+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frankly amazed there is no mention of this on here

Frankly amazed there is no mention of this on here

(I could be immature and flippant - like I usually am - and say something like, "It's Pakistan, it's nowhere near us, so who cares?" - but I won't, even though I just did.)

Over 70 people murdered by the taliban in a childrens playground in Lahore.

Mostly women and children killed.

Sometimes you have to go beyond the BBC headline to get a real appreciation of what happens. ie, photographs and videos that haven't been filtered for "newsworthyness."

I have googled, and the photos are gut-wrenching - crying women on the floor, covered in blood; a little toddler on a hospital bed, face blackened, head bandaged, wearing an oxygen mask; photos of the playground, covered in pools of blood; distraught people everywhere. Then there are the descriptions from witnesses and residents as to what they saw. Just awful. How anybody could actually want to do something like this is beyond me. Yet the amazing things is, and despite all the world's politicians mouthing the same lies about how they will crush terrorism, it seems that there is no effort to stop all this shit. Sure, countries "up security levels", make a few arrests and put a few soldiers on the streets for photo-opportunities and that is it. That's all, until the next atrocity. Then repeat. Is this it now ? Is this is how it's going to be for the foreseeable future ? Should we just harden the f**k up and de-sensitise ourselves to it ? This shit is going on all over the world - killing people. For what ? Because of a religion ? Because of a scrap of land ? Because of oil ? Because of the $ value in arms sales ? Or what ? I think what it makes crystal clear is that the world's politicians couldn't give a flying f**k about their own people. Maybe they are all bought out by the big corporations or the pressure groups or the opinion polls, but I can't imagine just how uncaring they must be to allow all this suffering. Surely in this day and age, there must be a way of identifying and neutralising terrorists ?

ps C'mon Wales.

Re: Frankly amazed there is no mention of this on here

It`s not on here because it does n`t fit in with certain people`s agenda.

Banned

It shows the religion of peace and tolerance for what it really is,a murdering death cult that is incompatible with western values,that's why the mealy mouthed collaboraters that infest this site have avoided it.
    Last edited by goslow; 28-03-16 at 12:10.

I honestly can't even look at the pictures. I saw the headline when it happened, and that it targeted children and families in a park and I've tried my best to avoid it ever since for my own sanity!

The fact that there are protesters in Islamabad rooting for a guy who murdered a guy for speaking up for women is worrying to say the least.

When I see something like this I'm appalled and angry that such lunacy occurs, that people have such an irrational and egotistical desperation for power they will murder innocent people in such a cold and cowardly way. Then immediately after that my thoughts turn to a football forum and the apparent 'agendas' of people I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    When I see something like this I'm appalled and angry that such lunacy occurs, that people have such an irrational and egotistical desperation for power they will murder innocent people in such a cold and cowardly way. Then immediately after that my thoughts turn to a football forum and the apparent 'agendas' of people I don't know.
    I know what you're up to, matey, don't you worry.............

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    I know what you're up to, matey, don't you worry.............

It's the libraries again, isn't it ?

You always want more funding for libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    It's the libraries again, isn't it ?

You always want more funding for libraries.
    I'd like a bit more quiet in libraries, the one in town is like a coffee shop sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    It shows the religion of peace and tolerance for what it really is,a murdering death cult that is incompatible with western values,that's why the mealy mouthed collaboraters that infest this site have avoided it.
    I don't agree with religion in general but I find it hard to believe that Islam teaches all of it's followers to kill everyone seeing as there are 1.3bn Muslims in the world, if it did teach that, we'd all be f*cked

I feel the "murdering death cult" can be used to describe most of the major Abrahamic religions, each of these religions has seen atrocities committed in its name in recent years

But that takes nothing away from what has happened in Pakistan, which is truly awful and disgraceful but has been buried by what's happened in Brussels, I had no idea what had happened until opening this thread

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

each of these religions has seen atrocities committed in its name in recent years
    Really?

Really?
    Christianity - KKK, IRA, America in general as they refer to themselves as a Christian nation and everything they do as Christian, Charleston church bombing in America

As for Judaism, its a much smaller religion but still - Palestine

:rolleyes:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ken000 View Post
    Shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Shocking
    It is 2016. And a group of supposedly adult humans is claiming responsibility for slaughtering families and children in a park ..
    Its beyond obscene.

And, at the end of the day, it gains absolutely nothing for the "cause" these evil people are representing, it just adds to the pain, grief and misery in the world. What a noble achievement - not!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Are you? It is appalling, the people doing it are delusional but the whole process is also exhausting - probably because it's so depressing that we still have to have these events. How hard is it not to kill or rape? How much better would the world be if everyone just agreed that?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    It`s not on here because it does n`t fit in with certain people`s agenda.
    It is on here.

And we're talking about it.

There was some idiot who mouthed off on the internet using the above phrase and got nicked. Seems a waste of Police time as he got mocked quite rightly on the internet which I think was fitting enough.
    He came across as a bit of a bell end too.
    Last edited by CardiffIrish2; 29-03-16 at 05:02.

Truly barbaric and senseless act, carried our by an evil man. But we need to remember that the nutjobs that carry out these atrocities truly are a minority, albeit a very dangerous one, and do not truly represent their religion.
    Sadly, we've become a bit desensitised to such acts of terror, certainly most of my life has been spent under the shadow of terrorism in one shape or form.
    Of course, this latest atrocity was carried out in a place where most of us will never go, when it happens in Europe it's a bit closer to home and makes you think "It could've been me"

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Truly barbaric and senseless act, carried our by an evil man. But we need to remember that the nutjobs that carry out these atrocities truly are a minority, albeit a very dangerous one, and do not truly represent their religion.
    Sadly, we've become a bit desensitised to such acts of terror, certainly most of my life has been spent under the shadow of terrorism in one shape or form.
    Of course, this latest atrocity was carried out in a place where most of us will never go, when it happens in Europe it's a bit closer to home and makes you think "It could've been me"

^^^ good post .

A plane has been hijacked now from Egypt and landed in Cyprus ( two places I've visited in the past) dare Say I won't be flying to Egypt ever again it's seems that airport security there is none existent

Hope those on board get off alive apart from the hijackers

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    ^^^ good post .

A plane has been hijacked now from Egypt and landed in Cyprus ( two places I've visited in the past) dare Say I won't be flying to Egypt ever again it's seems that airport security there is none existent

Looks like he wants asylum rather than a terrorist attack - most of the passengers have been allowed to leave the plane apparently.
    Hopefully there will be a peaceful ending to this one.

^^^ good post .

Most of the passengers off the plane. One hijacker motivated by 'personal reasons'! Following his ex-wife to Cyprus and wants to claim asylum? Madness!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35915139

^^^ good post .

Most of the passengers off the plane. One hijacker motivated by 'personal reasons'! Following his ex-wife to Cyprus and wants to claim asylum? Madness!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35915139

Edit: all hostages freed now.

Pakistan are paying lip-service. Their secret service is as corrupt as Saudi Arabia'S. They tolerate (evenly actively support) training camps and radical movements as the governments do not become (frequent) targets and it suits their agenda ... i.e. power in the region (the struggle for Kashmir).