Bernie Saunders wins 2nd presidential term

That would be the best team

Feedback

Re: 2020

meanwhile back on planet earth....

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 13:00
    Wait, your finally coming to Earth!? Good to see you are gettin away from your own world

We have massive inequality, millions of people dying in pointless wars, billionaires charged with bribery buying themselves out of prison...

Ah, 2020. The year of excellent vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 13:55
    Ah, 2020. The year of excellent vision.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 13:29
    We have massive inequality, millions of people dying in pointless wars, billionaires charged with bribery buying themselves out of prison...
    Yeah but apart from that...

Quote Originally Posted by saganspirit wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 14:11
    Yeah but apart from that...

Feedback

and corbyn is going to change all of that

I used to work for a large company. They held a meeting with all their staff to talk about their plans for the future and the workload expected. They introduced their meeting as their '20/20 vision'. We all sat there in silence while they laughed at how whimsical they were. By the end of the meeting, we were told loads of us were losing our jobs as they were going to export them to China.p

Look on the bright side adz, you'll be old enough to vote

I thought this thread was going to be about cricket.

You mean planet FEEDY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 15:04
    No one has been able to do anything about it have they - so why not try something different.

Feedback

What is Corbyn proposing that is different to what we have had before?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 18:33
    That might be a good start.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 18:36
    Well it looks like he'd probably cut out all this demonising of the poor whilst simultaneously ensuring the little money they did have goes instead to the richest in the country.
    I'd say most governments have always attempted to improve the lives of the poor - they just go about it differently. So what you have said about Corbyn has been tried by governments of all colours previously

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 18:41
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 18:36
    Well it looks like he'd probably cut out all this demonising of the poor whilst simultaneously ensuring the little money they did have goes instead to the richest in the country.
    That might be a good start.
    Well if you think the poor of this country have not been demonised in recent years then you and I have very different world views, which I'm more than prepared to accept in this case because trying to change your mind on any topic is like trying to throw rocks at the moon.

Feedback

Demonised insinuates a deliberate attempt to target and I disagree any government in the uk for the past 150 years has set out to do that.

You are talking about the law of unintended consequences which is something different

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 18:52
    Demonised insinuates a deliberate attempt to target and I disagree any government in the uk for the past 150 years has set out to do that.
    Was I? How careless of me.

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/swimaway2.gif[/IMG] Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 18:33] What is Corbyn proposing that is different to what we have had before?
    You seem to have given up on things changing for the better. - you have either lost hope or you don't really care - or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 15:04
    Back in the 80's there was an appetite for privatisation especially after all the strikes and strife in the 70's. I have always felt that in time the electorate might want a return to nationalisation in key areas.One being the railways.

Feedback

The unions got their man elected today and we should now see clear policy differences. One observation is that uk elections are generally won in the centre ground. If labour shift left they may offer a clear difference, but I doubt it's a difference that will resonate with enough of the electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 19:03
    The unions got their man elected today and we should now see clear policy differences. One observation is that uk elections are generally won in the centre ground. If labour shift left they may offer a clear difference, but I doubt it's a difference that will resonate with enough of the electorate.
    OK - we cannot know whether this is yet another false dawn - but let's not underestimate it - or be overly cynical about it.

Feedback

I think Corbyn won because the unions flooded labour's ranks with union members to get their man. I wouldn't necessarily say it's an indication of the population as a whole.

The unions have got their party back. Time will tell whether a movement that only represents one sixth of the workforce and doesn't represent the pensioners or student vote will have enough to get them over the line.