+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: " news " from the mainstream source

Re: " news " from the mainstream source

Quote Originally Posted by clearly offside wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:12
    This has puzzled me for a while now, it came to a head yesterday in a discussion with " The sheep report " about Israel helping ISIS ( which reading the stories only pointed out that they were attacking Hezbollah imho ), then today the same person posts about a US police officer unloading 137 rounds into a car, the link was some " thefreethoughtproject " which upon further reading, just looks like a website thats very anti police
    Quote Originally Posted by omegaflames3 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 10:14
    We are being told that the mainstream news agencies " Fox / Sky / BBC etc etc " are feeding us stories the " new world order ( or whatever we call them now " want us to read and swallow
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 09:37
    To a degree this is no realy surprise, Goverments around the world have always used the " press " to put a angle on certain things they want to do, in war's its called propaganda ( i guess it still called it out of war time )
    I hope you check all the packaging for government installed camera before it goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:16
    edit to the above: Another giveaway that these sites are run by wackos is that often the conspiracy theorist will be trying to sell something. In the ridiculous video which i mentioned above, at the end the guy being interviewed advertises his website. If you follow that website then you are immediately met with an advert to buy his book. This one unsurprisingly titled 'Breaking the spell - The Holocaust Myth and Reality'.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryndon2 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:14
    Yesterday in one of my first posts about all this stuff I said that conspiracy theorists today will be of the same psychological and moral make up of holocaust deniers and there's your proof. Sick, sick people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:10
    Another conspiracy theorist
    Quote Originally Posted by bryndon2 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:02
    Can you not see what you just wrote qualifiesyou as a sick, sick person.
    It's "you are" and the example i posted was of a guy trying to sell something so again I dont know what your point is.

Quote Originally Posted by omegaflames3 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 10:14
    This has puzzled me for a while now, it came to a head yesterday in a discussion with " The sheep report " about Israel helping ISIS ( which reading the stories only pointed out that they were attacking Hezbollah imho ), then today the same person posts about a US police officer unloading 137 rounds into a car, the link was some " thefreethoughtproject " which upon further reading, just looks like a website thats very anti police
    We are being told that the mainstream news agencies " Fox / Sky / BBC etc etc " are feeding us stories the " new world order ( or whatever we call them now " want us to read and swallow
    Wow, what a sweeping generalisation, your a dick

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 11:57
    Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by bryndon2 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 11:46
    why should we accept " alternative news feeds " as fact ? ? ? afterall its just a internet site, we can all set-up a site and spout " news ", as i said above, thefreethoughtproject just looks like a anti-police site, should we accept the " facts " on that as its not on the mainstream news ? ? ?
    I don't think Bryndon is advocating anything of the sort. He's not arguing that these people should be prohibited from publishing whatever they want. He's just saying that much of what they print falls down at any degree of scrutiny.

I read about the trigger happy cops in the guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by bryndon2 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:09
    Quote:
    why should we accept " alternative news feeds " as fact ? ? ? afterall its just a internet site, we can all set-up a site and spout " news ", as i said above, thefreethoughtproject just looks like a anti-police site, should we accept the " facts " on that as its not on the mainstream news ? ? ?
    Hint: When those 'news' sites start referencing the Illuminati and link to videos with almost comical claims then you know the sites are compiled and followed by complete nutjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by bryndon2 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:18
    edit to the above: Another giveaway that these sites are run by wackos is that often the conspiracy theorist will be trying to sell something. In the ridiculous video which i mentioned above, at the end the guy being interviewed advertises his website. If you follow that website then you are immediately met with an advert to buy his book. This one unsurprisingly titled 'Breaking the spell - The Holocaust Myth and Reality'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:16
    Yesterday in one of my first posts about all this stuff I said that conspiracy theorists today will be of the same psychological and moral make up of holocaust deniers and there's your proof. Sick, sick people.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryndon2 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:14
    Another conspiracy theorist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:10
    Can you not see what you just wrote qualifiesyou as a sick, sick person.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryndon2 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:02
    Because i suggested these guys are often trying to sell something? Righto.
    You are comic gold.

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:19
    Quote:
    Hint: When those 'news' sites start referencing the Illuminati and link to videos with almost comical claims then you know the sites are compiled and followed by complete nutjobs.
    We don't have to agree with the thoughts of others. We're not required to read them. I don't object to thinking which, shall we say, falls outside of the mainstream norms. Like Christopher Hitchens, I do defend my right to be able to read those thoughts, and decide for myself.

I'm suggesting that we are lucky to live in a very free country with completely unrestricted access to the outside world both physically and electronically.
    There are still, of course, very many positive virtues to living within the UK but it can always been improved and I do have real concerns that rights that people have fought so hard for are gradually being eroded. Our political system, as well as Britain's role in the world, needs to be significantly re-evaluated in the coming years as the route we are going down is a worrying one.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:38
    I'm suggesting that we are lucky to live in a very free country with completely unrestricted access to the outside world both physically and electronically.
    I'm suggesting that we live in a society where the media actually works in a way so as to hold the goverment accountable.
    A very valid point. Which worryingly on here appears to be beyond the comprehension of more than just a few.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:00
    Quote:
    Hmmm have you heard the Frog Chorus? It's hardly Beatlesque

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 11:05
    i only named you due to the fact that we had a discussion yesterday AND you posted about the US cops this morning

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 12:33
    Quote:
    Yesterday, two forum members here posted videos stating that the Woolwich murder of Lee Rigby was absolutely and undeniably a government hoax. A sickening claim in itself, not to mention hurtful to friends and family of the young man. Within about a minute of the video claiming this hoax, the two guys in it (who as someone pointed out could loosely fall under the midde age loser category) raise suspicion that the defendants in the case had similar names and express how strange they find it that the attack happened at 2.20pm because one of the suspects was aged 22. You can actually sense the fear and paranoia they must feel. The video later goes on with ridiculous captions about how blood on the defendants hands disappears therefore it must have been graphically added by the broadcasters - this caption appears when the defendant turns his palms to the ground. It's just loaded with nonsense that any sane person could see through.
    I remember seeing a debate with Christopher Hitchens were he wouldn't even debate with a conspiracy theorist and had him thrown out. He was livid. Christopher Hitchens wouldn't give you the time of day I'm afraid.

Richyrich

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 16:18
    Here it is:
    Funny what a one sided view can see isn't it, if that truther guy was so wrong why didn't he take him apart instead of avoiding answering his question?

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 15:58
    Quote:
    Yesterday, two forum members here posted videos stating that the Woolwich murder of Lee Rigby was absolutely and undeniably a government hoax. A sickening claim in itself, not to mention hurtful to friends and family of the young man. Within about a minute of the video claiming this hoax, the two guys in it (who as someone pointed out could loosely fall under the midde age loser category) raise suspicion that the defendants in the case had similar names and express how strange they find it that the attack happened at 2.20pm because one of the suspects was aged 22. You can actually sense the fear and paranoia they must feel. The video later goes on with ridiculous captions about how blood on the defendants hands disappears therefore it must have been graphically added by the broadcasters - this caption appears when the defendant turns his palms to the ground. It's just loaded with nonsense that any sane person could see through.
    I mean, it really beggars belief that there are people out there that invest so much time in taking this stuff seriously. Common sense is enough to know that in todays day and age such a 'goverment hoax' would be completely impractical for a start. Any one person with proof of this 'hoax' could destroy it in seconds with a simple tweet. But that is not enough for people who are essentially mentally ill, whether diagnosed or undiagnosed. I just wish these people would either seek help here or move abroad to a country they trust more. But i suspect they believe the health services are all 'in on it' too.
    He wouldn't give anyone the time of day now, would he?

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 16:45
    Here it is:
    I assume because even debating him gives his views some form of validity but I'm not Chris Hitchens.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 16:49
    Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 15:58
    I mean, it really beggars belief that there are people out there that invest so much time in taking this stuff seriously. Common sense is enough to know that in todays day and age such a 'goverment hoax' would be completely impractical for a start. Any one person with proof of this 'hoax' could destroy it in seconds with a simple tweet. But that is not enough for people who are essentially mentally ill, whether diagnosed or undiagnosed. I just wish these people would either seek help here or move abroad to a country they trust more. But i suspect they believe the health services are all 'in on it' too.
    Essentially what you appear to be advocating, is a restriction or a curtailment on the very values that underpin a democracy?
    Sadly not.

Here it is:
    You need to look at what Hitchens said about the historian David Irving, to appreciate the point that I made.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 16:56
    Here it is:
    Chris Hitchens knew where he was going. Watch again I suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 16:58
    Here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNAaDKZ-SuE
    It was not a question. Just a series of confused ramblings. No one would have addressed that audience member, as he was part way through making a speech, as opposed to making a point.
    Makes not a scrap of difference. It was a pre-conceived confused opinion based on nothing at all. Hell, I wouldn't have answered the bum, never mind Hitchens.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:08
    Here it is:
    It was not a question. Just a series of confused ramblings. No one would have addressed that audience member, as he was part way through making a speech, as opposed to making a point.
    You need to look at what Hitchens said about the historian David Irving, to appreciate the point that I made.
    You like to think you're a freethinker but I believe you're anything but.

Yep. It's more like an obsession with anything that goes against the grain. Hard to take someone seriously when they've posted such ridiculous links.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:13
    Here it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by The sheep report wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:08
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by bryndon2 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2015 17:20
    Richyrich
    Making disparaging remarks, sweeping generalisations, personal slurs do nothing to advance your arguments. They merely serve to minimise them and call them into question.