+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CHILDREN AT CALAIS

CHILDREN AT CALAIS

These children and families are the ones we should be helping,

not the young adult men who in gangs attack the police and throw stones at them, these are hooligans and criminals looking for a way to an easy life in the UK

We should round up all the families and bring them here and disband the groups of most of the young adult males

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3184275/The-children -illegally-crossing-borders-way-life-know-Calais-Mediterrane an-families-continue-risk-lives-young-new-life-Europe.html

Re: CHILDREN AT CALAIS

If they're just looking for an easy life why don't they just stay in France that has a comparable benefit system?

You really should stop reading the daily mail it's warping your mind.

So because it's the mail it's wrong, just because your politics dictate what you believe you think that everything written in the mail is bull.
    I see you are hell bent on letting in all these young adult males, and cannot think for yourself, use some common sense, the UK is much better than France in giving benefits, I am not saying that all those young men are economic migrants but 60% of them are, these are official UK figures saying that 40% of asylum applications are approved.
    I see you neglected to mention my main topic of this post, children and families!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Jr. wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 08:13
    If they're just looking for an easy life why don't they just stay in France that has a comparable benefit system?
    The French aren't stupid - they look after their own, whereas in this Country the govt - and the other 2 parties - hold their own people in contempt..

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 08:27
    So because it's the mail it's wrong, just because your politics dictate what you believe you think that everything written in the mail is bull.
    (with thanks to Steve R )

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 08:29
    I'm not sure you're right about the French benefits system- where are you getting your information?

Single adult men would receive more in benefits in France than the UK. Families would not as no provision is made for children.

If the young men keep getting in We're going to have major problems.

These are people who've fled war torn countries I don't see why people are so afraid of helping a small percentage of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Jr. wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 10:00
    They get will get f. all in France. You can only apply for welfare in France, in French. There are no government funded charities helping them, no forms in their own language, no taxpayer-paid translators, not taxpayer funded advertisements, and even if they get 'the dole', in France they go to the back of the queue for housing. Here they go to the front because they're 'homeless'.
    (with thanks to Steve R)

I haven't changed my colours at all. It's not feasible to take all of them but it is to take our fair share.

I don't see why I need to make up a policy on asylum seeker selection either.

Why are you so against letting any of them in?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 10:24
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Jr. wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 10:00
    They get will get f. all in France. You can only apply for welfare in France, in French. There are no government funded charities helping them, no forms in their own language, no taxpayer-paid translators, not taxpayer funded advertisements, and even if they get 'the dole', in France they go to the back of the queue for housing. Here they go to the front because they're 'homeless'.
    The French aren't stupid - they look after their own, whereas in this Country the govt - and the other 2 parties - hold their own people in contempt..
    We heard you the first time.

What I don't understand is, if conditions in their country are so bad, why do they leave their families there?
    That's what a lot have been saying in televised interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 08:32
    I see you are hell bent on letting in all these young adult males, and cannot think for yourself, use some common sense, the UK is much better than France in giving benefits, I am not saying that all those young men are economic migrants but 60% of them are, these are official UK figures saying that 40% of asylum applications are approved.
    If you tell racist and bigoted jokes don't get upset when someone calls you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Jr. wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 10:27
    I haven't changed my colours at all. It's not feasible to take all of them but it is to take our fair share.
    I will say it, some (note some), of these people are worse than animals and do not understand the letter of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 10:29
    What I don't understand is, if conditions in their country are so bad, why do they leave their families there?
    They also always say that their journey has been awful and cramped and I just think to myself, why didn't you fly business?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Jr. wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 10:30
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 08:32
    I see you neglected to mention my main topic of this post, children and families!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 10:38
    Any evidence of that?

Are you being serious here?

http://www.redcross.org.uk/What-we-do/Refugee-support/Refuge e-facts-and-figures

I wish people would stop believing everything they read in right wing media and from Dave down the pub. It's sad how ignorant people can be about asylum seekers and refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 10:41
    Last post on this, bye

So because they have a foreign sounding name they are an asylum seeker? I've read some ignorant stuff on the Internet lately but that truly takes the biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 10:46
    Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 10:41
    Muggings up

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Tue, 04 August 2015 09:27
    Also if a person is found working illegally in France their application for asylum is automatically rejected. Also the unions in France are much stronger than here so protect existing workers/members, they tend to frown upon people doing casual work on the black market. This country is a haven for cheap casual labour. Plus a lot of migrants want to come to Britain because they can speak English.