+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1st game back...

1st game back...

in around a season and half...

emotional... like any addiction the calling never ends, so im going in full throttle

dont wanna jinx the old boys around me in 106 so ill be up in the vip, looking forward to it

Re: 1st game back...

Welcome back

cheers

You've come back at a good time. It's a bit like the old City of you ignore the red stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You've come back at a good time. It's a bit like the old City of you ignore the red stand.
    Nice one. Wave to me I'm down below in the grandstand.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    in around a season and half...

emotional... like any addiction the calling never ends, so im going in full throttle

dont wanna jinx the old boys around me in 106 so ill be up in the vip, looking forward to it
    Good stuff.

enjoyed it... loved being back in the ground, result aside i saw pretty much the same quality of football on display which led to me not renewing my season ticket, like the look of immers alot, some poise and finesse to his touch, very good indeed

hit hoof and hope stuff was pretty awful to watch, but hey ho its a clean sheet and 3 points id have taken that before the game all day

enjoyed level 4 nice cushion seat lol... think ill be back again soon for sure

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    enjoyed it... loved being back in the ground, result aside i saw pretty much the same quality of football on display which led to me not renewing my season ticket, like the look of immers alot, some poise and finesse to his touch, very good indeed

hit hoof and hope stuff was pretty awful to watch, but hey ho its a clean sheet and 3 points id have taken that before the game all day

enjoyed level 4 nice cushion seat lol... think ill be back again soon for sure
    Worst we've played for some time but Ipswich never allow you time to play. They outmuscled us but I was disappointed at some of the lack of composure shown by our players.

Good to get the win though and makes up for the lack of points from the Leeds game. That's now 9 from the last 12. If we can get something from Reading Away and then beat Derby at Home it'll really be game on...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    makes up for the lack of points from the Leeds game
    Hope I'm wrong but can't help but worry that come the end of the season it'll be nights like Leeds that cost us a play off spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Taiwo View Post
    Hope I'm wrong but can't help but worry that come the end of the season it'll be nights like Leeds that cost us a play off spot.
    I thought we were about 6 points shy of where we needed to be a few weeks ago. I still think we're 2 to 4 points shy of where we need to be. We need 2 points a game to get to 76 points and I'm not sure that'll be enough this year. I reckon 78 will be needed.

I'm enjoying the football for the first time in a long time, it might not be great football and we might miss out on the play offs but it it so much better than last season and early this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I'm enjoying the football for the first time in a long time, it might not be great football and we might miss out on the play offs but it it so much better than last season and early this season.
    Agreed. Wasn't brilliant today but feels like the City again.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Agreed. The matches are now entertaining again and that's what I want from a football match.

I'm also concerned that we're again in no position to cope with the Prem if we were to be promoted, so would be happy to spend another season refining our new approach to games.

Ipswich today showed that we'd simply be outmuscled or outplayed every game if we were to go up now. I don't think we had a single player on the pitch today who won their own personal battle.

Peltier won his battle.
    I thought he was superb today.

Or, if you take the "glass half full" view, it might be games like Middlesbro, Brighton and Ipswich which get us to the hallowed land?

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    Or, if you take the "glass half full" view, it might be games like Middlesbro, Brighton and Ipswich which get us to the hallowed land?
    As other posters have mentioned at least the football is becoming more bareable and missing out on promotion could be a blessing in disguise, might have came across as slightly pessimistic in my initial post