+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Timing of Pilkingtons runs

Timing of Pilkingtons runs

Reminiscent of Eddie Johnson IMO, will need to be worked on or he'll be back on the wing soon. Also Scott Malone is not very good.

Big 3 points none the less, city as one and all that...

Re: Timing of Pilkingtons runs

i dont expect any less of a guy playing out of position... has done quite well so far considering

malone would be hailed a hero had that shot gone in lol

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    i dont expect any less of a guy playing out of position... has done quite well so far considering

malone would be hailed a hero had that shot gone in lol
    I get that he was out of position, I think he's done really well up top thus. However, I also think he's been playing up top long enough already & with training into consideration to be moving in accordance with the oppositions defensive line at a higher success rate.

Regards to Malone it's a game of opinions and all of that but doesn't convince me even slightly defensively, might make him my scapegoat of the season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Taiwo View Post
    I get that he was out of position, I think he's done really well up top thus. However, I also think he's been playing up top long enough already & with training into consideration to be moving in accordance with the oppositions defensive line at a higher success rate.

Regards to Malone it's a game of opinions and all of that but doesn't convince me even slightly defensively, might make him my scapegoat of the season.
    Strikers get caught offside in every game in every league. Fact. Remember Earnie?
    Malone is the best left back we have ever had. Fact.

At this point in his career it is fairly unlikely that he can fully make the transition to a new position however he can always be our new Super-Kev: can have a run of games where he is very effective in a position that isn't really his own but eventually has to be moved back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Strikers get caught offside in every game in every league. Fact. Remember Earnie?
    Malone is the best left back we have ever had. Fact.

I agree that strikers or even players in general fall victim to the offside rule in pretty much every game in the world, I'm more concerned at the quantity of instances rather than the offence itself.

Also I think Malone is better than we've had at left back over the years but not good enough and he used to have a top knot if you noticed so he's obviously a weirdo

Banned

I agree that strikers or even players in general fall victim to the offside rule in pretty much every game in the world, I'm more concerned at the quantity of instances rather than the offence itself.

Also I think Malone is better than we've had at left back over the years but not good enough and he used to have a top knot if you noticed so he's obviously a weirdo
    Who would you like to see at left back for CCFC?

Can you try that again in English?

What's the problem with Malone? I would say he is the best fullback we have at the club.

As for Pilkington he wasn't great today but he's the best we have had up there all season.

There are times when Malone does indeed look the best full back at the club, but, by the same token, there are times when he suffers badly in comparison with Fabio and Peltier and I find myself wondering why Declan John is so far down the pecking order. If Scott Malone is really our best full back, then we definitely do not have top six quality strength in depth in that position.

Nothing like Eddie Johnson.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Reminiscent of Eddie Johnson IMO, will need to be worked on or he'll be back on the wing soon. Also Scott Malone is not very good.

Big 3 points none the less, city as one and all that...
    Cardiff's run of relatively good form has coincided with the embargo and Pilkington playing up top with Immers.

A few games without a goal does not mean he should be discarded as a striker.

He has continued to play well alongside Immers, pressing high (defending from the front) and contributing to some good sustained possession in the opponent's half.

If a change had to be made then perhaps Pilks and Immers playing behind Zahore may work ... but perhaps it is too late to experiment with formations.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Cardiff's run of relatively good form has coincided with the embargo and Pilkington playing up top with Immers.

A few games without a goal does not mean he should be discarded as a striker.

He has continued to play well alongside Immers, pressing high (defending from the front) and contributing to some good sustained possession in the opponent's half.

If a change had to be made then perhaps Pilks and Immers playing behind Zahore may work ... but perhaps it is too late to experiment with formations.
    I would not want us to lose the pressing and pace we now have upfront, so Zohore or Saadi should only come in if they can maintain that aspect of our play now IMO.

Pilkington did a great job initially as stand in centre forward. Last couple of games he has been caught off side way too many times .He never wins a header so there are aspects of his game he needs to work at. I still like the guys attitude and his ability but he needs to sharpen up his positioning play when we are attacking .