+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Moore

Moore

If Marshall leaves, we need a new goalkeeper, all those who have said Moore would be an adequate replacement for Marshall are off their heads,, he was terrible today, easy catches dropped, coming for the ball and missing it, totally unconvincing

Good win but also thought Pilks was out of sorts today, but that could be due to them lumping the ball up to him instead of passing it to him
    Last edited by Igovernor; 12-03-16 at 18:31.

Re: Moore

Yes, Moore very unconvincing and very nearly chucked the ball into our own net, luckily went for a corner. We were fortunate we protected Moore quite well and he never had much to do.

Apart from the flapping at every cross - his kicking was not great either - he always seemed to be over kicking it.
    He's still young however I'm far from convinced

First Team

Cannot claim to know a whole lot about the art of keeping but to me they tend to thrive on experience and confidence.
    Maybe the lads needs a run of games before an informed opinion can really be made. Flapping at crosses is a bit of a worry though.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Cannot claim to know a whole lot about the art of keeping but to me they tend to thrive on experience and confidence.
    Maybe the lads needs a run of games before an informed opinion can really be made. Flapping at crosses is a bit of a worry though.

Spot on ,he doesn't get enough first team exposure,to be fully judged.

exactly how can a keeper gain confidence sat on the bench for 40 odd games a year , even so he needs to know the difference between trying to catch and punching

Game time over the season might have built his confidence. Not having a decent cup run won't have helped.

THIS ^^^^^^

7/10 according to Tandy

Banned

What I like about Moore is that he is not scared to leave his goal line when a cross comes in, unlike Marshall who comes for nothing. Yes some of decisions today were a bit iffy and his kicking went a bit awry but given some game time he could be a good asset.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    7/10 according to Tandy
    You are welcome to rate his performance and any of the other players if you want. It's a free country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    You are welcome to rate his performance and any of the other players if you want. It's a free country.
    It's on that basis that I feel empowered to comment on others' opinions. I generally choose not to offer player ratings of my own, but if pressed I'd probably rate Moore below 5.

What are the expectations for the next 3 games? Hopefully scrape a win at Reading then back to back draws against Derby and Burnley would suit

Give him time.

A clean sheet is a sheet ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    What are the expectations for the next 3 games? Hopefully scrape a win at Reading then back to back draws against Derby and Burnley would suit
    Draw at Reading and beat Derby is needed as a minimum if we hope to continue moving up into the top 6. Down to last 10 games now. No more room for manoeuvre if we want to reach our top 6 target at season end. We also need to beat Burnley if possible.

The clean sheet will be a huge confidence boost for him, should improve

Who are the potential replacements? I can't think of many

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Apart from the flapping at every cross - his kicking was not great either - he always seemed to be over kicking it.
    He's still young however I'm far from convinced
    Marshall's kicking hasn't been great lately. A lot of his kicks going straight out for an opposition throw in.
    But I agree with on the flapping. There were times he tried to catch the ball when he should have punched it.
    He's not the only one to look a bit dodgy though. Manga gave a away two corners that he really shouldn't have.

Sensible summary.

The clean sheet was certainly not down to him.

You can't praise someone for coming to get crosses when they get nowhere near it. He decided he was coming out before it was taken. In the 2nd half he had an easy ball to catch and spilt it.

When Marshall plays we try to play from the back which is exactly what should have done today rather than play into Ipswich hands.

He should be using training to improve his technique. If Marshall goes I agree a new keeper is needed as a priority