+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venice

Re: Venice

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Wed, 24 June 2015 14:36
    Do not be tempted to take a Gondola or water taxi, they cost a fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi wrote on Wed, 24 June 2015 14:29
    If you want a ride on the water, you can take a public vaporetto across the Grand Canal cheap as chips. Buy a two day pass on the vaporetto (water buses) and head over to Burano, its fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Wed, 24 June 2015 14:19
    Trip Advisor is really good now for all prices of restaurants, was there last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi wrote on Wed, 24 June 2015 11:35
    Enjoy
    I thought it was 80 for 45 mins? Anyway, you have to take a gondola ride in Venice, it's the law. Yes it's touristy and yes it's extortionate, but it is quite nice really.

A 5 minute walk from St Marks will bring the price down significantly. There's even a McDonalds if your desperate!

Stayed in the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice - great hotel with its own free shuttle boat to take you over to st marks throughout the day and night.

If you want to spend a few quid and like eating out - go to the restaurants in the Hotel Daneli, what a place.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay wrote on Tue, 23 June 2015 21:42
    Staying in Venice for a couple of nights next week, before driving down to Croatia. I know Italy is expensive but is it naive of me to expect a meal with drink in a reasonable restaurant for under 50 euros pp ??
    stay away in the day, go late afternoon into evening