+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: controversial views of a labour politician

controversial views of a labour politician

Just read this, does anyone agree with him? Should Welsh fans be forced to sing GSTQ before sporting events?

Re: controversial views of a labour politician

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Just read this, does anyone agree with him? Should Welsh fans be forced to sing GSTQ before sporting events?
    Story seems to have gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Story seems to have gone?
    Yeah, must have been taken down. A labour MP from England, (I think Cambridge, but not sure) said that those in Wales, Scotland and NI should sing GSTQ before sporting events (before their own anthems) as a show of dedication to the union. Should this be the rule?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Yeah, must have been taken down. A labour MP from England, (I think Cambridge, but not sure) said that those in Wales, Scotland and NI should sing GSTQ before sporting events (before their own anthems) as a show of dedication to the union. Should this be the rule?
    The story, as I understand it, is from an MP who has a bee in his bonnet about anthems. He wants England to have its own anthem and that every country in the UK sings God Save The Queer before their own.

Sounds a bit mad and will never happen. England probably should have their own anthem other than the dirge of GSTQ. I'm very much in the minority but I reckon the Welsh anthem is a dirge too. Most great anthems have a march or almost military feel to them. Ours is slow and far from easy to sing.

What a fricking dingbat.

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    What a fricking dingbat.
    He's a visionary, out of step though with his comrade in arms