+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Booing - "God save the Queen"

Re: Booing - "God save the Queen"

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have lived in England for 40 years and can't say that I have ever witnessed English people booing their own anthem,
    Scousers, red and blue, have regularly done so at Wembley. They know a bad tune when they hear one

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    Scousers, red and blue, have regularly done so at Wembley. They know a bad tune when they hear one
    I wonder if they boo the Liechtenstein national anthem for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DP1 View Post
    Why do we continue to this?

Felt quite embarrassed last night when our fans booed GSTQ last night. The NI fans must have though, quite rightly, what a bunch of w******.

About time some of or fans grew up
    English hatrism is fine on ccmb, dem is the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    I never said it was yours. I said a lot of Welsh.
    Now speak for a nation - well done you

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    English hatrism is fine on ccmb, dem is the rules
    We were playing NI

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Why should anyone have to sing about saving some pampered miserable old woman. A country's anthem should be about its people's and not some privileged old bint
    Just my opinion but I think that anyone who has served their Country would disagree with your comments..

Why do we continue to this?
    its the lyrics i think

Why should anyone have to sing about saving some pampered miserable old woman. A country's anthem should be about its people's and not some privileged old bint
    In my opinion you are an arse! I think that anyone who served in the forces would not agree with your sentiments but of course I could be wrong..
    Not about you being an arse!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have lived in England for 40 years and can't say that I have ever witnessed English people booing their own anthem,
    And I bet they turned up to support when times were not great . There support is unbelievable , especially away form home even in mindless friendlies , in faraway countries, didn't we give up the Millennium because of poor attendances and leaner times and hating all this west of us ?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfybluebird View Post
    In my opinion you are an arse! I think that anyone who served in the forces would not agree with your sentiments but of course I could be wrong..
    Why would everyone in the forces support the Royal Family? Are they fed pro royalty propaganda?

Richyrich

Now speak for a nation - well done you
    You seemed a bit shocked people were booing. I was just pointing out some people have different views to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Mrs R is English and I'm sure she'd be booing a fake 'Anthem' that tells about a non existant deity 'saving' (what does that even mean?) a German woman who's been set up to rule the nation.

What a load of old shit.
    This is exactly my problem with it. Add to that, that it's a crap tune, it suggests people be subservient to said German and it's also offensive, and you'll see why it's disliked by so many, even a lot of the English.

It's high time they got their own anthem, and it's dropped from any GB related events.

In my opinion it shouldn't have to be compulsory to be a servile royal butt licker if you want to join the army I hate the royals, doesn't make me any less patriotic than you, royalist or republican, all should be welcome to join the armed forces.

I wonder why the Welsh boo the the English/British anthem?

The years of oppression perhaps? The destruction of Welsh culture? The exploitation of Welsh people and resources and then saying "Oh f*ck em" after the resources were all used? Tryweryn possibly?

There's quite a strong contingent of Welsh-speakers (myself included) who follow the Welsh National Team, Welsh-speakers tend to be more nationalistic than non-Welsh-speakers, which is another reason for the booing, the points above still stand though

Frankly I couldn't give a toss what you think.

You think that everyone who has ever served in the Armed Forces is a committed Royalist?

You couldn't be more wrong

I'm no fan of the English but IMO booing another countries isn't right.
    Also, probably it fires up the opposing team even more before Kick Off.
    I certainly would want to stick up those fans booing my countries anthem even more if it was me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    I'm no fan of the English but IMO booing another countries isn't right.
    Also, probably it fires up the opposing team even more before Kick Off.
    I certainly would want to stick up those fans booing my countries anthem even more if it was me.

Fair comment.Even though I cannot stand GSTQ I wouldn't boo it.

I've always felt that England (apparently that covers N.I. too..) should have their own Anthem.

Until they do, and while they continue to just use the British Anthem - GSTQ then they should be respectfully allowed to sing their anthem.

Just as Welsh, or folks from any country would expect in return.

I will never sing GSTQ.
    I'd like to see a new British Anthem - for all of us - and also England to have a separate anthem of their own.

But booing anthems is just petty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I've always felt that England (apparently that covers N.I. too..) should have their own Anthem.

Until they do, and while they continue to just use the British Anthem - GSTQ then they should be respectfully allowed to sing their anthem.

Just as Welsh, or folks from any country would expect in return.

I will never sing GSTQ.
    I'd like to see a new British Anthem - for all of us - and also England to have a separate anthem of their own.

But booing anthems is just petty.
    That's what it's all about, shouldn't matter what the tune is really, I wouldn't boo even if their anthem was a David Guetta song.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabinogion View Post
    Because the Welsh measure their patriotism by their hated of England rather than their love of Wales.
    Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Sad, but true.
    so the England fans never boo our anthem

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I wonder why the Welsh boo the the English/British anthem?

The years of oppression perhaps? The destruction of Welsh culture? The exploitation of Welsh people and resources and then saying "Oh f*ck em" after the resources were all used? Tryweryn possibly?

There's quite a strong contingent of Welsh-speakers (myself included) who follow the Welsh National Team, Welsh-speakers tend to be more nationalistic than non-Welsh-speakers, which is another reason for the booing, the points above still stand though
    Patronising nonsense-unfortunately a trait of a few Welsh speakers!!!!!!!

👍 English/ Ulsterman can sing what they want, but as a British anthem it's shite and doesn't represent my love for my country at all.

The whole concept of a Royal Family appals me

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    👍 English/ Ulsterman can sing what they want, but as a British anthem it's shite and doesn't represent my love for my country at all.

The whole concept of a Royal Family appals me
    Spot on mate.