+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We more than matched Bosnia tonight

We more than matched Bosnia tonight

Unfortunately, Hennessey was caught off his line for a cruel counter punch and then tired Welsh legs just crumbled at a simple set piece while there was nothing to lose.

However, for most of the game I thought we looked comfortable at the back, won the midfield battle, and created quite a few clear cut chances.

And let's not forget, this was the much fancied Bosnia.

Had we a fully fit Bale today I think we would have won. Ditto with the two Joe's in the middle.

However, the result matters little, we are through to a major finals so take a bow Coleman and the players. Fantastic to see super stars like Bale and Ramsey celebrating like they won the European Cup.

Tuesday is now going to be a fantastic occasion with the players relaxed and the fans in full voice to make what will probably be the best ever atmosphere ever created at the CCS.

The fans were superb tonight, celebrating before even Coleman realised we were through. And great to see Jack flags alongside clubs from the rest of Wales.

The good times have arrived!

Re: We more than matched Bosnia tonight

Two poor goals to concede and Neil Taylor should have scored in the first half.

Agree, we got mugged tonight. Gonna be very difficult to break down next summer, and if we can be a bit more clinical going forward who knows what we can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey wrote on Sat, 10 October 2015 22:32
    I don't have many hopes for us in France but just getting there is that matters for now. Let's put Wales on the footballing map and put rugby in the shade for five minutes.

I think you watched the game with rose tinted spectacles on. Bosnia took their chances, Wales didn't. Thus, we didn't match them

Banned

Bale should have been rested he was totally ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM wrote on Sat, 10 October 2015 22:38
    I think you watched the game with rose tinted spectacles on. Bosnia took their chances, Wales didn't. Thus, we didn't match them
    Bosnia looked clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam wrote on Sat, 10 October 2015 22:44
    Bosnia were gifted two goals. We were better then them and had we needed to win today we would have done.
    So clueless that they took their chances and scored two goals while Wales barely troubled their goal keeper

We created more chances but never looked like taking them.

Ramsey has lost his shooting boots for now and Bale wasn't fit.

Still well done lads , job well done throughout the tournament.

Tonight was always going to be hard.

PS thanks Cyprus !

In some respects, I thought that was the best we've played all campaign, but hey ho!

I need to learn as I was waxing lyrical about what a solid and decent team we've become seconds before their first goal. 3 weeks ago I was telling my son how well we'd (CCFC) started against Hull about a second before they drilled in their first!

All part and parcel of supporting Wales and CCFC and so much more enjoyable than cheering on one of the big boys and the arrogant sense of entitlement that goes with it!

Strange kind of irony in the way we qualified, now lets go on and win it with a last minute screamer against England

Still, it matters not since we are through to France!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Sat, 10 October 2015 22:55
    The Bosnian first goal was simply the result of a hopeful punt into the box, which the big lad met with a looping header over the totally stranded Hennessey.
    Still, it matters not since we are through to France!

We looked far more threatening going forward then them, even though they were the ones who needed to win the game.

Look it doesnt matter its gone we have qualified thats all that matters. Tuesday will be the mother of all celebrations.

Should have played Chester. Would have helped to have a second centre-half to defend those set pieces.

****ing hell what game were you lot watching , the old yugoslavia battered ya, you have only got through, cos israel lost. some of these clowns on here actually believe wales are in the top ten in the world. never mind reality will soon set in when you get to france.

Banned

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chris wrote on Sat, 10 October 2015 23:28
    ****ing hell what game were you lot watching , the old yugoslavia battered ya, you have only got through, cos israel lost. some of these clowns on here actually believe wales are in the top ten in the world. never mind reality will soon set in when you get to france.
    Mike, we really, really need a w*nker smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 10 October 2015 23:39
    Chris, nobody here truly believes Wales are among the top ten.
    oh they do vimana trust me , the mickey mouse fifa rankings are believed by many people. i know that for a fact wait till it gets down to the nitty gritty in france, and hope wales do themselves credit out there, and not come home with their tails between their legs.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Sat, 10 October 2015 22:37
    I totally blame Hennessey for the first goal. As for the second we were out on our feet.
    Not sure about that - much more down to dodgy defending in front of him in my book.

Chuffed that Wales have qualified - but yesterday we were ineffective in attack and defensively our luck (enjoyed against Belgium) simply ran out. Our progress in the tournament proper will depend on the fitness of our key players.

We "only" got through because of how we've performed over the entire course of the qualifying group.

Quote Originally Posted by blueslippers wrote on Sat, 10 October 2015 22:54
    In some respects, I thought that was the best we've played all campaign, but hey ho!
    Will you kindly keep your mouth shut in future when you go to football matches

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ninianboy1 wrote on Sat, 10 October 2015 22:37
    I totally blame Hennessey for the first goal. As for the second we were out on our feet.
    Our captain was the wrong side of the attacking player, his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow wrote on Sun, 11 October 2015 11:16