+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well done Atletico Madrid

Well done Atletico Madrid

A season for the underdogs - into the semis of the CL at the expense of the mighty Barcelona.

Re: Well done Atletico Madrid

Could be better to hold the final in Madrid then.

But both Madrid teams could yet make the final, so where would you play it without an advantage to the other side

Where is this years final being held then?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBlue View Post
    Where is this years final being held then?
    San Siro, I think

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    San Siro, I think

That's correct. Still one of my all time favourite football cathedrals.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    But both Madrid teams could yet make the final, so where would you play it without an advantage to the other side
    Raya Vallecano's ground, capacity 14,700 Well it's in Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Raya Vallecano's ground, capacity 14,700 Well it's in Madrid
    Of course! 3k tickets to each club and the rest for sponsors / UEFA / FIFA / off shore shell companies

With Jordi Alba and Mascherano(?) against Arsenal, Jordi Alba against Real Madrid, Suarez against Athletico and now Suarez and Neymar against Athletico....

What's the point in cheating if you already have the best 11 potentially the world has ever seen?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    San Siro, I think
    So there then.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Perhaps they share the same stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    With Jordi Alba and Mascherano(?) against Arsenal, Jordi Alba against Real Madrid, Suarez against Athletico and now Suarez and Neymar against Athletico....

What's the point in cheating if you already have the best 11 potentially the world has ever seen?
    I must have missed it, when did suarez and neymar cheat last night?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I must have missed it, when did suarez and neymar cheat last night?
    Suarez elbowed Godin. I didn't think it looked too deliberate but his reputation goes before him, the commentators seemed to think it was deliberate.

Neymar also appeared to kick out at the one bloke as he was shielding the ball out of play.

Added to that Iniesta should've been sent off as well, not sure how handballing in the box and therefore stopping a goalscoring chance only resulted in a yellow card. Surely the rule is that it has to be a red card?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Suarez elbowed Godin. I didn't think it looked too deliberate but his reputation goes before him, the commentators seemed to think it was deliberate.

Neymar also appeared to kick out at the one bloke as he was shielding the ball out of play.

Added to that Iniesta should've been sent off as well, not sure how handballing in the box and therefore stopping a goalscoring chance only resulted in a yellow card. Surely the rule is that it has to be a red card?
    ah right yeah i remember. didnt think the elbow was on purpose tbh, although the result seems to suggest otherwise. Neymar's kick on the other hand i thought should have been a red. along with iniesta like you said. It would have been cruel to have given a yellow for that, and then end up giving a penalty to barca from an iniesta shot. The right team won, and IMO they were the only team who could have beaten barca. Hope they go on to win it.

EDIT: on the topic of cheating to win, I think they're within their right to do anything and everything they can to win the game. Its up to the ref to punish them.

Banned

I'm glad barcelona got knocked out,all the talent in the world but just can't stop themselves cheating.