+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EGG v Footie, arrests on Friday after the game, there were :---

Re: EGG v Footie, arrests on Friday after the game, there were :---

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 09:07
    I must admit I see the link between post RUBY International arrest and post club football arrests very tenuous.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 09:02
    The football games in Cardiff take place in an otherwise quiet area of the city, are attended by 10-25,000 people who leave the game and disperse in all directions to pubs quite widely spread over a reasonably large area for such a crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 08:59
    The rugby Games are attended by c 74,000 people who leave the ground and emerge into a very closely built-up area that is already occupied by a a vast number of other folks who, specially on a Friday night have mostly been drinking themselves whilst the supporters were watching the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 08:36
    It is reckoned that on a Fri/Saturday night the centre of Cardiff in the St Mary St area is the largest localised concentration of drunken people in one place anywhere in UK and that is any weekend. Add a further 74.000 to that and you may expect a bit of nonsense,
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 08:33
    I think it would be etremelly hard to differentiate between an incident escalating to arrest level was solely down to whether a man had been watching football or rugby.
    Hopefully this 'mare will make it through the other side to shangri la

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 09:10
    I must admit I see the link between post RUBY International arrest and post club football arrests very tenuous.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 09:07
    The football games in Cardiff take place in an otherwise quiet area of the city, are attended by 10-25,000 people who leave the game and disperse in all directions to pubs quite widely spread over a reasonably large area for such a crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 09:02
    The rugby Games are attended by c 74,000 people who leave the ground and emerge into a very closely built-up area that is already occupied by a a vast number of other folks who, specially on a Friday night have mostly been drinking themselves whilst the supporters were watching the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 08:59
    It is reckoned that on a Fri/Saturday night the centre of Cardiff in the St Mary St area is the largest localised concentration of drunken people in one place anywhere in UK and that is any weekend. Add a further 74.000 to that and you may expect a bit of nonsense,
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 08:36
    I think it would be etremelly hard to differentiate between an incident escalating to arrest level was solely down to whether a man had been watching football or rugby.
    Going for an International CURRY are you.
    Ah OK. Typo. Well spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 08:38
    I must admit I see the link between post Ruby International arrest and post club football arrests very tenuous.
    Remember august 2001? when man utd were playing in a final here, city fans and man utd fans and coppers having it in the middle of st mary street Saturday teatime. Cardiff and Birmingham, serious disorder in the city centre when brum played a final here. Bristol city fans wrecked, looted the pub and assaulted staff in the prince of wales when they played at the mill stad. Liverpool and man utd fighting in westgate street. Chelsea paying canton a visit and causing mayhem in the kings castle after their cup final at the mill stad. Trouble at the Millwall v Man utd cup final, Tottenham fighting with Cardiff the night before their cup final down here. Man utd attacking the locals in the Borough causing major grief, the list is endless. Its mad to think that the football passed off peacefully when we held all those finals in Cardiff. There was tons of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 09:13
    I must admit I see the link between post Ruby International arrest and post club football arrests very tenuous.
    But what have the Roman's ever done for us.

But what have the Roman's ever done for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 09:16

Nothing wrong with Teachers whiskey, 45% Malt blended, highest malt content of all blended whiskeys

Ban the sale of booze while the match is on.

Don't let the truth get in the way of one of Bluetits anti rugby rants. After all he's one of those city fans who always feels threatened by the oval ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghBlue wrote on Wed, 02 March 2016 07:00
    Long may that continue.

So, fifteen years ago then

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Wed, 02 March 2016 09:40
    He's referring to when the mill stad held the finals/play offs which was fifteen years ago,

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Mon, 29 February 2016 19:50
    67 locked up after the game.
    What is the source of this information? I hope it is accurate but both sets of figures sound too "good" to be true, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird wrote on Wed, 02 March 2016 16:04
    67 locked up after the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Mon, 29 February 2016 19:50
    High jinks, my arse.
    I don't deal in facts, only truths