+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Brilliant' TV Box Sets

'Brilliant' TV Box Sets

After finishing the superb 'Breaking Bad' (IMO) I needed a new fix, so was recommended 'Sons Of Anarchy' which I was enjoying but its so repetetive, I'm on season 4 now but think I'm going to ditch it and find something else.

Anyone else given up on a series that others have said is unmissable?

Re: 'Brilliant' TV Box Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 15:00
    After finishing the superb 'Breaking Bad' (IMO) I needed a new fix, so was recommended 'Sons Of Anarchy' which I was enjoying but its so repetetive, I'm on season 4 now but think I'm going to ditch it and find something else.
    The Sopranos. Just didn't see the appeal. Stuck with it longer that I should have but simply lost interest anyway.

I also gave up on SOA. During the penultimate season I think. It just got too ridiculous.

I gave up on Dexter during the final season for the same reason.

I left the Sopranos on the penultimate episode...It's been about 2 years now so there's no chance of just jumping back in for those last 2.

I'm going to have to go back through it all (after about 17 other series I need to watch beforehand).

I did exactly the same with Boardwalk Empire...never watched the last episode

Prison Break became pretty tedious.

They're going to escape...oh its gone wrong. Every bloody time.

Still got 24 box set in its wrapper from last xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 15:25
    The first series was good, but after that it was boring.

The Wire.

I've tried it a few times but it just doesn't grab me at all. I did watch all of the sopranos because of the hype but it was a struggle tbh it's no BB or GOT that's for sure!

gave up after 1st episode of sopranos played with my phone more than watched it couldn't believe the hype about it. i still haven't watched the last 2 eps of BB only because i didn't want it to end but will have to watch it soon. anyone watch better call saul? was it any good?

Re: , ~Illiant' TV Box Sets

Breaking Bad, halway through series 2, I thought 'Meh'

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 16:29
    The Wire.
    I don't watch such things generally but I must say that I thought The Wire was the most extraordinary TV series. There were 'good' baddies, bad 'goodies' and both worlds had their own power struggles, jargon, complicated politics and ruthless individuals.

I loved Breaking bad, top series, then i got to series 4 of it, it really slowed and i havent watched series 5 yet, i then started to watch Walking dead ( very good in the first 2 series ) now 1/2 way through series 4 and its telling spin-off tales about people, which is a little " blah "

Dexter was great until about series 4 or so. I recently watched daredevil which started great but I've left it now with one episode remaining. It's just gone so shit I can't be arsed watching the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 15:44
    Ive just watched the first two series and must admit, I did enjoy it. Apparently they've just signed up for a fifth series. I read that Schofield died in series 4, so don't know how they're gonna work that out?

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 15:37
    Still got 24 box set in its wrapper from last xmas.
    President Logan is quite comical though.

Under The Dome. Watched the first two series, but gave up after the first episode of series 3. Then I realised its just sh1te!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 18:01
    Under The Dome. Watched the first two series, but gave up after the first episode of series 3. Then I realised its just sh1te!
    Yeah, we gave up on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 17:55
    Agreed, and when they finally managed to escape they decided to break back into Prison.
    The 4th series was really poor imho, the 3rd was watchable, the first 2 were great, we watched them back to back, sometimes watching 2 or 3 a night

Homeland was good for the first 2 series, the 3rd was ok then when they moved to Kabul and Pakistan for the 4th series, it became hard viewing and i lost interest, though speaking to others, the 5th series is back on form again

Dexter - really enjoyed it, but it started getting ridiculous. I heard what happens in the last series and decided I didn't want to watch it go that way

Homeland - the whole series seemed to revolve around the relationship between the two main characters and when that relationship came to an end, it just seemed to kill off the series for me

24 - just endlessly capturing people, they get away, they get captured again. zzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 19:22
    Homeland was good for the first 2 series, the 3rd was ok then when they moved to Kabul and Pakistan for the 4th series, it became hard viewing and i lost interest, though speaking to others, the 5th series is back on form again
    I was enjoying Homeland and watched series 1 and 2 before forgetting about it. I'd like to try and catch up with it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 15:00
    Excellent in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 19:22
    Ive watched every series of Homeland. Imo series 1 and 2 were brilliant, series 3 was poor, but I'm probably saying poor in comparison to series 1 and 2. Series 4, I thought was good, but series 5 was better again. Hoping for a 6th series.

Boardwalk Empire. Loved the Sopranos, but couldn't get in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 17:55
    Agreed, and when they finally managed to escape they decided to break back into Prison.
    Btw, doesn't bother me but spoilers like that aren't cool