+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Come on Straw you tosser. Do a Rifkind.

Come on Straw you tosser. Do a Rifkind.

Re: Come on Straw you tosser. Do a Rifkind.

Hasn't he already done a Rifkind?

He is standing down at the next election and requested his own suspension from the Parliamentary Labour Party whilst he is investigated by the standards watchdog.

No question he is a tosser, though.

Pair of tossers

but he didn`t do anything wrong, maybe a couple of "errors of judgement" , so both in the clear then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 16:36

There were 12 politicians approached in this sting according to news reports today. It would be interesting to know how the others responded. Maybe C4 are drip feeding us or maybe we have 10 good ones who turned down the approach.

Cant defend them but MPs pay as a whole is around 60k great we say but if you were in a job for say around 90k per year and you had the chance to become an MP and you won ,what happens then? you resign from your job and take the MP job for 30k less. You then get voted out in 4 to 5 years and go on the dole.

Even if you are not employed (unlikely..if you are to be nominated to stand) or lower payed than 60k then do you give up all links to previous employment? do you look for a second job?just in case you lose the vote?...I understand its hard to stomach that MPs have two jobs but the main one can be very short term.Although this is not really applicable to these veterans of politics.
    Don't really understand why you would try to become an MP unless you had a very safe seat.When you could probably get a good job in the private sector on a long contract and better pay given your qualifications and have a second job without public backlash.

I would guess they go into politics because as he said to the undercover reporter,you would be surprised how much free time one gets I spend a lot of time reading and walking,so I can't help but think 67000 grand a year isn't bad for doing **** all

Quote Originally Posted by boyo wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 18:07
    Cant defend them but MPs pay as a whole is around 60k great we say but if you were in a job for say around 90k per year and you had the chance to become an MP and you won ,what happens then? you resign from your job and take the MP job for 30k less. You then get voted out in 4 to 5 years and go on the dole.
    It's generally well known that politics is the get-out-of-jail card for the well-heeled who would be rubbish at anything else. They don't grow up dreaming of becoming politicians

Gorgeous George Galloway 300k... plu Jack Straw the ex communist party member tut tut

Jack Straw - ex communist party member as well - tut tut Comrade Straw.

Radio5 said today that Respect MP gorgeous George Galloway earned 300k on top of his job as a MP from various little sidelines he has - he must be working 24x7 to manage that - or perhaps not dong much in Parliament

Re: Gorgeous George Galloway 300k... plu Jack Straw the ex communist party member tut tut

We should increase MPs pay to ensure we get the best people.It does not make any sense that the CEO of a local council gets paid more than the Prime Minister.Before long we will be back to the days of only people from well off backgrounds will enter parliament as they will have family to prop them up.I wonder how much talent has been lost to us due to lack of reward.

He wanted £5,000 a day for his services.

That's the Labour party for you.

Re: Gorgeous George Galloway 300k... plu Jack Straw the ex communist party member tut tut

The company I work for has paid David Blunkett £120k in the last financial year for 144 hours of consultancy work.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 19:27
    Who are you voting for, James?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 19:28
    The company I work for has paid David Blunkett £120k in the last financial year for 144 hours of consultancy work.
    Given your profession I find that kinda scary

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Bluebird wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 19:28
    That's almost as much as Bear Grylls PR person!

He's a Dog that Straw.

What, better value than the Tories who charge £8,000 for half a day?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Spoilt Victorian Child wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 21:33
    "...And in the blue corner, James 'Right-Wing' Wales"

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 19:32
    Lib Dems probably..but I shall read what I can about the candidates in Cardiff North.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 22:09
    Bollocks Tory boy

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 22:09
    Piss off James. You have the stench of Toryism all about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Usual Suspect Spotter wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 17:08
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Tue, 24 February 2015 16:36
    When are you going to step down from being a pretend Labour supporter
    When are you going to stop hiding behind your new username Glamrock?

Remember Geoff Hoon (ex defence minister under Blair / Brown) and his 'Hoon Time'

There was more back handers revealed last night about Jack Straw - maybe he should go and work for a champagne company - it would fit in well with his lifestyle