+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Academies in England (education)

Academies in England (education)

It feels like we've been here before: a massive upheaval with little to no evidence that it will improve things....ahh, yes, the last 7 days with cuts to disability benefits. I don't know, I just feel that there is a middle ground, and that some educational minister will eventually get it, between dictating that the curriculum should be "more British" when the rest of the world is looking outwards and giving up on relationship between state and education all together. If it is about giving more power to teachers then why not listen to teachers via a union and what this potential change could mean?

all schools instead run by remote academy trusts, unaccountable to parents, staff or local communities.
    I believe I posted in another thread that a pundit on 5 live had said that future cuts were likely to come from education and local government and here we, probably, are.

Re: Academies in England (education)

Tory middle England scum , labour blew it with the loss of so many seats in Scotland , now we are stuck with vermin, still as I am alright jack bollocks to the poor and these academies Tory Blair introduced ? I'd like to throttle him