+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israel kills more Palestinians in 2014 than in any other year since 1967

Re: Israel kills more Palestinians in 2014 than in any other year since 1967

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 17:21
    well Israel always seems to be attacked for defending itself and people are happy to criticise Israel for defending itself but don't seem to share the same condemnation when its not Israel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel's horn wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 16:47
    What is so special about Israel that warrants the higher than normal public/media condemnation?
    Great post

well Israel always seems to be attacked for defending itself and people are happy to criticise Israel for defending itself but don't seem to share the same condemnation when its not Israel.
    What is so special about Israel that warrants the higher than normal public/media condemnation?
    For all the fawning over this post no one has yet said why gazan children dying is more newsworthy than say Nigeria children, nor why gazan children are more deserving of our support?

Quote Originally Posted by omegaflames3 wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 16:32
    Palestine is the lefts favourite cause
    They jailed three people from Aberdare for that today, didn't they. Funny, I got the impression they were attacking the march, not on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel's horn wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 21:46
    It is your opinion that Israeli forces and settler paramilitaries killed and wounded and made destitute so many Palestinians in order to defend themselves. I disagree.
    That's because nobody has suggested anything of the sort

It is your opinion that Israeli forces and settler paramilitaries killed and wounded and made destitute so many Palestinians in order to defend themselves. I disagree.
    And the greatest sadness, neither side of any conflict truly cares about the children as long as they prolong their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:01
    In my view the Israeli state has been deliberately expanding its territory, strangling Gaza and undermining all attempts to achieve a peace based on a 2 state outcome - through diplomacy, lobbying, threats and violence. That violence has been disproportionately directed at civilians, including children. The Israeli right have a political objective - and killing large numbers of Palestinians helps them achieve their aims.
    Actions speak louder than words. We've even had one poster in this thread link to a Palestinian support demo tomorrow. There doesn't seem to be similar support for darfur or Nigeria. I'm only asking why that is. This is something those who are pro Palestinians cannot answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone Red wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:03
    In my view the Israeli state has been deliberately expanding its territory, strangling Gaza and undermining all attempts to achieve a peace based on a 2 state outcome - through diplomacy, lobbying, threats and violence. That violence has been disproportionately directed at civilians, including children. The Israeli right have a political objective - and killing large numbers of Palestinians helps them achieve their aims.
    It certainly appears that way. they are all horific situations and it's the innocents on all sides that suffer. That's why I can't see why Israel are being singled out in the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel's horn wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:04
    As far as I'm concerned this is not about Jews and Muslims, or Jews and Arabs. It is about opposition to a political and military plan - founded on Zionism and directed over the past 40+ years by the USA in their global strategic and financial interests. Maybe Netanyahu has overplayed his hand in the last month with his attacks on Obama - but Israel still appears to be the US satellite for which international law does not exist.
    there used to be another poster on here who did that relentlessly - do you know him?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:09
    As far as I'm concerned this is not about Jews and Muslims, or Jews and Arabs. It is about opposition to a political and military plan - founded on Zionism and directed over the past 40+ years by the USA in their global strategic and financial interests. Maybe Netanyahu has overplayed his hand in the last month with his attacks on Obama - but Israel still appears to be the US satellite for which international law does not exist.
    It is true that greater numbers of innocent civilians have been killed and injured in other parts of the world. Those are also tragedies and we should be more aware and willing to stand up and speak out. However, Israel is different - and not because of anti-semitism.
    I'm trying to understand why one group of children or people can have demonstrations set up in support of their cause whereas another group are completely ignored. I've asked why this is the case and as it sits uncomfortably with you you choose to ignore it.

Blog Entries

If you start some threads on darfur or Nigeria you will get my support also but you haven't.

Israel is backed by the West. Therefore, there is someone to demonstrate towards. If you wish to start a "Boko Haram are nasty buggers" demo, you are free to do so, but what would the purpose be?

Fair enough. Do you think the majority who support the Palestinian cause would be equally supportive and of so how come these demonstrations in support of darfur or Nigeria haven't taken place yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Machine wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:16
    It is true that greater numbers of innocent civilians have been killed and injured in other parts of the world. Those are also tragedies and we should be more aware and willing to stand up and speak out. However, Israel is different - and not because of anti-semitism.
    The Arabs have held joint operations against Israel in the past half century. Israel exists in international law and has the right to defend itself. If you remove American backing there would be a bloodbath.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel's horn wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:11
    Israel is a nation state, a key ally of the western powers, it is the source of one of the main causes of radicalisation in the Middle East and the west (the weeping sore of Palestine and the 2003 invasion of Iraq). It operates an apartheid system inside its own borders and treats Gaza and the West Bank as bantustans. It is connected to the UK and the USA in a way that other murderous regimes or movements aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanBloke wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 21:50
    Palestine is the lefts favourite cause
    Quote Originally Posted by omegaflames3 wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 16:32
    They protested hand in hand with Isis last year and stood by as Muslim extremists attacked people having a drink on mill lane.
    Were you there? Because I was. I saw what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:22
    Israel is a nation state, a key ally of the western powers, it is the source of one of the main causes of radicalisation in the Middle East and the west (the weeping sore of Palestine and the 2003 invasion of Iraq). It operates an apartheid system inside its own borders and treats Gaza and the West Bank as bantustans. It is connected to the UK and the USA in a way that other murderous regimes or movements aren't.
    And a trivial answer - but also true - there would be even more threads started on ISIS if they entered the Eurovision Song Contest, and more on Boko Haran if Wales were playing them this weekend in a European football competition!
    Fair enough. If that's genuinely the case then perhaps you can answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel's horn wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:21
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Machine wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:16
    We are partly responsible and can do something about it.

No one has said that Gazan children are worth more than Nigerian or Sudanese children - although the Israeli government doesn't seem to place much value at all on Palestinian children!

Why no messageboard link to a Nigeria or Darfur support demonstration tomorrow? Maybe because none have been organised, and maybe that is because the causes of the violence and oppression are different, and the road to justice takes a different route?

As far as I know the campaigns for justice in Sudan are asking supporters to write to the UN (Security Council) and put pressure on the US government to back away from its support for the Sudanese regime. If anyone wants to get involved, this is probably the best place to start (although I don't know much about the organisation):

http://savedarfur.org/

When it comes to Nigeria and the ethnic/political/religious violence - pre-election, Boko Haram's murder and kidnapping, government corruption, Big Oil and delta militias - it seems that there is less of an international profile for what is going on, apart from the role of the oil companies. Very bad things are happening but we have much less chance to influence them in the UK. The Nigerian election campaign is the immediate vehicle for change. Goodwill Jonathan doesn't have the same relationship to the UK and US governments that Bibi does.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel's horn wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:22
    And a trivial answer - but also true - there would be even more threads started on ISIS if they entered the Eurovision Song Contest, and more on Boko Haran if Wales were playing them this weekend in a European football competition!
    For all the fawning over this post no one has yet said why gazan children dying is more newsworthy than say Nigeria children, nor why gazan children are more deserving of our support?
    Yay! Crassy & Seedy are back!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel's horn wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:07
    Quote Originally Posted by ragbone Red wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 22:03
    Because people don't like them and it suits the states that sponsor those who attack Israel , they don't want peace for anyone ,just chaos.

Hows the job ?

All this killing is wrong, no matter how many are killed.

But to understand what's happening it's necessary to see it in context and identify the root cause, which is Israel's illegal occupation, its racist Zionist ideology which says that all that land must be for Jews only and anyone else must be thrown out, oppressed, mistreated, dispossessed and killed until they give up their land and go. The Zionists want the land and its resources for Jews only, and if anyone fights back they get called terrorists.

For the record, it isn't anti-semitic to criticize Israel and many Jews oppose what Israel is doing, even in Israel itself. Israel's football is tainted with racism and injustice, it isn't fair sport at all, and that's why we'll be marching to CCS on September 6th to oppose it.

http://jfjfp.com/

https://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/

http://zope.gush-shalom.org/index_en.html

http://www.btselem.org/

http://www.nkusa.org/AboutUs/Zionism/opposition.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield wrote on Mon, 30 March 2015 14:17
    All this killing is wrong, no matter how many are killed.
    I support the right of Jewish people to have a homeland but no fair minded person should turn a blind eye to the grim reality of what it's creation and expansion is causing.

Can I just confirm no one was killed at the football at the weekend in Israel.

I dont think anyone was even hurt.