+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Conspiracy theory

Conspiracy theory

This is interesting, not because I think it's true in any way, or even that I care one way or another anything about any of this.
    I found if interesting how quickly an at times pretty convincing conspiracy theory can be made, presumably mostly by teen fans.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodwar...wx#.ih7e3D7VRV

At the end of the day, common sense tells you that this is all nonsense, but they've generated some decent stuff there, it goes to show how easy it is to make a convincing conspiracy theory.

Blog Entries

Re: Conspiracy theory

That's not a conspiracy theory imo, just a load of social media trash thrown together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    That's not a conspiracy theory imo, just a load of social media trash thrown together.
    I'm sure there's a distinction in there somewhere.

People filling in blanks with unsourced facts is what all conspiracy theories are made of.

Oh the irony.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Not sure why this gets much attention. His father created a vehicle to invest in USD stock, not an illegal tax avoidance scheme.

There are so many more newsworthy stories where things are very wrong. This is not one of them. Seems to me to be a distraction technique by the press that are owned by people who are doing dodgy tax deals. Don't get distracted from the real story.
    But surely the story SHOULD be about the mega rich avoiding tax NOW, not someone dad who died 5 years ago. You are all being subject to the press avoiding the real story, and you are all falling for it. The focus should be on these schemes and the people using them now.

Its the press playing the public for suckers and avoiding the real story. The important story of getting these people to actually pay their tax in a fair way. Dont get distracted by the press, the ones who are part of this problem. Focus on the problem now.
    As far I can can extract from whats out there. He held shares in a scheme his father setup. He paid tax on the dividends he received from the company, and when he disposed of the shares the capital gain (split between the 2 of them) was below the capital gains tax threshold so no tax was payable. So he has not directly avoided any tax.

Its as good as a non story. Especially compared to the levels of dodgy tax avoidance uncovered. Its purely an anti tory rhetoric. Completely avoiding the real story.
    For me there is a bigger story, one being covered up by this story. Thousands of rich , much richer than cameron, using these schemes themselves. That is what needs covering. Yes cameron has dug himself a whole with his response, but the problem is much bigger much more important than him holding some shares. Would he get the same attention if he held shares in google, tesco, or apple?

Its a distraction technique played out by the people guilty of far worse. Focus on the real problem, not something that flatters your hatred of the tories.
    ​Wow, it looks like you have a few theories of your own going on there, if I said the same sort of things it would be complete loonacy according to you, hypocrite.

​Wow, it looks like you have a few theories of your own going on there, if I said the same sort of things it would be complete loonacy according to you, hypocrite.

Here's another conspiracy, apparently we don't have the :clap: smiley anymore

Banned

Aren't they opinions rather than theories?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Call them what you like, he's still a hypocrite.

Call them what you like, he's still a hypocrite.
    Well said Mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Yeah. They are just bunch of opinions with no bases I guess. A theory is something that has proof but needs more investigation.

The sad demise of a once great messageboard.
    One Direction conspiracy theories.
    Dearie me.