+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rugby Supporters High Jinx

Rugby Supporters High Jinx

Just called in to my local and told by the manager that last night was a nightmare with Rugby Fans . Not just one incident but Kicking Off all night , Numerous arrests . Also another pub had to be closed down by the Police. When are these Louts going to be dealt with appropriately . How things have changed with Football fans and Rugby fans . I wonder if it had been the same if Wales had won .

Re: Rugby Supporters High Jinx

Kicked off in Bridgend as well apparently.

Hooligans. What's the matter with them?

There needs to be a crackdown, a zero-tolerance policy on arseholes who can't handle their drink in general.

I think the worm has finally turned. A new gen of plod not going to allow "these normally upstanding citizens" my arse they are, to behave this way when drunk. If I ever owned a pub I would ban rugby tops straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by torfaen bluebird View Post
    Just called in to my local and told by the manager that last night was a nightmare with Rugby Fans . Not just one incident but Kicking Off all night , Numerous arrests . Also another pub had to be closed down by the Police. When are these Louts going to be dealt with appropriately . How things have changed with Football fans and Rugby fans . I wonder if it had been the same if Wales had won .
    It will only ever be high jinx with the egg.

A different rule for eggers, especially in Wales.

Pitiful really.

They arent really rugby fans though. They are people who come out to watch Wales in their local pubs and drink more than they normally would. Much more, hence the bad behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    They arent really rugby fans though. They are people who come out to watch Wales in their local pubs and drink more than they normally would. Much more, hence the bad behaviour.
    That's the truth of it.
    Rugby Internationals are more of a 'social event' than sporting event. 'Social' soon becomes antisocial.

The tides are turning. At international level, Football is cleaning up its act, Rugby is becoming ever more badly behaved .

Police wont stand for it long term.

Bloody hate the eggers. A few I know on Facebook, in London yesterday with their Welsh shirts on sharing "I hate England posts" and today, yes you guessed it decked out in Arsenal red at the Emirates.

Well done England, well done Watford

I have been lucky to have free tickets in the recent past and I used to quite to watch a game of rugby but as the bar is open and that the fans are allowed to bring alcohol into the ground is, in my opinion bonkers, you do not get a to watch the game as people are up and down back and forth spilling beer. For that reason I like it that we cannot take beer to your seats in football. I am not an anti drinker as some people on this board will confirm

Quote Originally Posted by wolfybluebird View Post
    I have been lucky to have free tickets in the recent past and I used to quite (LEFT OUT LIKE) to watch a game of rugby but as the bar is open and that the fans are allowed to bring alcohol into the ground is, in my opinion bonkers, you do not get a to watch the game as people are up and down back and forth spilling beer. For that reason I like it that we cannot take beer to your seats in football. I am not an anti drinker as some people on this board will confirm
    I don't drink with my auntie either

Quote Originally Posted by wolfybluebird View Post
    I have been lucky to have free tickets in the recent past and I used to quite to watch a game of rugby but as the bar is open and that the fans are allowed to bring alcohol into the ground is, in my opinion bonkers, you do not get a to watch the game as people are up and down back and forth spilling beer. For that reason I like it that we cannot take beer to your seats in football. I am not an anti drinker as some people on this board will confirm
    I can confirm this.

Mr Sober.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I don't drink with my auntie either

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I can confirm this.

Mr Sober.
    You were my saviour at Fulham