+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Breakaway Super League? For or against?

Re: Breakaway Super League? For or against?

they meet every 3 years it seems

Fans complain of high prices now.
    If this goes ahead, it will be in empty stadia. (and that is the correct plural of "stadium", you fecking Yankee spellchecker)

Bit rich of Liverpool to be involved in this, considering they're shit...Would Leicester be in this super league?

For, get rid of those useless pricks at arsehole fc.

,Swans would have to be included of course.

You mean as useless pricks, oh ok then youre included.

Part of me would like to see them all go and play on the moon where they can beam back their games for all the plastics to watch and leave us in peace. However, I'm not sure how this would leave the situation in each respective country. Things might have a minor league air about them and there'll be the sour feeling of not only losing the best players to bigger teams but to an elite that's impossible to reach (rather than just highly improbable now).

It'll more likely happen when some of our big clubs miss out on the Champs league spots a few times and they start losing their official coconut water partners because their global brand is suffering.

No-oh mun- you're being silly. I meant Wales would need to be represented in this Super League so who else is there to put forward as representatives but our current Premier League side, Swansea City.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit wrote on Wed, 02 March 2016 23:30
    No-oh mun- you're being silly. I meant Wales would need to be represented in this Super League so who else is there to put forward as representatives but our current Premier League side, Swansea City.
    Why do you think that Wales would merit a team in any club Euro Super League?

Against as without the income filtering down so many clubs would likely go out of business.

If somehow clubs could survive however I wouldn't care too much, let them go and leave us to get on with the proper football without all the ridiculous transfer fees, wages and plastic fans. Their bubble would soon pop and it would be quite amusing to watch.

Some of them are denying it as fast as they can now they've been rumbled, but I bet if they think they can get away with it they'll do it. They're already trying to fix entry to the Champs League so that the clubs with 'the best TV appeal' will have guaranteed places. I'll go take a look at their fan sites to see what they are saying.

With you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Some of them are denying it as fast as they can now they've been rumbled, but I bet if they think they can get away with it they'll do it. They're already trying to fix entry to the Champs League so that the clubs with 'the best TV appeal' will have guaranteed places. I'll go take a look at their fan sites to see what they are saying.
    Save yourself some time and just ask Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Leeds will be involved then? :p

According to the Telegraph, Monaco, AC Milan, Zenit, Ajax, Schalke, Galatasaray, Liverpool and Benfica would be involved

Really? F*cking Monaco? Even we have higher attendances than Monaco

Chelsea and Man City want a break away league as they know its only a matter of time before they slip back into obscurity.

The other three are the same twats who started the premier league as a breakaway, greedy bastards.

I'm all for the five plastic teams and their customers fecking off to a European super league. This season has been the only one exciting, so far in the premier league's history. It's always been the same old, same old. I'm sure it will give other teams a chance of winning the top division and the FA & League Cups too.

Quote Originally Posted by *** G L O V E S *** View Post
    Save yourself some time and just ask Nugent.
    ffs mun

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm all for the five plastic teams and their customers fecking off to a European super league. This season has been the only one exciting, so far in the premier league's history. It's always been the same old, same old. I'm sure it will give other teams a chance of winning the top division and the FA & League Cups too.
    I agree with this. Will make it far more enjoyable if they fecked off.
    This Euro Super League will happen eventually, there's no smoke without fire, I remember the same sort of rumours in the few years before the EPL was formed.

I'm all for it they can go asap, just leave the rest of us alone. It will be very boring with no relegation for them and the league will become stale as a result. Just think if they did this 30 odd years ago Chelsea and Man City were in the 2nd division, shows how things change. When the premier league started the driving teams for that were Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs I am sure the teams not invited will be pleased with this...not.