+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff half marathon

Cardiff half marathon

Ideal weather forecast and a record 23,000 entrants, anyone running and if so what time you hoping.Myself i'll be happy with a sub 1:45.

Re: Cardiff half marathon

Not sure I'd be described as a City fan anymore, more of a fair weather supporter these days but, yes, I ran it this morning.

As an event it just gets better and better. Slightly disappointed with my time today but enjoyed it nonetheless. The organisers did themselves, Cardiff and South Wales proud. Great effort by all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sun, 04 October 2015 15:30
    Not sure I'd be described as a City fan anymore, more of a fair weather supporter these days but, yes, I ran it this morning.
    The event did look good on the TV and it seemed to be a perfect morning for running

I clocked 1h30m the last time I ran it on the old course(difficult)I bet I could have beaten it on the new(easy) course. Since my bike accident I can't run any more which is a shame as today's TV coverage made me proud of my home city and I would have loved to enter. Great effort by everyone who entered and ran today

I ran 1.19.53. Finally broke 1.20 woop.

I did it and ran it in 1.54.40, not great compared to some of the athletes on here, but I'm well happy with it. Well done to everyone that did it and to reiterate what Alfie said, a great effort by the organisers and thanks to all the volunteers along the course and people who lined the streets to offer encouragement and sweets. You were awesome! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Sun, 04 October 2015 22:04
    I did it and ran it in 1.54.40, not great compared to some of the athletes on here, but I'm well happy with it. Well done to everyone that did it and to reiterate what Alfie said, a great effort by the organisers and thanks to all the volunteers along the course and people who lined the streets to offer encouragement and sweets. You were awesome! 👍
    Well done Mario. The support was incredible. When you're struggling they give you such a lift. Cracking day.

Quote Originally Posted by pagraham wrote on Sun, 04 October 2015 21:16
    I ran 1.19.53. Finally broke 1.20 woop.
    You should be drug tested after putting in a time like that

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sun, 04 October 2015 22:17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Sun, 04 October 2015 22:04
    Well done Mario. The support was incredible. When you're struggling they give you such a lift. Cracking day.
    Thanks Alfie and well done to you too. Yes, at the 10 mile point at Roath Park, I really felt like starting to walk, if it wasn't for the crowd and volunteers I probably would have, like you said, they were incredible.

I did it too. Compartment syndrome and no training or preparation and came in 3hrs 35 seconds. Was pleased to get around it and cross the line

Fantastic event, very well supported by the communities around the course and actually thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done everyone involved