+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2020

Feedback

Re: 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Spoilt Victorian Child wrote on Sun, 13 September 2015 16:25
    You certainly said labour under milliband was based on union support but I'd argue that Corbyn will dance to the union tune more than milliband did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sun, 13 September 2015 16:18
    I pointed out that the unions nominated EM (rather than the more left wing option DA) just as they did with JC. The difference is that, going on the only facts we have, the unions had less impact in this election (and have less role in the party nowadays) so seems to me no reason to think he would but you're free to take whatever view you want obviously
    I may be mistaken but I think whereas milliband was the unions choice, now we have the unions choice who actually thinks the same way as the union barons.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sun, 13 September 2015 16:45
    meanwhile back on planet earth....
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 15:04
    We have massive inequality, millions of people dying in pointless wars, billionaires charged with bribery buying themselves out of prison...
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 13:29
    and corbyn is going to change all of that
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 13:00
    Nope, not possible, the system is unfit for purpose and needs replacing.
    What system is Corbyn proposing that hasn't been tried previously? For all the talk of progressive politics, corbyn's ideas seem straight out of the 1970s - that's hardly radical or progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sun, 13 September 2015 16:52
    meanwhile back on planet earth....
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sun, 13 September 2015 16:45
    We have massive inequality, millions of people dying in pointless wars, billionaires charged with bribery buying themselves out of prison...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 15:04
    and corbyn is going to change all of that
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 13:29
    Nope, not possible, the system is unfit for purpose and needs replacing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 13:00
    However, nice to have someone who actually wants to try and improve things in charge of a mainstream party for party for a change.
    Progressive politics are about the advancemnet and improvemnet of social conditions with people at the heart of things. Just because some people wanted to improve society in the 1970s, it does not mean that improving society is now suddenly old fashioned, out dated - or suddenly no longer progressive.

Feedback

but the left claim progressive politics is about progress and the preserve of the left. From where I sit the right also want to make society better, they just go about it a different way (I don't expect you to accept that as you're really quite bitter about right wing politics). It is also called progressive as it is meant to make progress to current methodologies. Harking back to policies that have already been shown to create the conditions that drive economic failure isn't progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 07:12
    but the left claim progressive politics is about progress and the preserve of the left. From where I sit the right also want to make society better, they just go about it a different way (I don't expect you to accept that as you're really quite bitter about right wing politics). It is also called progressive as it is meant to make progress to current methodologies. Harking back to policies that have already been shown to create the conditions that drive economic failure isn't progress.
    Which of Corbyn's policies do you think have proven to lead to economic failure?

Feedy coming with some absolute bobbins to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 11:28
    The hero of the right claimed there is no such thing as society. The right are only interested in greasing the wheels of capitalism and a Darwinian approach for everyone.
    Based on all of that there are question marks over how these things are paid for - as there are with proposals from any prospective govt - but at the moment the debate is not being heard because the background noise from an hysterical mainstream media won't allow serious analysis.

Another interesting thing is that the Tories have decided that their much repeated mantra and that of their media Patsy's will be: 'Labour are now a threat to national/economic/your security.'

It's a hell of a rocky position to take when one considers the Tory cuts to policing, defence and border security budgets, together with the slowest economic 'recovery' since the 1920s and an economy where job security is a thing of the past.

Let's hope the opposition parties waste no time in exposing this latest piece of Tory fraud for what it is.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 11:28
    The hero of the right claimed there is no such thing as society. The right are only interested in greasing the wheels of capitalism and a Darwinian approach for everyone.
    nationalisation, printing money for infrastructure, national education service.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 13:34
    Which of Corbyn's policies do you think have proven to lead to economic failure?
    brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:28
    Sorry, the question was which polices have been proven to lead to ecenomic failure, not which ones in your opinion you think might lead to it.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:31
    ramping up the public sector leads to overspending and reduces UK productivity and competitiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:33
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:31
    Sorry, the question was which polices have been proven to lead to ecenomic failure, not which ones in your opinion you think might lead to it.
    Dont worry about it though, if you dont want to provide any i cant be bothered to keep asking.

Feedback

are you really asking for evidence that inflation undermines an economy?

are you really asking for evidence that nationalisation leads to lack of productivity due to mass subsidies?

are you really asking that employing people in the public sector rather than the productive private sector reduces productivity?

honestly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:33
    But the govt can make this money back. Also if there is a net injection, there is more money into the economy and more growth, which would make the UK attractive to FDI.

Feedback

Adz

the demand in an economy is driven by the number of people in the economy and what their needs are. the UK has 63m people in the economy so has demand to house 63m people. now if 62.9m work in the public sector and only 0.1m work in construction, the Uk is going to struggle to house all 63m as 0.1m can't built enough houses for 63m. so you need to increase the number of workers in the productive part of the economy. taking workers from the productive part of the economy to the service part of the economy means whilst we have more services, we have fewer goods. Goods such as agriculture, housing, clothing. this is what provides ultimate economic value.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:48
    Adz
    Okay... the numbers are bare unrealistic. Also comsumption, despite it being important, is not all of aggregate demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:40
    What i was asking for was evidence that any of Corbyn's poilices are proven to damage the economy. As yet you have not, but as i said, i wont keep asking if you cant answer.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:50
    Adz
    the demand in an economy is driven by the number of people in the economy and what their needs are. the UK has 63m people in the economy so has demand to house 63m people. now if 62.9m work in the public sector and only 0.1m work in construction, the Uk is going to struggle to house all 63m as 0.1m can't built enough houses for 63m. so you need to increase the number of workers in the productive part of the economy. taking workers from the productive part of the economy to the service part of the economy means whilst we have more services, we have fewer goods. Goods such as agriculture, housing, clothing. this is what provides ultimate economic value.
    I was using an extreme to explain the point. if you take people from the productive part of the economy then the economy will suffer overall.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:51
    are you really asking for evidence that nationalisation leads to lack of productivity due to mass subsidies?
    now for you to suggest that the BoE QE program was to do with paying bankers bonuses is among the strangest things you have said. you are confusing two aspects of the UK government's response to the 2008 financial crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:57
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:51
    are you really asking that employing people in the public sector rather than the productive private sector reduces productivity?
    Can you confirm when Corbyn has suggested printing money on the scale of Zimbabwae?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:58
    honestly!!!
    you asked for evidence that printing money is inflationary and can damage an economy. I have given you and example.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:54
    Adz
    Okay... the numbers are bare unrealistic. Also comsumption, despite it being important, is not all of aggregate demand.
    Public sector is still productive but your example is waay to extreme like woah

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 22:00
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:58
    honestly!!!
    Printing money does not necessarily lead to inflation. What you seem to be saying is that QE to pay bankers bonuses is OK, but not to create growth.
    I asked for proof that Corbyn's polices are proven to damage the economy. I did not ask for a history lesson about something Corbyn is not proposing.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 22:03
    Adz
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 21:54
    Adz
    what does the public sector produce?