+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Toothless attacking threat from Cardiff (NO STRIKERS) City

Toothless attacking threat from Cardiff (NO STRIKERS) City

Pathetic attacking display. Pilks was caught offside six times (thru stupidity or ineptitude or both), and only shot in area was blazed 30 feet over the bar. Looked knackered in second half. I****s was pretty well anonymous.

This was reflected in the approach work which was mainly of the hoof it high and far and who cares if there's someone there. Very few crosses, mainly 'cos the fullbacks hardly ventured over the halfway line.

Best attack of game from a deft flick by I****s into the path of Malone who shot wide.

Only won because Ipswich were desperately poor.

Re: Toothless attacking threat from Cardiff (NO STRIKERS) City

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Pathetic attacking display. Pilks was caught offside six times (thru stupidity or ineptitude or both), and only shot in area was blazed 30 feet over the bar. Looked knackered in second half. I****s was pretty well anonymous.

This was reflected in the approach work which was mainly of the hoof it high and far and who cares if there's someone there. Very few crosses, mainly 'cos the fullbacks hardly ventured over the halfway line.

Best attack of game from a deft flick by I****s into the path of Malone who shot wide.

And on Tuesday we played Leeds of the park, showing attacking flair despite being down to ten men, and guess what we got nil points. Today we had 3, I know what I'd prefer

Ipswich had the joint best away record in the division going in to this match. I thought that our players were magnificent against a very physical team. Immers and Pilks didn't stop running.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    And on Tuesday we played Leeds of the park, showing attacking flair despite being down to ten men, and guess what we got nil points. Today we had 3, I know what I'd prefer
    Not sure about that - we were outmuscled today and Ipswich will feel a bit cheated. To be fair Moore had little to do in terms of their threats. He did however look nervous and we dodged a few bullets today from him not commanding his area...

I thought what little football there was, came from Ipswich. Two sides more intent on stopping the other side, but City always looked safe. They also looked full of energy right up to the end, which says a lot for their fitness levels. On the subject of Pilkington, I've posted a couple of times that I don't rate his 'conversion' to a striker as being as successful as most reckon..

Pound to a penny a striker (from a lower division) will be brought in before the window slams shut (assuming we can).

Banned

Six times Either you just started watching the City or that brain cell of yours can't hold a lot of information regarding previous strikers.
    Robert Earnshaw, one of our most prolific strikers lived offside which most good strikers do.
    Great battling performance from the boys today.

Wales Online: "ANTHONY PILKINGTON: Ran himself into the ground, but it was not really his day again. Those who believe he is not a striker will have seen their case strengthened a bit here. 6"

Wales Online: "ANTHONY PILKINGTON: Ran himself into the ground, but it was not really his day again. Those who believe he is not a striker will have seen their case strengthened a bit here. 6"
    So, who do you think should be playing there instead of Pilkington?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, who do you think should be playing there instead of Pilkington?
    As posted earlier, if we are able to, bring in a loanee.

(I note you rated Pilkington even lower than Wales Online )

As posted earlier, if we are able to, bring in a loanee.

(I note you rated Pilkington even lower than Wales Online )
    Yes and he's been a consistent seven out of ten (or higher) for all but our last two games in recent weeks.

As it is, I do wonder if the apparent removal of Macheda and O'Sullivan off our wage bill does mean we'll be looking to bring in another loan player before the windown close.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes and he's been a consistent seven out of ten (or higher) for all but our last two games in recent weeks.

As it is, I do wonder if the apparent removal of Macheda and O'Sullivan off our wage bill does mean we'll be looking to bring in another loan player before the windown close.
    Having now read your excellent piece, I see we are pretty well of the same mind - even down to the number of times Pilkington was caught offside.