+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Corbyn's interview (or non interview) with Sky on Sunday

Corbyn's interview (or non interview) with Sky on Sunday

when he was asked about the lack of women in senior positions in the cabinet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w38gTVIvzxQ&app=desktop

Love the comments which generally lambast Sky for harassing poor Jeremy

I would just ask why didn't he answer the blasted question in the first place!!!

Shades of Paxman and Howard here.

Re: Corbyn's interview (or non interview) with Sky on Sunday

Well done Jeremy Corbyn showing again why he's a different horse to all the other politicians out there whilst showing up the "journalists" harassing him. He's playing his own game.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:09
    Well done Jeremy Corbyn showing again why he's a different horse to all the other politicians out there whilst showing up the "journalists" harassing him. He's playing his own game.
    Well done????? Rubbish!!

He's quite fit for an old man!

He's under no obligation to talk to people following him on the street, they continued to follow him and ask the same questions long after it had become clear he had no intention of talking to them.

I wouldn't mind betting he didn't want to give a Rupert Murdoch media outlet a story, although that didn't stop them uploading it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:22
    He's under no obligation to talk to people following him on the street, they continued to follow him and ask the same questions long after it had become clear he had no intention of talking to them.
    Or only answer if the Morning Star or Mirror ask him???

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:22
    I'm all for a free press, but this kind of badgering people on the street is completely unecessary. It's like a particularly crap episode of Rogue Traders.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:29
    I wouldn't mind betting he didn't want to give a Rupert Murdoch media outlet a story, although that didn't stop them uploading it anyway
    No, this does not mean he will ignore every straightforward question.

Anything he said would have been twisted against him. Instead - he chose not to give then any amunition.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:34
    Anything he said would have been twisted against him. Instead - he chose not to give then any amunition.
    Exactly. He's smart and has been in politics long enough to know the pitfalls. Playing a blinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:29
    Don't recall him getting much sympathy. Didn't deserve it,neither does Corbyn now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:43
    This.
    Surely you're able to see the difference in not answering a question on a TV show specifically set up for you to answer questions, and not answering a question fielded repeatedly by some obnoxious twerp on the street with a dictaphone as you walk to your car?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:36
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:34
    Exactly. He's smart and has been in politics long enough to know the pitfalls. Playing a blinder.
    Oh good grief!!!

Stop making a fool of yourself Elwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:48
    Stop making a fool of yourself Elwood.
    How am II making a fool of myself. Pray tell oh wise one.

This.
    Two very different scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:59
    This.
    I'm all for a free press, but this kind of badgering people on the street is completely unecessary. It's like a particularly crap episode of Rogue Traders.
    I'd have no sympathy either

Dennis Skinner interview

http://youtu.be/XHGDDMAP5qU

What's it they say, red and green should never be seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Tue, 15 September 2015 00:44
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Mon, 14 September 2015 23:59
    This.
    When Michael Howard refused to answer Paxmans question as to whether he had overruled the Head of the Prison service regarding the sacking of a prison governor he was quite justifiably asked the question 12 times and prevaricated each time (he eventually answered 7 years later when Paxman asked him again!!!)
    Yes, his failure to have a car directly outside the exit is a real grind and reflects badly on his abilities as the leader of the opposition. I can see why you started this thread now.

Elwood has had a right mare on this.
    I do notice the righties seem a little preoccupied with Corbyn. Thought they were celebrating or are they a tad worried ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Tue, 15 September 2015 02:06
    Elwood has taken a croesy like leathering here

Quote Originally Posted by Mick the Miller wrote on Tue, 15 September 2015 02:06
    Elwood, you claim to know the difference between voluntarily turning up in a studio to be asked questions by a journalist and being pursued by one who I presume had been given no permission to do so (I see the words "stalking" and "harassment" being used in the comments section of that video) and yet you still choose to make a comparison between the two - why?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 15 September 2015 03:41
    I do notice the righties seem a little preoccupied with Corbyn. Thought they were celebrating or are they a tad worried ?
    If I really need to.

I don't understand the right is worried comment or the assertion that Corbyn is ignoring Sky. The evidence suggests he is ignoring the media per se. So far Corbyn's has withdrawn at the last minute from 2 BBC TV interviews and one Radio 4 interview. He's also ducking out of Prime Minister's questions resolving to spread the task around with him doing only one appearance in 4 or 5. I wish Corbyn all the best as we need a decent opposition but the start has hardly been auspicious.

This.
    are you seriously comparing those two scenarios?