+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EUROs Fan Zone

EUROs Fan Zone

Is anybody considering this for the England game?

Can't decide whether it will be the next best thing to the real thing, or more of a case of not being able to get a drink, not being able to see properly and being on the end of constant shit banter from masses of England fans.

Any thoughts?

Re: EUROs Fan Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo wrote on Wed, 10 February 2016 10:22
    guaranteed trouble there IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 wrote on Wed, 10 February 2016 10:39
    Can't decide whether it will be the next best thing to the real thing, or more of a case of not being able to get a drink, not being able to see properly and being on the end of constant shit banter from masses of England fans.
    This thread seems to confirm my suspicions that most will be giving this a miss.

I went to Various fan zones at Euro 2004, TBF there were good laughs, no problems with the different English mobs, they put their differences to one side and supported their nation, hasn't always been the case, and whilst a few of the old knuckle draggers still enjoy tearing it up, the majority have moved on and just want a good time without the hastle, regarding Wales V England, I'd be thinking that Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and Wrexham would be more problematic than Wales V England, you only have to be in Cardiff on a Saturday night to see the thug mentality that still exists in Wales after a few pints. England exported the disease but have now regressed to shandy drinking southerners.

I was in Hamburg for the World Cup in 2006 and didn't see no trouble in the Fan Zones, apart from the odd German far right fanatics. Saying that, England weren't based there.

99% of them seem good these days and you might get the odd one here & there being an idiot. Plus a number of them will have the passports taken away pre-tournament

Heard the one in Bordeaux holds about 50,000 and as shows and concerts on, when games aren't being played we're there for 5 days before moving on to amiens.