour our ex player!

I think it's safe to assume that Hudson was always the diplomat whilst here.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 13:09
    Hudson was a good servant for us but he would do better to keep his opinions to himself.It now smacks of sour grapes to me. Its easy to say how great he was now he has gone. I recall a time when he was dreadful and to call him a city great is really pushing it.He was not good enough for the premier and capable at championship level.A good leader I admit but to keep your place you need more than that.His time had come and gone move on.
    It doesn't sound in the slightest like sour grapes to me. He was just speaking honestly and to be fair he was being very diplomatic. He's just hinting at what most of us suspect, that the club is/was behind the scenes, like a circus. It will all come out eventually and I'm sure there will be a few Tan defenders with egg on thier faces

Quote Originally Posted by HP Source wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 17:49
    It doesn't sound in the slightest like sour grapes to me. He was just speaking honestly and to be fair he was being very diplomatic. He's just hinting at what most of us suspect, that the club is/was behind the scenes, like a circus. It will all come out eventually and I'm sure there will be a few Tan defenders with egg on thier faces
    This is nothing to do with Tan Hudson was not up to the Premier League.It seems players who leave a club because they were surplus to what was wanted always have tales to tell without actually saying anything. I suppose thats human nature.I have to say its really funny how any sniff of a problem at the club is put down to Tan.Its getting boring now but there again keeps some people happy.

Let's see what Slade has to say after he's been shown the door.
    Assuming Tan hasn't inserted a gagging clause into his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by HP Source wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 17:49
    It doesn't sound in the slightest like sour grapes to me. He was just speaking honestly and to be fair he was being very diplomatic. He's just hinting at what most of us suspect, that the club is/was behind the scenes, like a circus. It will all come out eventually and I'm sure there will be a few Tan defenders with egg on thier faces Our valley boy wont have a word said against the emporer.
    It doesn't sound in the slightest like sour grapes to me. He was just speaking honestly and to be fair he was being very diplomatic. He's just hinting at what most of us suspect, that the club is/was behind the scenes, like a circus. It will all come out eventually and I'm sure there will be a few Tan defenders with egg on thier faces Our valley boy wont have a word said against the emporer.

Quote Originally Posted by [quote title=A Quiet Monkfish wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 12:47
    the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 10:40] so says Mark
    The guy was totally committed to the club on and of the field and a true leader which we have not been able to replace.