+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cameron in the kacky?

Re: Cameron in the kacky?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You daft git lol

Stay in Spain

How's the tax ?
    The tax here is much higher here than there, but worth every cent because there are fewer morons here than there! Oh and by the way, I pay my full tax liabilities!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Got your finger on the pulse out in Spain then, or is the Daily Mail the only UK paper available in your neck of the woods
    The Daily Mail has been ripping into Cameron and his government for weeks, especially in the last few days. If you got your media information from a broader spectrum you would also learn about the sickening cronyism of Toni Blair, not to mention his wife who has also made millions on dodgy property deals, not to mention her financial backing for the lawyers that have been hounding British troops for years - the same troops Blair sent out..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The Daily Mail has been ripping into Cameron and his government for weeks, especially in the last few days. If you got your media information from a broader spectrum you would also learn about the sickening cronyism of Toni Blair, not to mention his wife who has also made millions on dodgy property deals, not to mention her financial backing for the lawyers that have been hounding British troops for years - the same troops Blair sent out..
    This exactly re Blair, the stuff they did whilst letting in anyone to de-Tory the country begs belief. His immigration policy was simple, come in and let's just put u on benefits. At least he helped create Isis hey......

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Absolute nonsense-the only corruption in politics is in the Tory party.Well that's what most on this board would want you to believe.Gave up on honesty in politicians and politics-like believing in Father Christmas really.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    This exactly re Blair, the stuff they did whilst letting in anyone to de-Tory the country begs belief. His immigration policy was simple, come in and let's just put u on benefits. At least he helped create Isis hey......
    That is utter nonsense regarding immigrants and benefits

Not sure why this gets much attention. His father created a vehicle to invest in USD stock, not an illegal tax avoidance scheme.

There are so many more newsworthy stories where things are very wrong. This is not one of them. Seems to me to be a distraction technique by the press that are owned by people who are doing dodgy tax deals. Don't get distracted from the real story.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    People do care. Whilst I agree that nothing will be done, people will remember how the rich and powerful are being exposed for what they are.

And most importantly, this latest incident will remind the people exactly what the Tory party is all about; politicians spouting platitudes whilst filling their own pockets and doing favours for their rich Eton chums off the back of the hard working and long suffering public.

While none of these greasy, greedy, two-faced crooks will be seeing the inside of a courtroom, the people will have all these incidents in the back of their minds come voting time.
    Sorry ... I don't think The British populace are that intelligent, whilst the plastic Tories will continue to remain stubborn and comfort themselves with their own fairy-tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Not sure why this gets much attention. His father created a vehicle to invest in USD stock, not an illegal tax avoidance scheme.

There are so many more newsworthy stories where things are very wrong. This is not one of them. Seems to me to be a distraction technique by the press that are owned by people who are doing dodgy tax deals. Don't get distracted from the real story.
    It's getting a lot of press, guess there is no news out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    The tax here is much higher here than there, but worth every cent because there are fewer morons here than there! Oh and by the way, I pay my full tax liabilities!
    Cent ?

Euro surely ?

Have you been on the glue

You bloody immigrant , taking Spanish jobs

Spoken like oily Dave himself , this is comedy gold

And, Cameron could have nipped it all in the bud last Monday. Now he is coming across as someone with something to hide, and many people (rightly or wrongly) view him as a hypocrite because of what he has said about these types of businesses before. He should just lie low and enjoy Aston Villa's challenge for the Top 4.

Cent ?

Euro surely ?

Cent ?

Euro surely ?

Have you been on the glue

You bloody immigrant , taking Spanish jobs
    Don't 100 cents make a Euro?
    Comic Gold!!!!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It's getting a lot of press, guess there is no news out there....
    Spoken like oily Dave himself , this is comedy gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    And, Cameron could have nipped it all in the bud last Monday. Now he is coming across as someone with something to hide, and many people (rightly or wrongly) view him as a hypocrite because of what he has said about these types of businesses before. He should just lie low and enjoy Aston Villa's challenge for the Top 4.

But surely the story SHOULD be about the mega rich avoiding tax NOW, not someone dad who died 5 years ago. You are all being subject to the press avoiding the real story, and you are all falling for it. The focus should be on these schemes and the people using them now.

Its the press playing the public for suckers and avoiding the real story. The important story of getting these people to actually pay their tax in a fair way. Dont get distracted by the press, the ones who are part of this problem. Focus on the problem now.

But surely the story SHOULD be about the mega rich avoiding tax NOW, not someone dad who died 5 years ago. You are all being subject to the press avoiding the real story, and you are all falling for it. The focus should be on these schemes and the people using them now.

Its the press playing the public for suckers and avoiding the real story. The important story of getting these people to actually pay their tax in a fair way. Dont get distracted by the press, the ones who are part of this problem. Focus on the problem now.
    And who are the people who are actually able to make these people pay their tax in a fair way? The same people who are doing quite nicely out of it themselves, thank you.

That's why this is the story.

The story has more than one element - I'm fully aware of that. The discussion point on this board is of Cameron's involvement and the effect on his political life. There are many other points for discussion that haven't been brought up here yet.

It's a story not because he had the shares-it's a story because it appears he tried to hide the fact.Why he tried to hide it I fail to see-I would be prepared to bet there are quite a few in Parliament from all sides who have money in these funds.Perhaps a few who are pointing the finger now.

Feedback

Has Cameron actually avoided paying tax as a result of this or is the media storm just about owning shares in an offshore tax haven?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Has Cameron actually avoided paying tax as a result of this or is the media storm just about owning shares in an offshore tax haven?
    As far I can can extract from whats out there. He held shares in a scheme his father setup. He paid tax on the dividends he received from the company, and when he disposed of the shares the capital gain (split between the 2 of them) was below the capital gains tax threshold so no tax was payable. So he has not directly avoided any tax.

Its as good as a non story. Especially compared to the levels of dodgy tax avoidance uncovered. Its purely an anti tory rhetoric. Completely avoiding the real story.

As far I can can extract from whats out there. He held shares in a scheme his father setup. He paid tax on the dividends he received from the company, and when he disposed of the shares the capital gain (split between the 2 of them) was below the capital gains tax threshold so no tax was payable. So he has not directly avoided any tax.

Its as good as a non story. Especially compared to the levels of dodgy tax avoidance uncovered. Its purely an anti tory rhetoric. Completely avoiding the real story.
    Your right-unfortunately by avoiding the issue initially he laid himself wide open for the press attack.

It is a non story (or want it to be ) if you are a Tory apologist who wants to avoid the PM being shown up as a liar and hypocrite.

The problem for Cameron is that it is he who has been rattling on about both tax avoidance and tax evasion ......in fact all forms of tax issues and thow his party was going to sort it out and he's been part of the problem , legal schemes including his dead old man's , for years

He has weaseled himself into a hole with his actions this week and I hope he's crapping himself

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Your right-unfortunately by avoiding the issue initially he laid himself wide open for the press attack.
    In your opinion he's right , in my opinion he's wrong and loads of people on radio stations this morning think he's wrong too

As far I can can extract from whats out there. He held shares in a tax-avoiding scheme his father setup. He paid tax on the dividends he received from the company, and when he disposed of the shares the capital gain (split between the 2 of them) was below the capital gains tax threshold so no tax was payable. So he has not directly avoided any tax.

FYP as you glossed over a fairly important part of the situation but anyway. Let's take Cameron out of it and just talk about the British PM and the rest of the Cabinet as figures rather than people or their party.

Do you think, because of the position of influence they're in, that their own finances should be open to some scrutiny? My view is that the UK is lucky that the press is allowed to investigate and publish potential conflicts of interest. If they turn a blind eye in this case and others, then what incentive is there for the government to govern in the best interests of the country and not just themselves?

And does the amount matter? If it's only about 30 grand, peanuts for the big corporations, then does that make it ok? To me, I don't think it does.

EDIT: In short, there are some very corrupt governments out there and I don't think the UK is one of them. This type of press investigation is what keeps it (relatively) clean.
    Last edited by lardy; 08-04-16 at 11:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    It is a non story (or want it to be ) if you are a Tory apologist who wants to avoid the PM being shown up as a liar and hypocrite.
    I agree with this , others opinions may differ