+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Cardiff City distracted by 'behind the scenes' action"...................

Re: "Cardiff City distracted by 'behind the scenes' action"...................

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 13:09
    Hudson was a good servant for us but he would do better to keep his opinions to himself.It now smacks of sour grapes to me. Its easy to say how great he was now he has gone. I recall a time when he was dreadful and to call him a city great is really pushing it.He was not good enough for the premier and capable at championship level.A good leader I admit but to keep your place you need more than that.His time had come and gone move on.
    Says he on an internet message board

Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 19:12
    Hudson was a good servant for us but he would do better to keep his opinions to himself.It now smacks of sour grapes to me. Its easy to say how great he was now he has gone. I recall a time when he was dreadful and to call him a city great is really pushing it.He was not good enough for the premier and capable at championship level.A good leader I admit but to keep your place you need more than that.His time had come and gone move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by HP Source wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 17:49
    It doesn't sound in the slightest like sour grapes to me. He was just speaking honestly and to be fair he was being very diplomatic. He's just hinting at what most of us suspect, that the club is/was behind the scenes, like a circus. It will all come out eventually and I'm sure there will be a few Tan defenders with egg on thier faces Our valley boy wont have a word said against the emporer.
    Its not that. I would be first to say when he does something worthy of moaning about. The colour issue being the big mistake. He shot himself well and truly in the foot there and to a lesser extent the same with the badge.I have seen lots of chairmen come and go since the Dewey family in the fifties to present time most of them failed to make any impression on the club,others almost put us out of business . Out of the lot Tan is the only one that has tried to push the club up.His intentions imo have been good if misunderstood by some.Life is about give and take but we appear to want it all our way. . If he walked out who could blame him.
    Its not that. I would be first to say when he does something worthy of moaning about. The colour issue being the big mistake. He shot himself well and truly in the foot there and to a lesser extent the same with the badge.I have seen lots of chairmen come and go since the Dewey family in the fifties to present time most of them failed to make any impression on the club,others almost put us out of business . Out of the lot Tan is the only one that has tried to push the club up.His intentions imo have been good if misunderstood by some.Life is about give and take but we appear to want it all our way. . If he walked out who could blame him.

Does Vincent Tan post on here as Colonel Cardiffi?

Anyone who doesnt take as read what Hudson is saying are either to trusting or just plain naive. Hudson is right and what he talking about has been going on since malky sided with his players against Tan and his long list of previous and current cronies way back at the end of the 2012-13 season.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 19:07
    It doesn't sound in the slightest like sour grapes to me. He was just speaking honestly and to be fair he was being very diplomatic. He's just hinting at what most of us suspect, that the club is/was behind the scenes, like a circus. It will all come out eventually and I'm sure there will be a few Tan defenders with egg on thier faces
    This is nothing to do with Tan Hudson was not up to the Premier League.It seems players who leave a club because they were surplus to what was wanted always have tales to tell without actually saying anything. I suppose thats human nature.I have to say its really funny how any sniff of a problem at the club is put down to Tan.Its getting boring now but there again keeps some people happy.
    But we weren't in the premier league when he departed. Arguably, a leader is exactly what you need most when you've just been relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 19:44
    Anyone who doesnt take as read what Hudson is saying are either to trusting or just plain naive. Hudson is right and what he talking about has been going on since malky sided with his players against Tan and his long list of previous and current cronies way back at the end of the 2012-13 season.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 19:32
    Quote Originally Posted by ninian200 wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 19:12
    It doesn't sound in the slightest like sour grapes to me. He was just speaking honestly and to be fair he was being very diplomatic. He's just hinting at what most of us suspect, that the club is/was behind the scenes, like a circus. It will all come out eventually and I'm sure there will be a few Tan defenders with egg on thier faces Our valley boy wont have a word said against the emporer.

Model Professional and top bloke. The likes of Caulker, Medel etc are not fit to lace his boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 20:42
    Model Professional and top bloke. The likes of Caulker, Medel etc are not fit to lace his boots.
    B 2 B.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 10:40
    so says Mark Hudson
    Hudson was sold yes too early , perhaps ? but I guess his wages were is a cheaper option and better long term option to develop into a Hudson or better, so very good business decision.

It doesn't sound in the slightest like sour grapes to me. He was just speaking honestly and to be fair he was being very diplomatic. He's just hinting at what most of us suspect, that the club is/was behind the scenes, like a circus. It will all come out eventually and I'm sure there will be a few Tan defenders with egg on thier faces
    This is nothing to do with Tan Hudson was not up to the Premier League.It seems players who leave a club because they were surplus to what was wanted always have tales to tell without actually saying anything. I suppose thats human nature.I have to say its really funny how any sniff of a problem at the club is put down to Tan.Its getting boring now but there again keeps some people happy.
    That may be so, but he could certainly do a job for us in the championship. Which is more than could be said of our current manager.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 00:10
    That may be so, but he could certainly do a job for us in the championship. Which is more than could be said of our current manager.
    wages v 31 year old , value ????

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone Red wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 23:52
    so says Mark Hudson
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Fri, 20 February 2015 10:40
    Given that a promotion worth £120 million to the Premier League was supposed to get us sorted out financially, I think a profit of just £12 million would be a very disappointing figure - no doubt, if correct, Malky Mackay will get the blame for it being so low rather than the people who are supposed to be in charge of the club's finances.

This thread is amazing.
    Think back to last summer and 90% of fans were saying we desperately needed strengthening at centre half and that Turner, Hudson and Connolly were not good enough to take is up.
    Now Hudson is the man the team should have been built on.

Why Ole had to go and bring TWO in and spend £8m God knows, but even then very few of our fans would have had Hudson starting over the others.

Hudson was messed around by Ole and has every right to be annoyed.
    It was not a way to treat a player like him - he was told he was wanted and as soon as Manga agreed to come he was binned.

Also he's right to say there are off field issues, colours, finances, sections of supporters who seem to enjoy exaggerating any problem the club has, disunity, issues between directors/ owner and previous managers etc...

All that really matters is getting a result today so I'm glad that Slade is dismissing it as Hudson, who is a player I backed from day 1, is history now.

It's funny how 18 months tops can become years and fans wanting to strengthen at CB can raise to as high as 90% now that other posters are being a little too favourable to the past player. Perhaps I'm just reflecting on my own thoughts at the time.

so says Mark Hudson
    Every winning business, brand, team etc etc - they all have an ethos. A winning ethos. Its not all about wages. Only a fool would believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 08:52
    so says Mark Hudson
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31542246
    I think he's got a point, but is it less of a factor these days with Tan not coming to games?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M

Is there hope yet for Slade to be idolised,as is the case with Hudson,when Dave Jones brought him to the club and shortly afterwards on all social medias by most contributors he was heavily criticised compared with a donkey and termed as a carthorse,He was also labelled as the captain who got Charlton relegated.

The biggest factor and justification for the clubs action ,in my opinion, would be his age and long term validity,few players improve at the highest level when they enter the early thirties age group.
    Hudson is ,by now thought of as a leader,but if not participating on the field of play that would be a non starter, perhaps he is more of a spokesman if there is any difference in the two positions,City could have taken a leaf out of a few other clubs and groom him as a future manager or indeed appointed him to replace Solkjaer,I believe he has found a close affinity with City the football club and Cardiff as a place and an area.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 21 February 2015 08:46
    It's funny how 18 months tops can become years and fans wanting to strengthen at CB can raise to as high as 90% now that other posters are being a little too favourable to the past player. Perhaps I'm just reflecting on my own thoughts at the time.
    Are you disputing that just before the season starts that at least 90% were saying that we needed to strengthen at centre half ?