+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which pubs are you going to?

Which pubs are you going to?

I was wondering where everyone was drinking on Saturday? Many going to the famous three kings?

Re: Which pubs are you going to?

isn't that the 'we 3 kings of Orient are?'

might take a walkabout to Walkabout or have a swift one in the Springbok near White City

The Springbok on South Africa road near the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Thu, 13 August 2015 22:06
    Isn't that a home fan pub? Fancy a wander around the west end first before going to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by nathansfmachine wrote on Thu, 13 August 2015 22:12
    Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Thu, 13 August 2015 22:06
    Isn't that a home fan pub? Fancy a wander around the west end first before going to the ground.
    "I'll drink where I want, I'll drink where I waaannttt, I'm ian Gibson, I'll drink where I want".

Sit down and behave yourself sit down.....

Quote Originally Posted by nathansfmachine wrote on Thu, 13 August 2015 21:56
    I was wondering where everyone was drinking on Saturday? Many going to the famous three kings?
    Yes I am making the journey down and will be in the Famous Three Kings in West Kensington. Been there twice before its one of the best sports pubs in London, has great pub grub and always a favourite with the Welsh crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze wrote on Thu, 13 August 2015 22:27
    Yes I am making the journey down and will be in the Famous Three Kings in West Kensington. Been there twice before its one of the best sports pubs in London, has great pub grub and always a favourite with the Welsh crowd.
    'The Nashville Rooms, now the Famous Three Kings pub, hosted many rock and punk concerts in the 1970s and early 1980s. Joy Division, The Sex Pistols and The Police all played there regularly.'

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe wrote on Thu, 13 August 2015 22:40
    Not to mention it's rich, cultural history:
    Loved all three of those bands but never knew that!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze wrote on Thu, 13 August 2015 22:56
    'The Nashville Rooms, now the Famous Three Kings pub, hosted many rock and punk concerts in the 1970s and early 1980s. Joy Division, The Sex Pistols and The Police all played there regularly.'

The Police might well make a suprise appearance this Saturday afternoon.

Sounds like an interesting pub may pop in for one.

Quote Originally Posted by glunk wrote on Thu, 13 August 2015 22:01
    isn't that the 'we 3 kings of Orient are?'
    Was told by a Southampton supporter that the Walkabout is shut and Wetherspoons wasn't letting away supporters in last season, don't know if that has changed.

The Queens Head on Brooke Green , Hammersmith ( used by 1927 / London Bluebirds ) is closed for refurbishment at the moment btw.

Looking to get rat faced around Soho before the game. Booked train tickets early for the 3pm kick off that was announced initially so plenty of time to have a session beforehand.

The Walkabout is shut and shut would be one letter away from what I thought of it last time I went in there anyway.

Slim pickings around the area for away fans sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 14 August 2015 10:24
    Thanks for consulting with your drinking partner Jimmy! West Kensington is quite a trek from Loftus Road and I don't fancy being on the tube for too long when there are pints to be drunk. Quick one in O'Neills by Kings Cross/St Pancras then onto Shepherds Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by pembsbluebird wrote on Fri, 14 August 2015 13:53
    You loved The Police... FFS hang your head in shame admitting that in public.
    Shepherds bush it is then. This is my birthday treat day, so dont be afraid to put your West Walian mitt into your pocket. I should be in London around 1.30 - 2pm at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 14 August 2015 14:04

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 14 August 2015 14:04
    I'm into St Pancras at 1pm. Assume you're Paddington coming from the west? I'll make sure I've got long hands and short pockets to toast your 60th then I'll also be making the most of my last City away trip before Qatar for 6 months so just to warn you that the little things like being able to freely walk into a pub might get to me tomorrow

Where are all the city fans drinking? Just got to Famous 3 Kings.

On another note, Walkabout RIP.

The Shepherd's Rest, Taunton.
    Three of us.

Quote Originally Posted by pembsbluebird wrote on Sat, 15 August 2015 14:05
    Great day though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 16 August 2015 16:56
    It wasnt that Famous. Bit disappointing really.
    Bundesliga football on one of the big screens, Soccer Saturday on the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Cheers wrote on Sun, 16 August 2015 21:07
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 16 August 2015 16:56
    It wasnt that Famous. Bit disappointing really.
    Great day though.
    It was empty though.