+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The 'debate', a brave Farage, and zero hours.

Re: The 'debate', a brave Farage, and zero hours.

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 11:37
    It's disingenuous to think that a substantial increase in the labour force has absolutely no effect on wages. I detest UKIP but even a broken clock is correct occasionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 08:35
    The birth rates in the UK have an impact on the labour force, the number of people gainging specific qualifications has an impact on the labour force, the stock market has an impact on the labour force, technological advances have an impact on the labour force, the availability of natural resources has an impact on the labour force. There are a myriad of factors that can have an impact on the labour force - even the bleeding weather!
    You have also failed to respond from the head of the Royal Collage of nursing describing the employment of temp overseas workers in the Nhs as madness. A bit sinister for you?

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 13:13
    Changing the topic slightly think in the whole thread there are some good points and apart from the odd comment the discussion is quite respectful from either side of opposing views. Interesting that our politicians can't debate and have similar debates.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 09:39
    Penguin you are again talking out of your fascist arse.
    This has gone to a legal tribunal and has been defined by a legal court as a zero hours contract. So 70 Labour MPs and a major trade union have now been found out as using zero hour contracts. Shame on you. Shame on the union. And shame on Ed Miliband and Labour. Labour, the unions and Miliband, by making as big hoo-haa about this but doing it themselves by the truckload are behaving like The Yorkshire Ripper accusing Ian Brady of being a rapist. You're all disgusting and a bunch of foul hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne O'Rack wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 14:35
    Penguin you are again talking out of your fascist arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Fri, 03 April 2015 09:39
    The Labour MPs merely hired staff to help with events they were running. These are not Zero Hour contracts favoured by the company bosses who signed the letter written by the torys this week.
    It is quite refreshing that they feel in a position to push a policy that negatively affects a donor. Too often the position of a party on a particular issue appears to be dictated to them by donations rather than principle.

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 14:09
    It's disingenuous to think that a substantial increase in the labour force has absolutely no effect on wages. I detest UKIP but even a broken clock is correct occasionally.
    The birth rates in the UK have an impact on the labour force, the number of people gainging specific qualifications has an impact on the labour force, the stock market has an impact on the labour force, technological advances have an impact on the labour force, the availability of natural resources has an impact on the labour force. There are a myriad of factors that can have an impact on the labour force - even the bleeding weather!
    By far and away the most significnat factor on the labour force is the capitalist system and the desire to keep costs down and maximise profits. But hey, lets not talk about that, let's divert attention from that and focus on johnny forigner - that way we can let the real culprits get away scott free - and while we are at it, some of us can use it to cover up sinister prejudices we have.
    I agree, importing so many nurses is madness - but why are we doing it? Because people want to keep the cost of the public sector down and are not prepared to pay for nurses to be trained. So again, who is to blame, the migrant nurses or the capitalist system?

The new Thunderbirds is dreadful now on HTV. Reminds me of Milliband, Balls & that Cooper one

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 14:51
    By far and away the most significnat factor on the labour force is the capitalist system and the desire to keep costs down and maximise profits. But hey, lets not talk about that, let's divert attention from that and focus on johnny forigner - that way we can let the real culprits get away scott free - and while we are at it, some of us can use it to cover up sinister prejudices we have.
    I note you have failed to comment on the report which clearly states that the low paid worker suffers most from a flux of immigration.
    Why is a link that states " immigration adversely affects the lowest paid sector in society most" irrelevant?

Any of these immigrants got trade union rights Archie?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25914594

The face of immigration where the country wants to turn a blind eye.

I note you have failed to comment on the report which clearly states that the low paid worker suffers most from a flux of immigration.
    Only you could someone manage to point to austerity measures.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 19:07
    You have also failed to respond from the head of the Royal Collage of nursing describing the employment of temp overseas workers in the Nhs as madness. A bit sinister for you?
    We seem to have given up training nurses in this country, we seem to have given up training anyone to do anything, its cheaper to import, then we take the nations problems out on our youth and blame it on lazy young Brits because it suits a certain agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 19:20
    I note that you have failed to understand what i have said.
    really? Is that what youre saying?

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 17:39
    For the reasons I have already explained..twice

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 18:01
    I'm not clear what your point is. You seem to have confirmed that the biggest problem is unscrupulous employers. Or are you suģesting the victims were to blame?

I am afraid if you think spending on nursing has gone up you must be living in a void.

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 19:46
    Look at people slaving in warehouses, farms, the sex trade, cockle picking, the building industry, restaurants, care work etc and pretend Britain is some utopian dream where we all walk round with flowers in our hair.

I had been led to believe that Farage was a good debater in live situations, I thought he was very poor during this one i don't have any problems with him bringing this up but he and his party didn't look good i was surprised at the percentage of poll they got after this so just perhaps a lot of people privately agree with him!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 19:23
    There are many factors that impact upon the wages of workers, immigration is one of them, but is not the most significant factor, not by a long stretch.
    Lazy Brits eh?

From the telegraph two years ago, Nhs heading for disaster over lack of nurses,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/9560929/NHS-head ing-for-disaster-over-lack-of-nurses.html

Its not a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 20:15
    4) you dont actually have a clue what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 23:32
    Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 20:15
    I'm not clear what your point is. You seem to have confirmed that the biggest problem is unscrupulous employers. Or are you suģesting the victims were to blame?
    The Labour Party seem pro Europe where old left wing socialists Tony Benn, Michael Foot, Peter Shore, Bob Crow to name a few were not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sat, 04 April 2015 19:23
    There are many factors that impact upon the wages of workers, immigration is one of them, but is not the most significant factor, not by a long stretch.
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/04/nhs-recruits- one-in-four-nurses-from-abroad

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Sun, 05 April 2015 08:50
    Not on a wind up at all Archie, as for not knowing what I'm talking about, well if that's your opinion fair enough it is a public msg board where people are allowed to express their views.
    If you are not on a wind up, I don't get why you are not dealing with what I am saying and attributing to me positions i have not taken
    I've tried to underline these opinions with links and facts, most of which you seem to ignore. I repeat, the head of British Nursing describes the importation of temp foreign workers in our Nhs as "madness"
    I have not ignored anything in fact I made it very clear that I agreed with the head of the RCN (who is not the head of British nursing by the way, merely the head of one nursing organisation but I digress). But you have chosen to ignore the fact that I agree with her.
    I'm really not sure what your point is, which is why I was wondering if you have ever read anything I have posted. For clarity, I DO NOT support the Labour Party and I do not vote Labour. I am opposed to giant capitalist institutions like the EU but not because I hate foreigners, because I hate globalised capital.