+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well done Atletico Madrid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Well done Atletico Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I must have missed it, when did suarez and neymar cheat last night?
    Suarez elbowed Godin. I didn't think it looked too deliberate but his reputation goes before him, the commentators seemed to think it was deliberate.

Neymar also appeared to kick out at the one bloke as he was shielding the ball out of play.

Added to that Iniesta should've been sent off as well, not sure how handballing in the box and therefore stopping a goalscoring chance only resulted in a yellow card. Surely the rule is that it has to be a red card?

Re: Well done Atletico Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Suarez elbowed Godin. I didn't think it looked too deliberate but his reputation goes before him, the commentators seemed to think it was deliberate.

Neymar also appeared to kick out at the one bloke as he was shielding the ball out of play.

Added to that Iniesta should've been sent off as well, not sure how handballing in the box and therefore stopping a goalscoring chance only resulted in a yellow card. Surely the rule is that it has to be a red card?
    ah right yeah i remember. didnt think the elbow was on purpose tbh, although the result seems to suggest otherwise. Neymar's kick on the other hand i thought should have been a red. along with iniesta like you said. It would have been cruel to have given a yellow for that, and then end up giving a penalty to barca from an iniesta shot. The right team won, and IMO they were the only team who could have beaten barca. Hope they go on to win it.

EDIT: on the topic of cheating to win, I think they're within their right to do anything and everything they can to win the game. Its up to the ref to punish them.